Page 127 of 202 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 4039

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Very nice add!! (My shelf needs one damnit!)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Thanks, Jason! Prepare to pay a bit for one in decent shape.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication jhanic's Avatar
    Nice! You don't see that one too often.

John

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly frik51's Avatar
    Very nice, Brian. Love this edition!

sk

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Nice Lansdale collection Jason! I've been wanting that Cold in July/Savage Season two pack for a while.

Also a killer add Brian, another book I've considered picking up (and may yet) I do have the CP edition and US 1st/1st of it, but I like the look of the UK edition too. Can never have too many 'Salem's Lots!

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Nice Lansdale collection Jason! I've been wanting that Cold in July/Savage Season two pack for a while.

Thanks!
    I won't tell you the price I paid for it. I think I stole it based on the prices in eBay and Abe Books.

I added the new Sub Press book last night (name totally escapes me) and I believe that Amazon dropped off the new Hap and Leonard PB collection today.

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Nice! You don't see that one too often. John
    Also a killer add Brian, another book I've considered picking up (and may yet) I do have the CP edition and US 1st/1st of it, but I like the look of the UK edition too. Can never have too many 'Salem's Lots!
    Plus the CD edition and the PS edition coming our way soon! Our collections are starting to get overran quickly by these thirsty bloodsuckers!

Quote Originally Posted by frik51 View Post
    Very nice, Brian. Love this edition! sk
    Thanks, guys! I'm in need of a 2nd or 3rd state Trade 1st/1st US along with a UK Trade 1st/1st but those are on the waiting list for the time being. In the meantime, my main goal this year is to collect the lower end UK Trade 1st/1st. Several more are due to arrive tomorrow and I'll get 'em up soon.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    I received Edge of Dark water a few months ago from PS. Paid $7 for it, kinda felt guilty lol as it felt like stealing. Great book I enjoyed reading it. Kicking myself for not picking up anything from their clearance. Should've picked up Trapped in the Saturday Matinee.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Plus the CD edition and the PS edition coming our way soon! Our collections are starting to get overran quickly by these thirsty bloodsuckers!

Thanks, guys! I'm in need of a 2nd or 3rd state Trade 1st/1st US along with a UK Trade 1st/1st but those are on the waiting list for the time being. In the meantime, my main goal this year is to collect the lower end UK Trade 1st/1st. Several more are due to arrive tomorrow and I'll get 'em up soon.
    Yeah I'd like to get a 2nd and 3rd state 1st US edition, I wouldn't be too concerned about the condition for the second state, and a 1st UK... maybe a signed copy while I'm at it too! hahaha.

But yeah looking forward to the CD and PS editions, as well as the remarqued Portfolio from CD.

Yeah I'd like to get a 2nd and 3rd state 1st US edition, I wouldn't be too concerned about the condition for the second state, and a 1st UK... maybe a signed copy while I'm at it too! hahaha.

But yeah looking forward to the CD and PS editions, as well as the remarqued Portfolio from CD.
    Why not?! The sky's the limit right?! lol. I couldn't foot the bill for the Remarque at the time but I do have the matching portfolio coming as well.

I just received my signed copy of the US Bazaar of Bad Dreams.

John

John
    Nice, John! Congrats! I'm always so envious of your skills of obtainability

John
    Doesn't seem to be many of those floating around. Congrats!

Doesn't seem to be many of those floating around. Congrats!
    Thanks!

John

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Just got this one! No wonder I can never take advantage of CD's Great deals. Love all the art work in the Shattered Sea series, very well done.
    Half A War02292016195352.jpg

Absolutely killer! Big congrats! Do you have the other books in the trilogy too?
    I've been considering picking up those books too, have yet to delve into it though. Loving the First Law trilogy so far though... So I can't see why I wouldn't.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Thanks! I have all the Abercrombie books that Sub has done. I found him pretty early on, so I was looking for the limiteds. This series is not my favorite, sometimes it reads a little YAish, not as dark as 1st Law for sure. Enjoyable though. The neat thing is they're doing a slipcase for the set.

I got some fun new books the last couple of days.

First up - on Tuesday - I attended my first SFWA (Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America) gathering in Kirkland, Washington.

The reason of my going was that an author I really enjoy was going to be there as part of a mini-book tour promoting his first non-self-published novel. I've seen Jason Gurley on two separate occasions (one was at a library north of Seattle, and the second time was a brewery in Portland - beers and books - WINNING!)

I was able to get my copy of Eleanor (his novel) signed, along with the paperback ARC of the same, and a copy of a collection that one of his short stories appeared in (the same story in fact that he read at the brewery reading.)

Gurley.jpg
    Loosed Upon the World, Eleanor ARC, Eleanor

Quiet Town is his short story and my inscription reads "For Jason, who hasn't read it ... but that's okay!" The meaning behind this is that I told him I haven't read the story in the book, but I did hear him read it, which is a good start.

My Eleanor ARC was inscribed as "For Jason, who also never wins!" This is due to my making a comment that even though he did quite a few contests to win this ARC (and other books,) I had to resort to getting my copy on eBay. He also used a handy little stamp that says Time is a River, which he inscribed in my copy of the self-published version of Eleanor.

And finally, my hardcover of Eleanor:
    Eleanor.jpg

On the top is a sweet little drawing that Jason did for me. I saw a copy of this book on eBay that included a similar drawing, and I tweeted at him about what would it take to get a drawing too. He told me to ask nicely and smile. So I bought him a shot of a local whiskey.

And on the bottom my inscription reads "For Jason - Carl Sagan said "Books are proof humans are capable of working magic." Hope you find some here!"

I also purchased books from the other two participants in this reading. I hadn't heard of either before, but I enjoyed chatting with Susan Forest (who I shared a table with, along with her husband (who some fantastic stories of his own,) and my girlfriend.)

Updraft Immunity.jpg
    Updraft by Fran Wilde (To Jason - On your wings) and Immunity to Strange Tales by Susan Forest (Jason - So great to meet you tonight at the Pacific Northwest Reading series in Seattle!)

Even though Kirkland isn't very convenient for someone living in Tacoma (on a Tuesday evening,) it was still quite a fun night!
    Last edited by TacomaDiver; 03-04-2016 at 03:58 AM.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Go**amn it, I forgot all about that signing...had every intention of going to get my Sub Press Howey set signed and pick up a signed ELANOR HC. And it's just down the proverbial road for me. Shoot.

Darn cool remarque, Jason.