Page 183 of 202 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,660 of 4039

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Pretty cool stuff, Jason. Also, Mike says, "Hi".

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    I kinda wish I would've ordered that set. I even had an opportunity to buy a complete set in the aftermarket for a decent price a year or two ago, and again passed it up. Glutton for disappointment, I guess.
    If I ever decide to move mine, I'll keep you in mind.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    If I ever decide to move mine, I'll keep you in mind.
    Thanks, Mike, appreciate it. And congrats on the Bradbury / Heston volume...pretty neat! I have a William F. Nolan-signed-to-Steve-McQueen, so can appreciate the slight thrill of having that kind of Association Copy.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Pretty cool stuff, Jason. Also, Mike says, "Hi".
    Thanks! And hi Mike via Brian!

Kind of a Grail for me. First Edition October Country 1955. It is an Ex-Library book but in fantastic shape. I paid $50.00 for it. Y'all know what a Fine First is going for, so this might be my best chance to own a First at all. Pretty darn pleased! Have a great Day!!

October Country 1955.jpg

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Kind of a Grail for me. First Edition October Country 1955. It is an Ex-Library book but in fantastic shape. I paid $50.00 for it. Y'all know what a Fine First is going for, so this might be my best chance to own a First at all. Pretty darn pleased! Have a great Day!!

October Country 1955.jpg
    Very nice, congratulations!

Thanks Martin. It's a really tight copy for a 62 year old book. Usual tape marks inside, but it shows well and is in Surprisingly good shape.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Nice add! Congrats on The October Country!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    WOW! congrats on the sweet score!

Congrats -- nice score. Definitely one of the best collections ever published in genre fiction.

Received this a week or so ago. If this hardcover doesn't get your heart racing, better check your pulse...

The book is additionally signed by the editor/publisher, the introduction writer, the daughter of Howard Browne who wrote the afterword, her husband who served as the model of Paul Pine on the front cover, and by the cover artist. Only a limited number of these were so signed upon publication in late March (at the L.A.Paperback Show).

In terms of production quality and sheer bang-for-buck, Centipede Press, Subterranean Press, and Haffner Press are, in my mind, the top three small-press publishers putting out work today.

(Photos borrowed from the eBay auction)

Received this a week or so ago. If this hardcover doesn't get your heart racing, better check your pulse...

The book is additionally signed by the editor/publisher, the introduction writer, the daughter of Howard Browne who wrote the afterword, her husband who served as the model of Paul Pine on the front cover, and by the cover artist. Only a limited number of these were so signed upon publication in late March (at the L.A.Paperback Show).

In terms of production quality and sheer bang-for-buck, Centipede Press, Subterranean Press, and Haffner Press are, in my mind, the top three small-press publishers putting out work today.

(Photos borrowed from the eBay auction)

This looks very cool. I have yet to pick up anything from Haffner but have been eyeing the Fredric Brown books for a little while. I really need to work them into the budget.

I have the Brown books, and they’re well worth the money. I’m in for the entire series, and am looking forward to the next volumes.

Really excited about their forthcoming Bloch and Wandrei collections, too.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    I finally gave in and tonight purchased The Transfiguration Of Mr. Punch by Charles Schneider, D. P. Watt and Cate Gardner. It was published by Egaeus Press. I really wanted the version with the laid in limited edition postcard. I only saw this one available. TTOMP is basically a literary triptych (I borrowed that last part from the bookseller's description). I know what a triptych movie is-I have a few- and that is partially why I found this book so unique.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

I have the Brown books, and they’re well worth the money. I’m in for the entire series, and am looking forward to the next volumes.

Really excited about their forthcoming Bloch and Wandrei collections, too.
    Neat, I'll have to give them a try!!

Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    I finally gave in and tonight purchased The Transfiguration Of Mr. Punch by Charles Schneider, D. P. Watt and Cate Gardner. It was published by Egaeus Press. I really wanted the version with the laid in limited edition postcard. I only saw this one available. TTOMP is basically a literary triptych (I borrowed that last part from the bookseller's description). I know what a triptych movie is-I have a few- and that is partially why I found this book so unique.

Cap
    I looked this up after reading your post and this sounds very intriguing. I’m fighting the urge to pick up a copy myself. Impulse buys have played havoc with my budget this year.

Neat, I'll have to give them a try!!
    I don't have their full fun, but have many of them -- from Kuttner, Brown, Brackett, (now) Browne, and others I'm probably forgetting. I always feel like I get my money's worth from them.

I've been looking for this one for a awhile. It is a well Lived First edition that has been out in the world. Tight copy, decent dust jacket. It feels like owning a piece of history, not just a book. Pictures wouldn't load, I'll try later. OK, am I just not holding my mouth right or what?? Anyone else having problems loading photos??resize 1.JPGresize 2.JPGresize 3.JPGresize 4.JPG
    Last edited by mhatchett; 05-22-2018 at 11:29 AM.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    To add on to my previous post about some recent David Petersen acquisitions . . .

It's been a busy eBay month, so I've recently acquired a ton of comics and the last Mondo poster which completes my David Petersen Mondo collection (excluding the variant edition of Mouse Guard . . . let's not get too crazy here . . .)

First - the comics!

TMNT Micro-Series #1-3, and the black and white variants:

TMNT Micro-Series #4-6, and the black and white variants:

TMNT Micro-Series #7-8
    Star Wars #1 variant, Rocket Raccoon #1 variant
    Jim Henson Labyrinth Coronation #1 variant

Muppet King Arthur #1-4

Muppet Robin Hood #1-4

Muppet Peter Pan #1-4

Muppet Snow White #1 and #4

I still need to track down Muppet Snow White #2 and #3, along with Muppet Sherlock Holmes #1-#4 (maybe? #1 for sure . . .)

And finally, all three of the Mondo Posters - Mouse Guard will always remain a favorite, but I can't pick a favorite of the other two.

Brave

The Rescuers

Mouse Guard

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    To add on to my previous post about some recent David Petersen acquisitions . . .

It's been a busy eBay month, so I've recently acquired a ton of comics and the last Mondo poster which completes my David Petersen Mondo collection (excluding the variant edition of Mouse Guard . . . let's not get too crazy here . . .)

First - the comics!

TMNT Micro-Series #1-3, and the black and white variants:

TMNT Micro-Series #4-6, and the black and white variants:

TMNT Micro-Series #7-8
    Star Wars #1 variant, Rocket Raccoon #1 variant
    Jim Henson Labyrinth Coronation #1 variant

Muppet King Arthur #1-4

Muppet Robin Hood #1-4

Muppet Peter Pan #1-4

Muppet Snow White #1 and #4

I still need to track down Muppet Snow White #2 and #3, along with Muppet Sherlock Holmes #1-#4 (maybe? #1 for sure . . .)

And finally, all three of the Mondo Posters - Mouse Guard will always remain a favorite, but I can't pick a favorite of the other two.

Brave

The Rescuers

Mouse Guard
    Great additions!