Page 185 of 202 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,700 of 4036

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Just got a shipping notice from Subterranean Press (my first such notice from that press, as I recall...must be something new he's doing (and I like it!)) that my S/L copy of ARTEMIS is on its way. I have a trade 1st that I had Weir sign and inscribe to me when I attended a local booksigning for it, so had some reservations about keeping this order (was placed before the trade came out), especially since ARTEMIS wasn't as good as THE MARTIAN, but ultimately I'm glad I did, even if it's a duplication, as its S/L form matches the S/L form of my copy of THE MARTIAN...at least that's the way I'm justifying it.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Just got a shipping notice from Subterranean Press (my first such notice from that press, as I recall...must be something new he's doing (and I like it!)) that my S/L copy of ARTEMIS is on its way. I have a trade 1st that I had Weir sign and inscribe to me when I attended a local booksigning for it, so had some reservations about keeping this order (was placed before the trade came out), especially since ARTEMIS wasn't as good as THE MARTIAN, but ultimately I'm glad I did, even if it's a duplication, as its S/L form matches the S/L form of my copy of THE MARTIAN...at least that's the way I'm justifying it.
    I have received shipping notices on past orders from Subterranean press. My copy of Artemis is not scheduled to arrive until next Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I have received shipping notices on past orders from Subterranean press. My copy of Artemis is not scheduled to arrive until next Tuesday.
    Hmm. Maybe I'm confusing Sub Press w/ Centipede's process...I know Centipede doesn't do shipping notices.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Hmm. Maybe I'm confusing Sub Press w/ Centipede's process...I know Centipede doesn't do shipping notices.
    Shipping notices from SubPress seem to be a recent development - I would say less than a year?

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Shipping notices from SubPress seem to be a recent development - I would say less than a year?
    I don’t often order from them direct, usually choosing instead to go with Camelot Books or eBay, so maybe that’s the reason it seemed new to me.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    I've always gotten shipping notices from SubPress and I've been buying books from them for several years.

However, if the notice specified which book you're getting, that IS new; previously it was just a tracking number and if you had multiple books on order, it was up to you to poke around and figure out which one was coming.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    I've always gotten shipping notices from SubPress and I've been buying books from them for several years.

However, if the notice specified which book you're getting, that IS new; previously it was just a tracking number and if you had multiple books on order, it was up to you to poke around and figure out which one was coming.
    Yes, I believe including the order number so you know what they shipped is a new development.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    I found a double novel (flipbook) at Blood Bound Books--Cradle Of The Dead by Roger Jackson and Dark Waves by Simon Kearns. BBB tossed in a free copy of The Return by David Riley. If anyone is interested, I might be agreeable to mailing you The Return.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

I found on eBay six Dick Tracy trade paperbacks. I have only read one of the six tpbs. These tpbs are from the fifteen year run of Max Alan Collins writing the Dick Tracy comic strip. I wanted to snag these Dick Tracy tpbs earlier, than I got busy with something and forgot about the eBay listing. I can't buy the huge, deluxe treatments of Dick Tracy by Chester Gould (Not enough room), but I have been enjoying revisiting the excellent Dick Tracy storylines done by Max Alan Collins after he took over the Dick Tracy scripting duties from Chester Gould. This purchase could only have been better if the shipping was free.

Cap

Beetles! by Dustin LaValley, art by Daniele Serra arrived while I was out of the park.

Cap

A couple of weeks ago, In Stock Trades was having an extra 3% off sale on DC books. Their current discount prices were 42% off cover price, so for that weekend only, they were now up to 45% off. I spent FAR MORE than I was planning on, but I was able to snag for of the Absolute editions, plus a ton of trades (I asked some fellow comics fans I knew on Twitter for recommendations.)

Today they arrived. Two GIANT HEAVY boxes full of four color goodness:

absolutes.jpg
    First the Absolute editions of Sandman: Overture, Batman: Year One, V For Vendetta, and Batman: The Long Halloween.

And then the pile of trades:
    comics.jpg
    Superman Last Son of Krypton*
    All-Star Superman*
    Superman For All Seasons*
    Superman Secret Identity
    The New Frontier
    Wonder Woman 1
    Wonder Woman 2
    Wonder Woman Rebirth 2
    Wonder Woman Rebirth 1
    Catwoman Trail of the Catwoman
    Batman Year One*
    Dark Night A True Batman Story
    Batman The Killing Joke
    Batman The Dark Knight Saga

*Also purchased for GF's brother for Christmas. He loves Superman and Batman, but has never read any of the comics before, so I tried to find a handful of "best" stories. Sadly The Dark Knight Returns is only available with The Dark Knight Strikes Back - I hope he can overlook that part)

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Wow! Nice haul, Jason!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Wow! Nice haul, Jason!
    Thanks! It's quite an impressive amount of books. Add them to my last two shipments from them, and I have a mountain of books on the coffee table now. I probably should move them . ..

I've gotten some fun books this week (Dark Region's Bird Box, Suntup's Misery Artist Edition, the 10th Anniversary Tor collection, and the second and third Murderbot novellas,) but today brought an extra special delivery:

Raven Face.jpg
    The Ravens of Unresting Thought by Timothy Lantz

Inspired by the Native American mythology of the Pacific-Northwest, this story offers a fresh perspective on the tale, Raven Steals the Sun, the Moon and the Stars and imagines how the events in that story have impacted humanity since the time of the First People.

Combining prose and poetry with elements of a graphic novel, The Ravens of Unresting Thought features an array of artistic styles including traditional hand-drawn and painted illustrations alongside photography and digital mixed media work.

I've known Tim for close to 20 years now. We met on an old blogging site and shared quite a few interests, specifically comics and hard rock/metal music. I even met Tim in real life once so he's a real dude.

He does a lot of digital illustrations - book covers, trading cards, he's even designed a beer label for a beer that I made in his honor - Archeon's Stygian Darkness (an oak aged milk stout infused with absinthe.)

I've always tried supporting Tim and his art - I own a bunch of prints, he even thanks me in a tarot card set he designed (Archeon's Tarot). (I think my ex took my copy of my tarot cards . . .)

Anyways, he's been working on this new project for a couple of years now, and after a failed Kickstarter, he published it himself anyway. Once I found this out, I was chomping at the bit to get a copy, and today my copy finally arrived. I of course bought the extra special fancy edition, so it came with a bunch of extras like post cards, and signed/numbered prints, and a giclee print.

Raven 1.jpg

Raven 2.jpg

It's a beautiful book, and I'm so happy that he's finally been able to publish it - so I'm spreading the word - maybe this will strike some of your fancies and you'll get a copy for your collection too.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Cool looking book. It looks like it was a labor of love.

I'm not buying many collectible books these days so I'm excited to get this one in the mail. As a bonus they gave me my requested number!

KIMG0030.jpg

KIMG0032.jpg

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Nice stuff, guys!

Thanks! I really loved Bird Box and I think DRP made a nice edition. I will check it out a little more this evening (with some candlelight and a nice Chianti) but I am initially pleased with the purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Nice stuff, guys!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Thanks! I really loved Bird Box and I think DRP made a nice edition. I will check it out a little more this evening (with some candlelight and a nice Chianti) but I am initially pleased with the purchase.
    Looks wonderful. Congrats on the number too. Was it packed well?

https://forum.cemeterydance.com/show...ll=1#post92411

Not sure if I did the link thingy right or not. Thanks by the way. The book production wise is okay but I do like the size and illustrations. To be clear I am not at all disappointed. I just don't think it's quite as nice as CDs editions at this price point. Plus I wish the author would have signed the books in lieu of initials or whatever that is...Just a nit picky thing on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Looks wonderful. Congrats on the number too. Was it packed well?
    Last edited by Ben Staad; 09-14-2018 at 06:26 PM.