Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice find!

Comment

Wow! I probably wouldn't have picked that up, and then spent years wishing I had.
      “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
      -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

That's just wonderful...congrats on a terrific find! Were I you, though, I wouldn't freshen that up paint at all… That looks terrific as it is with a little wear and tear, makes it a little more spooky.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Thanks! I know, I'm a little torn about freshening it up, we'll see after zi wash it up.

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
            Wow! I probably wouldn't have picked that up, and then spent years wishing I had.
            I've done that a few time myself GRRRR LOl! Hate that feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              That's just wonderful...congrats on a terrific find! Were I you, though, I wouldn't freshen that up paint at all… That looks terrific as it is with a little wear and tear, makes it a little more spooky.
              I agree, I think it looks great as-is.
              Last edited by subie09lega; 03-08-2016, 06:01 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                I did grab a scratch and dent return of Stinger ($30 - can't pass that up)
                I caved and picked up one of these as well. A lot of what SubPress sells as "scratch and dent" barely qualifies, especially if they put a new dust jacket on.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                  I caved and picked up one of these as well. A lot of what SubPress sells as "scratch and dent" barely qualifies, especially if they put a new dust jacket on.
                  I bought one too, and I agree on the "scratch and dent" statement. I've bought a few of these over the years and never found anything wrong with them.

Comment

I managed to purchase one of the scratch and dent versions of NOS4A2 and still can't figure out what was wrong with it. And I'm good with that.

Hoping my copy of Stinger is just as bad.

(Reminds me of that scratch and dent couch I purchased at ikea in a previous life. Only way I figured out it was scratched was when we put it into a truck and the bottom underside fabric had maybe a two inch tear. Hello 50% off.

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                    I bought one too, and I agree on the "scratch and dent" statement. I've bought a few of these over the years and never found anything wrong with them.

Comment

To be honest, I think Bill treats any returned books as scratch and dent regardless of the reason they were returned. So while some might actually be damaged, some will also be stock returned from wholesalers that didn't/couldn't sell the books. These copies of Stinger appear to be the latter case.

Comment

I bought a $30 STINGER, too, even though I have a signed 1st UK HC (which is why I skipped it in the first place). But I looked at my copy today, and it turns out it had been inscribed to the previous owner -- and that was excuse enough to spring for the S/L.

I wish I'd sprung for the S/L HC of BLUE WORLD when returns of it were offered at a similar price...kinda screwed up there. Again, I have a signed UK 1st HC of BLUE WORLD, too, but the three add'l uncollected stories should have been enough to justify $30, darn it.
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                          I wish I'd sprung for the S/L HC of BLUE WORLD when returns of it were offered at a similar price...kinda screwed up there. Again, I have a signed UK 1st HC of BLUE WORLD, too, but the three add'l uncollected stories should have been enough to justify $30, darn it.
                          Yeah, I passed that one up at full price, but when the returned copies went on sale I bought one. Again, no damage to the book.

Comment

Same goes for me with NOS4A2, I've grabbed a couple others here and there too, like $10 for KJ Parker's Savages, the dust jacket may have been slightly bumped, but for all I know that could have happened in shipping, that was it. Always a worthy buy.

Comment

So jealous, want to grab one at that price but shipping is $40 which is more than the book itself!

Comment

Originally posted by Julzz View Post
                                So jealous, want to grab one at that price but shipping is $40 which is more than the book itself!
                                $40? Where are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X