No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great add, bugen. Beautiful looking book.

Comment

Was off today. Hit a plant sale at a local high school and then checked out a couple of thrift stores. All pretty intersting, to me anyway, some read and trades, the hit is the Robots and Spaceships book by Taschen, a keeper for sure. Pictured with todays finds is Gracey Grey, the bookhound.
      IMG_0486.jpg

Comment

The Folio Society edition of Dune is waiting for me at home but I won't be there until Friday. There is no god.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
          The Folio Society edition of Dune is waiting for me at home but I won't be there until Friday. There is no god.
          Nice! Gonna snap us some shots when you finally get it in your hands?

Comment

Folio Society produces some gorgeous looking books, and their edition of Dune looks to be no exception. There's quite a few of their editions I would love to add to my collection. I hope you post pics when you finally get it.
            Last edited by Plasticine; 05-06-2015, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Plasticine View Post
              Folio Society produces some gorgeous looking books, and their edition of Dune looks to be no exception. There's quite a few of their editions I would love to add to my collection. I hope you post pics when you finally get it.
              I'm torn on Folios. I often like the look of them, but the rarely seem to maintain value, at least not historically.

Comment

Dune is one of my Favorite books. I have a copy of the 2nd ed Chilton and the Easton Press. Slayin have you read the Luke Scull Grim Company books?

Comment

In order:

Theli: Absolutely. I've also finished setting up my bookshelves, so pics of those will be uploaded this weekend as well.

Theli again: They don't hold value because in most cases they're nothing more than a really fancy edition of an otherwise readily available book. At least with Easton Press editions, you'll often get a signature to go along with your fancy edition, but that's just not the case for FS.

mhatchett: I've read the first one, and have the sequel sitting in my TBR pile. Why do you ask?

Comment

Slayin,
                    Well, I know you like Fantasy and I'm reading the sequel myself. Just wanted to make sure you didn't miss out on a couple of good books.

Comment

Thanks guys! Grant has a pretty good deal going on for Talisman/Black House if you choose the option to include The Dark Tower (7) as well:

https://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-dt-7.html

I thought it to be a super-nice set - was extremely happy unboxing these!

SAM_1085.JPG
                      “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                      -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Received my signed copy of American Psycho from Easton Press. Can't wait to read it, there are no illustrations, but overall I'm pretty excited.

Last edited by Julzz; 05-13-2015, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                          In order:

Theli: Absolutely. I've also finished setting up my bookshelves, so pics of those will be uploaded this weekend as well.

Theli again: They don't hold value because in most cases they're nothing more than a really fancy edition of an otherwise readily available book. At least with Easton Press editions, you'll often get a signature to go along with your fancy edition, but that's just not the case for FS.

mhatchett: I've read the first one, and have the sequel sitting in my TBR pile. Why do you ask?
                          I only actually only own one signed Easton, but several unsigned. I think they've begun focusing on signed editions more lately, and they seem to be significantly more valuable than their unsigned brethren. Folios are fantastic editions though, and some seem to maintain value, though it seems to be the more recent printings. My guess is less limitation in printing/more availablity is what affects the price, as well as the cloth versus leather binding. Still both are much better than your average trade hardcover. That said, I have one fantastic Folio edition, and there are still a few more I'd like to add, Dune may be one of them.
                          Last edited by Theli; 05-07-2015, 06:41 AM.

Comment

For what it's worth, Dune has gone into a second printing.

Comment

Received the set of A Simple Plan and The Ruins. They look great together. Would've been nice if a slip-case was an option although I do understand that it would've bump up the cost in production. A Simple Plan has got nice foiling where the blue changes depending on how it catches light. Got a nice smell to it too. Smells like some of my recent EP books. Hard to describe, almost something like vanilla, I don't know what it is could be the gilding or the paper but I like it. A Simple Plan looks simple but if you look at the detail from the unique blue foiling and the silver gilding is the best one of the two.

Last edited by Julzz; 05-13-2015, 03:09 AM.

Comment

I agree, they are both great looking books! I keep going back and forth on which one I like the most.

Comment

Working...
                                X