Page 103 of 213 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 4246

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

  1. #2041
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,443
    Rep Power
    15
    Got my grab bag today too. Mostly the same except instead of the SK Movie Trivia and Weak and Wounded, I got Kinsmen and Lucifer's Lottery. These are always a great deal.

  2. #2042
    Slightly off Kilter 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,805
    Rep Power
    55
    I rarely do the grab-bag thing anymore, it just never worls out for me finanically. Good books, but not ones I'm interested in. I'm happy for the folks who get good deals, but i'd rather apply my cash to titles I'll be excited to get.
    Mike

  3. #2043
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    3,153
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    I rarely do the grab-bag thing anymore, it just never worls out for me finanically. Good books, but not ones I'm interested in. I'm happy for the folks who get good deals, but i'd rather apply my cash to titles I'll be excited to get.
    Mike
    I agree most of the time, though some specific grab bags I may jump on, like another Stephen King one, or an ARC one.

  4. #2044
    Member Part-timer racerx45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    I agree most of the time, though some specific grab bags I may jump on, like another Stephen King one, or an ARC one.
    I would love to have another ultimate SK grab bag!
    “Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.”
    — Roland Deschain
    Wanted
    The following Cemetery Dance ARC: Full Dark, No Stars, Doctor Sleep

  5. #2045
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Mike88's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Illinois/Wisconson border Illinois side
    Posts
    143
    Rep Power
    9
    Bookworm, That is an awesome pic. That is a bodacious set up. sorry I just watched Bill and teds excellant adventure. Truly though I really like it. cogratulatioms/

  6. #2046
    Slightly off Kilter 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,805
    Rep Power
    55
    Thrift store buys at lunch today. The copy of Killer Angels is an Easton edition published in 1996. Hard to find and expensive.
    IMG_0434.jpgIMG_0433.jpg

  7. #2047
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication jhanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    714
    Rep Power
    10
    I love Drake's Hammer Slammers books!

    John

  8. #2048
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,520
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I love Drake's Hammer Slammers books!

    John
    I've had the Night Shade books collections for years now and have not read them. Gotta move them up on the list.

  9. #2049
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    3,153
    Rep Power
    15
    Only Drake I've read was a pastiche of Robert E. Howard Cormac Mac Art, great read. Not as good as the master himself though.

  10. #2050
    Slightly off Kilter 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,805
    Rep Power
    55
    I enjoy Drake. My two favorite books are From the Heart of Darkness, Tor 1983 and Balefires, Nightshade, 2007. Both are short story collections and contain some of his best work. There is some overlap between the collections, but they're both pretty affordable, so I would probably pick up both if you're interested in his work. His Vietnam horror, weird fiction really struck a chord with me when I first read him. He served with the 11th ACR in Vietnam and Cambodia and collaborated with Karl Edward Wagner on several projects.

  11. #2051
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication jhanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    714
    Rep Power
    10
    I served in Vietnam and have mild PTSD. I don't read (or watch movies) about Vietnam or any war. I end up with some nightmares at times.

    John

  12. #2052
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,520
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I served in Vietnam and have mild PTSD. I don't read (or watch movies) about Vietnam or any war. I end up with some nightmares at times.

    John

    John, thank you for your service and I am very very sorry for what you have to suffer due to it.

  13. #2053
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    3,153
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    I enjoy Drake. My two favorite books are From the Heart of Darkness, Tor 1983 and Balefires, Nightshade, 2007. Both are short story collections and contain some of his best work. There is some overlap between the collections, but they're both pretty affordable, so I would probably pick up both if you're interested in his work. His Vietnam horror, weird fiction really struck a chord with me when I first read him. He served with the 11th ACR in Vietnam and Cambodia and collaborated with Karl Edward Wagner on several projects.
    Interesting. Now that I think on it I'd read a couple other of his short stories in some anthologies, still have yet to read his horror work though. Thanks for the recommendation.

  14. #2054
    Slightly off Kilter 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,805
    Rep Power
    55
    IMG_0449.jpg
    Spent the day cleaning up a bookcase I found this weekend.

  15. #2055
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    3,153
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    IMG_0449.jpg
    Spent the day cleaning up a bookcase I found this weekend.
    Very nice!

  16. #2056
    Devourer of Worlds Hearing Voices TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greater Denver Area, Colorado
    Posts
    1,099
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    And lastly - while not a purchase, I still think it's something fun.

    This e-mail arrived this morning from someone we all might know:
    Attachment 16382

    YAY!
    Remember this?

    My book finally arrived today (UPS was delayed due to weather. The book was even returned to Brian once as well.)

    It is a PC signed copy of Doctor Sleep Such a beautiful edition! Thanks Cemetery Dance!!

  17. #2057
    Nothing to see here! Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,671
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Remember this?

    My book finally arrived today (UPS was delayed due to weather. The book was even returned to Brian once as well.)

    It is a PC signed copy of Doctor Sleep Such a beautiful edition! Thanks Cemetery Dance!!
    Fantastic addition, congratulations!

  18. #2058
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed William J. Grabowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northern West Virginia
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    8
    That would be a beauty!

  19. #2059
    Senior Member Get a Life, why don'tcha! bookworm 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Posts
    7,045
    Rep Power
    66
    Got my early readers books today. Nice selection. However I thought that there were 5 books in the grab bag. There were only 4. Not complaining because the titles were super. 2 already announced and 2 unannounced.....Well on unannounced an 1 that is available only in e-book. Very nice selection.

  20. #2060
    Senior Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour Plasticine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    7
    I decided to add some anthologies to my collection. My first few purchases have recently shown up.


















Similar Threads

  1. eBook Purchase/Download Help
    By Dan Hocker in forum eBook Projects
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-16-2013, 12:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •