Clear All

Damn that's slick.

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
      A king must win. The rest is dust.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16647[/ATTACH]
      Very nice!

Comment

Thanks guys. This one has a traycase material I'm not sure I'm familiar with. It appears almost like a reflective, textured type of denim that's hard to see in the picture, but still has a hardened feel. I think there may have only been one piece of artwork within, but it's really cool. I'll check it out in more detail this weekend and post a couple of pics.
        “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
        -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

There should be at least two interior pieces, at least according to the product page.

Comment

A nice delivery from Camelotbooks. The more I deal with them, the more pleased I am. The others I picked uplast week. The Barker is an ARC, the puzzle box came with it. A gift from a friend. I almost have the box opened.....LOL!
            IMG_0465.jpg
            IMG_0466.jpg
            MDH

Comment

Nice adds. I was looking at those Fursey books a while back. They look interesting. I also agree about Camelot Books. I've had nothing but pleasant experiences with them.

Comment

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to reading the Fursey books. I love the cover art. I've read some good reviews. And really, how can you pass on a book about a stammering exorcist? I have the entire Mayberry trilogy now, so at some point I'll binge read them. Kim and Tony are great, real book people!

Comment

I made a couple of recent purchases. First up is the limited hardcover of Slowly We Rot by Bryan Smith. I've always enjoyed his work, but this book was simply amazing. Probably the best zombie novel I've read in a good long time, even though the zombie action is pretty low key. It's more about surviving the end of the world and the emotional and mental strain it takes. Before I finished the ebook edition, I knew I had to add the Thunderstorm hardcover to my collection.

This was actually my first Thunderstorm book and I'm really happy with the quality. The graphic only spine is neat, the paper quality is high, the black leather is great and the end papers are absolutely gorgeous. Really happy I managed to grab it before they sold out. I'm definitely interested in tracking down some of their other Smith books, in particular Rock and Roll Reform School Zombies.
                  Last edited by Plasticine; 04-14-2015, 06:46 PM.

Comment

My second purchase was Red Sky by Nate Southard. I actually managed to pick this one up at a cool local bookstore. I've read two other books by Nate and have decided to start collecting his stuff. He's really a great writer that manages to bring a unique spin to pretty standard horror scenarios.

No special end papers this time, but still a might fine looking edition from Thunderstorm. The red leather is particularly striking. Again the graphic only spine stands out and is really well done. Really looking forward to adding more of their editions to my collection.

Comment

Nice adds. I think the more recent Thunderstorm releases have been top notch quality.

Comment

Nice adds, Plasticine! Glad to hear that Slowly We Rot is a good read. I'm a little backlogged on my Thunderstorm Books reading, but I'm hoping to get to it soon.

I also agree with you about Nate Southard. I've quickly become a fan of his work. I picked up the limited edition of Pale Horses, which I also hope to get to soon. So many books, so little reading time! I'm starting to feel like that guy in that old Twilight Zone episode!

Comment

Some new adds. First another Nate Southard title. Lights Out was the first of his books I read, so I thought I'd get the limited hardcover. Thunderstorm gave the book a pretty straightforward presentation without a ton of bells and whistles. No dust jacket, no fancy end papers and it's not numbered. Fine for the price I paid, but definitely not worth a big collectors premium.

Next up is Johnny Gruesome by Gregory Lamberson. I had this book on my Kindle forever, but saw the hardcover when I picked up Red Sky by Nate Southard. I immediately fell in love with the EC Comics style presentation, so I decided to finally read the book and see if it was worth adding to my collection. It's a fun, fast-paced book and definitely suits the cool edition Bad Moon Books came up with for it. I got it for $30 and it feels like an absolute steal.

Comment

Finally, I decided to get the Bernie Wrightson illustrated edition of Frankenstein. I was a bit worried about the quality since it was put together by a comic book publisher, but I shouldn't have. This mammoth cloth bound hardcover is gorgeous. The materials are all top notch and they make Wrightson's art absolutely pop off the page. It's a really gorgeous trade edition worth adding if you're a fan of Wrightson.

Comment

Originally posted by Plasticine View Post
                              Some new adds. First another Nate Southard title. Lights Out was the first of his books I read, so I thought I'd get the limited hardcover. Thunderstorm gave the book a pretty straightforward presentation without a ton of bells and whistles. No dust jacket, no fancy end papers and it's not numbered.
                              Nice adds! It looks like the edition of Lights Out from Thunderstorm is from their Hard Rain line, which was a budget alternative to the Black Voltage line. I believe they did do a Black Voltage edition, though I don't know readily available it is on the secondary market.

Keeping on the Nate Southard topic, Sinister Grin is going to be releasing a limited edition of Scavengers this year. I've never picked up a book from them before. Anybody have any feedback as to their quality?

Comment

Originally posted by Plasticine View Post
                                Finally, I decided to get the Bernie Wrightson illustrated edition of Frankenstein. I was a bit worried about the quality since it was put together by a comic book publisher, but I shouldn't have. This mammoth cloth bound hardcover is gorgeous. The materials are all top notch and they make Wrightson's art absolutely pop off the page. It's a really gorgeous trade edition worth adding if you're a fan of Wrightson.

I love Bernie Wrightson's art!

Comment

Working...
                                X