Page 141 of 202 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 4039

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    I said it over at Brian's forum, but let me say it again: Holy shit.

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    What an absolutely stunning book!

Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    Sacrebleu, very nice!
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Stopped by the library to discover a book sale. Happy, happy, joy, joy.

I got a bunch of Thieves' World books; about half of them I already owned but these are better copies - plus I found some of the novels (Shadowspawn, Beyond the Veil, etc.).

Got four Charles de Lint books, including "Drink Down The Moon," which I don't recall ever seeing before.

"Magic Kingdom For Sale - Sold!" by Terry Brooks

Two by John Myers Myers: The Harp and The Blade, Silverlock.

And the first six Elric books.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    "Magic Kingdom For Sale - Sold!" was my first book signing in April '86. It's a fun light read.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Great Finds!!

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    "Magic Kingdom For Sale - Sold!" was my first book signing in April '86. It's a fun light read.
    I'm sure I'll read it again, but got it mainly for the nostalgia factor since I bought it way back when it first came out. Thirty years. Holy crap.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marduk View Post
    I'm sure I'll read it again, but got it mainly for the nostalgia factor since I bought it way back when it first came out. Thirty years. Holy crap.
    I know. It's crazy when I look some of the books I have had over 30 / 35 years that I purchased when they were brand new.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Two every awesome experiences today. First, I received Dave's extra copy of the trade edition of 'Salem's Lot illustrated. Looks like it just came off the press this morning. Couldn't have asked for a better copy! Probably my nicest 2nd hand pick up to date. Great to know like minded collectors really care for their stuff. Thanks again, Dave!

Second, purchased a dinged copy of The Shining Folio edition from a fellow TDT member and boy am I impressed with it as well. Very nicely done and a nice, heavy book. The book does fit pretty tightly in the slipcase but I wouldn't hesitate to order directly from them in the future.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Two every awesome experiences today. First, I received Dave's extra copy of the trade edition of 'Salem's Lot illustrated. Looks like it just came off the press this morning. Couldn't have asked for a better copy! Probably my nicest 2nd hand pick up to date. Great to know like minded collectors really care for their stuff. Thanks again, Dave!

Second, purchased a dinged copy of The Shining Folio edition from a fellow TDT member and boy am I impressed with it as well. Very nicely done and a nice, heavy book. The book does fit pretty tightly in the slipcase but I wouldn't hesitate to order directly from them in the future.
    Nice but I am trying not to purchase the Folio edition of The Shining and you are not helping!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Nice but I am trying not to purchase the Folio edition of The Shining and you are not helping!
    Go ahead and pull the trigger, Martin . You won't regret it, promise!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication

You're welcome, Brian! The Folio edition of The Shining is a really nice book. Good pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    You're welcome, Brian! The Folio edition of The Shining is a really nice book. Good pickup.
    Thanks, Dave. Rep sent! .

Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    The Hyperion Cantos letter AA is finally complete. Half-witted reviews of books 3 and 4 and suites of pictures to be posted eventually.

Closing this loop has me in a melancholy frame of mind, as if part of my collector's heart has finally run its course and no longer burns. But even if that's the case, what a prize at the end:

SAM_5674.jpg
    Last edited by bugen; 06-18-2016 at 10:06 PM.
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Junior Member Visitor Cryptkeeper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bugen View Post
    The Hyperion Cantos letter AA is finally complete. Half-witted reviews of books 3 and 4 and suites of pictures to be posted eventually.

Closing this loop has me in a melancholy frame of mind, as if part of my collector's heart has finally run its course and no longer burns. But even if that's the case, what a prize at the end:

SAM_5674.jpg
    Poetically said and oh, those are some nice looking books. Thanks for posting.
    “In every grain of wheat there lies hidden the soul of a star.”

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    God, that's an beautiful quartet of books. Congrats on completing the set!

While out making my first purchase of a comic book since I'd guess early Jr. High, I went ahead and picked up these. Since we live in a cashless society (ok, I choose to live in a cashless society ), had to make at least a $10 purchase at the local mom and pop before I could use my debt card. Not sure at this point if I'll pursue trying to finish out this collection but also think it would be a fun, casual side project when the book collecting gets slow or waiting on preorders. Martin, if you're well versed in Locke & Key as a fan, I may call upon you for advice and guidance from time to time.

Primary covers I believe for Locke & Key Clockworks Issues #3, #4, and #5.
    Locke & Key.jpg

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    While out making my first purchase of a comic book since I'd guess early Jr. High, I went ahead and picked up these. Since we live in a cashless society (ok, I choose to live in a cashless society ), had to make at least a $10 purchase at the local mom and pop before I could use my debt card. Not sure at this point if I'll pursue trying to finish out this collection but also think it would be a fun, casual side project when the book collecting gets slow or waiting on preorders. Martin, if you're well versed in Locke & Key as a fan, I may call upon you for advice and guidance from time to time.

Primary covers I believe for Locke & Key Clockworks Issues #3, #4, and #5.
    Locke & Key.jpg
    Feel free to ask questions about Locke & Key. This is a great story and should be read in sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Feel free to ask questions about Locke & Key. This is a great story and should be read in sequence.
    Thanks, Martin. I'll definitely read it that way then.

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bugen View Post

SAM_5674.jpg
    They were a worthy goal. And truly look stunning.