Page 143 of 202 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 4030

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Brian, I'm surprised that will all the trouble I had with mine that it arrived so much sooner than yours.
    Yea, interesting for sure. Didn't arrive yesterday so maybe next week. Who knows how they process these things. I suppose I should give them a shout if it doesn't show within a few days of this business week.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Yea, interesting for sure. Didn't arrive yesterday so maybe next week. Who knows how they process these things. I suppose I should give them a shout if it doesn't show within a few days of this business week.
    I did notice on mine that the port of entry was San Francisco. From there they are just going ground USPS. One of the rare occasions us on the west coast received our product earlier rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I did notice on mine that the port of entry was San Francisco. From there they are just going ground USPS. One of the rare occasions us on the west coast received our product earlier rather than later.
    That could be the case for me as well, Martin as far as the port of entry. I know of at least one east coast person who has theirs now as well. Being stuck right in the middle of the country could be the reason I haven't seen it yet.

Senior Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour Plasticine's Avatar
    Been a while since I had anything to post about. Feels like there's not a ton of new editions coming out that I want, which is disappointing. The few I have ordered, probably won't be out until much later on in the year. But I did break the long dry spell with a hardcover edition of Brian McNaughton's The Throne of Bones.

Very cool trade edition. Tons of illustrations. Wish I could have included some of the cooler pieces of art, but they're not very SFW. The book itself is pretty great. I'm not huge into fantasy, but I probably would be if more was done like this. Really blood, guts and ghouls. I'm glad I could add it to my collection.

Nice!

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Looks great! You've piqued my interest, I may need to look into it. But if you like blood, guts and gore check Karl Edward Wagner and Tim Lebbon's fantasy works.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Plasticine, that is a beautiful book!

Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    The The Throne of Bones pics are amazing! Nice job.

Here's my latest, a collection that spoke to me so deeply I had to track down a lettered. I've given verbal versions of one of these stories multiple times. To my mind there are two full masterpieces here, a mark that's almost never hit in a single book; only the best of the very best even come close. This author took me completely by surprise:

SAM_6047.jpg

SAM_6051.jpg

SAM_6064.jpg
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Very nice add, Andrew!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    That could be the case for me as well, Martin as far as the port of entry. I know of at least one east coast person who has theirs now as well. Being stuck right in the middle of the country could be the reason I haven't seen it yet.
    The Goldsboro arrived today. Can't really tell from the invoice or packaging as far what was the port of entry. Does read that it came through Chicago at some point. Hopefully the book is ok. The box is pretty beat up on a few corners but I haven't opened it up yet.

Good luck, Brian! I'll cross my fingers for you as I post this.
    -John Barth

Quote Originally Posted by bugen View Post
    Good luck, Brian! I'll cross my fingers for you as I post this.
    Thanks, brother! Appreciate it.

Here's 800 pages of hard science fiction. Previously I'd only read 5 of his stories, and that's enough to know this was a good idea.

SAM_6109.jpg
    -John Barth

Very nice, Andrew! Looks like a beast of a book. My Goldsboro edition of The Fireman did survive the journey. It was wrapped really well inside of the box.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    I almost bought this but I know nothing about the author so I wasn't sure how'd it go over. On one hand, it could go like Bleeding Shadows did which introduced me to the world of Joe Lansdale, or it could go like a Jack Vance collection did (all from Sub Press oddly enough) where it was beyond painful to read.

Quote Originally Posted by bugen View Post
    Here's 800 pages of hard science fiction. Previously I'd only read 5 of his stories, and that's enough to know this was a good idea.

SAM_6109.jpg

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TJCams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I almost bought this but I know nothing about the author so I wasn't sure how'd it go over. On one hand, it could go like Bleeding Shadows did which introduced me to the world of Joe Lansdale, or it could go like a Jack Vance collection did (all from Sub Press oddly enough) where it was beyond painful to read.
    I almost grabbed this too. I have on only read Pushing Ice, and it was very, very good hard sci-fi. I suppose I still may consider it. It's a fantastic looking book, and damn.....it's big one too! Reynolds is, at least for me, a modern day Arthur C Clarke.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Wish I would have grabbed it on the 50% sale, but can't get them all.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    like Bleeding Shadows did which introduced me to the world of Joe Lansdale,
    That recent release was your first Lansdale? Wow, I envy you the opportunity to read all the Lansdale that's out there for the first time...

It was. I recognized the name (probably because of the sheer volume of books Sub Press publishes from him,) but never read him before.

While at a book signing down in the Portland Area (for Jason Gurley,) another author mentioned Lansdale and said he wrote Bubba Ho-Tep which I was VERY familiar with the movie. Grabbed Bleeding Shadows from the Humble Bundle that Sub Press did, and was hooked.

And ever since then (a year-ish now?) I've been reading and acquiring his books. In fact, I received two today (Zepplins West signed trade and For a Few Stories More SN LE.) I'm going to need a new shelf for his books.

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    That recent release was your first Lansdale? Wow, I envy you the opportunity to read all the Lansdale that's out there for the first time...

Well damn, now I'm wishing I grabbed this. Secondary market here I come!

Quote Originally Posted by TJCams View Post
    I almost grabbed this too. I have on only read Pushing Ice, and it was very, very good hard sci-fi. I suppose I still may consider it. It's a fantastic looking book, and damn.....it's big one too! Reynolds is, at least for me, a modern day Arthur C Clarke.