Page 133 of 201 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 4006

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

  1. #2641
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly frik51's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    2,732
    Rep Power
    14
    Love the new additions here! Congratulations, guys!!

    sk

  2. #2642
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,614
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by frik51 View Post
    Love the new additions here! Congratulations, guys!!

    sk
    Thanks, Siep!

  3. #2643
    Senior Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour Plasticine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    6
    Just received Thunderstorm's Private Reserve edition of Rock and Roll Zombies from Camelot Books the other day.





















    This was the first Bryan Smith book I ever read and it made me a fan. I love the pulpy, 80s horror movie feel of the story and the music references throughout. When I found out there was such a limited edition of the book, it immediately became one of my "must haves". Imagine my surprise when this copy showed up on Camelot's website. I didn't even hesitate to put it on lay-a-way and paid it off full the moment I could do so. The edition didn't disappoint. I love the garish green of the cover. They made liberal use of the cover art through out the book. The textured leather is really nice. Extremely pleased I could add this to my collection.

  4. #2644
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,889
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasticine View Post
    Just received Thunderstorm's Private Reserve edition of Rock and Roll Zombies from Camelot Books the other day.





















    This was the first Bryan Smith book I ever read and it made me a fan. I love the pulpy, 80s horror movie feel of the story and the music references throughout. When I found out there was such a limited edition of the book, it immediately became one of my "must haves". Imagine my surprise when this copy showed up on Camelot's website. I didn't even hesitate to put it on lay-a-way and paid it off full the moment I could do so. The edition didn't disappoint. I love the garish green of the cover. They made liberal use of the cover art through out the book. The textured leather is really nice. Extremely pleased I could add this to my collection.
    Great addition, congratulations!

  5. #2645
    Senior Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour Plasticine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Great addition, congratulations!
    Thank you.

  6. #2646
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,574
    Rep Power
    14
    Funny, I just picked up my first Bryan Smith novel a few days ago: SLOWLY WE ROT, the signed/limited hardcover direct from the man himself. I understand it's atypical of his style/themes (i.e. quiet and reflective, which I prefer anyhow, rather than overt and violent), but I also hear it's quite good, so thought I'd give it a shot.

  7. #2647
    Senior Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour Plasticine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    6
    I also own the limited of Slowly We Rot. It is a bit different from his normal stuff, but I also think it's his best book.

  8. #2648
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,574
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasticine View Post
    it's his best book.
    That's what I continue to hear, so am really looking forward to diving in.

  9. #2649
    Senior Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour Plasticine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    6
    The book. I ordered it, it came.




















  10. #2650
    Senior Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour Plasticine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    6














    I've been putting off buying other physical editions since The Scarlet Gospels came out because I knew the day would come when I ordered this one. It took far longer than I imagined it would, but I'm so glad the day finally came when it arrived courtesy of Camelot Books. Absolutely gorgeous edition. It's really immaculately put together, with fine leather and great paper stock. The two color printing is very tasteful and well done. The slip case is wonderful. The only complaint I have (and it's very small) is the size of the manuscript pages. I wish they were one to a page, but that's such a small nitpick. Simply a great book by Earthling.

  11. #2651
    Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,096
    Rep Power
    9
    Great pics, thank you for sharing!
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

    https://bugensbooks.com/

  12. #2652
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,889
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasticine View Post














    I've been putting off buying other physical editions since The Scarlet Gospels came out because I knew the day would come when I ordered this one. It took far longer than I imagined it would, but I'm so glad the day finally came when it arrived courtesy of Camelot Books. Absolutely gorgeous edition. It's really immaculately put together, with fine leather and great paper stock. The two color printing is very tasteful and well done. The slip case is wonderful. The only complaint I have (and it's very small) is the size of the manuscript pages. I wish they were one to a page, but that's such a small nitpick. Simply a great book by Earthling.
    Looks great! Congratulations.

  13. #2653
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,614
    Rep Power
    52
    Love the look of the slipcase as well.

  14. #2654
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,614
    Rep Power
    52
    Reckon I'd ought to go through this stuff and get it put away before the Misses returns tomorrow

    IMG_1654.jpg

  15. #2655
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Mike88's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Illinois/Wisconson border Illinois side
    Posts
    143
    Rep Power
    8
    I really wish I would have pushed one this one. What A beautiful book.Congrats.

  16. #2656
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greater Denver Area, Colorado
    Posts
    957
    Rep Power
    10
    NICE!

    My kitchen table looked like that the week all of my eBay purchased a handful of CD and SP orders arrived. I was put on eBay probation after that ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Reckon I'd ought to go through this stuff and get it put away before the Misses returns tomorrow

    IMG_1654.jpg

  17. #2657
    Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,096
    Rep Power
    9
    Wow Brian, enjoy!
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

    https://bugensbooks.com/

  18. #2658
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,614
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    NICE! My kitchen table looked like that the week all of my eBay purchased a handful of CD and SP orders arrived. I was put on eBay probation after that ...
    There is talk of bringing Prohibition back in my household. But it has nothing to do with the "sauce".

    Quote Originally Posted by bugen View Post
    Wow Brian, enjoy!
    Thanks, Andrew! Acquired over the last couple of days. Nothing really to write home about expect a couple of pretty cool Remarques. But new to my collection stuff all the same . Finally getting a little down time to open up the goodies.

  19. #2659
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication jhanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    714
    Rep Power
    10
    I've finally able to get a copy!



    John

  20. #2660
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,614
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I completely agree that the movie Ghost Story is a great one and I try to watch it each year. However the book has so much more depth that it is hard to compare them. You are in for a treat with a first reading of Ghost Story! After that you should pick up Peter Straub's Lost Boy:Lost Girl which is Peter Straub's best Ghost Story.
    Per Martins suggestion, I returned to the mom and pop yesterday and picked this up. She has several other HB Straub's for sale. Anything else you guys would recommend by him?

    Lost Boy Lost Girl Straub.jpg

Similar Threads

  1. eBook Purchase/Download Help
    By Dan Hocker in forum eBook Projects
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-16-2013, 12:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •