Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HPIM1466.jpg
    My new epic fantasy add. Love Gemmell's stuff! Spotty at times but never dull. Hope everybody had a great thanksgiving and is enjoying a festive Holiday Season!
    MDH

Comment

Looks great, Mike! Congratz.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Yup very cool!

Comment

Stopped by a local Goodwill second hand store, that has a Goodwill bookstore too - grabbed a nice HC copy of The Road by McCarthy, Raymond Khoury's The Last Templar, and The Revelation by Little. Last two are PBs.

Comment

Picked up one of my 'holy grails' today - a complete run, 22 volumes, of Daw's 'The Years Best Horror Stories'. These were paperback originals, and ran from 1971-1994. Most were edited by Karl Edward Wagner. All are in at least 'fine' condition, most are 'fine/unread'. I'd just about given up finding them in one lot, in this good condition.
            Will post pics when they arrive, probably after Christmas.

Comment

Very nice, Lincoln! Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations! looking forward to seeing pictures.
                Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
                Picked up one of my 'holy grails' today - a complete run, 22 volumes, of Daw's 'The Years Best Horror Stories'. These were paperback originals, and ran from 1971-1994. Most were edited by Karl Edward Wagner. All are in at least 'fine' condition, most are 'fine/unread'. I'd just about given up finding them in one lot, in this good condition.
                Will post pics when they arrive, probably after Christmas.

Comment

Wow! Great catch! I love the old DAW pbs.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I saw that Centipede Press was publishing John Farris's All Heads Turn When the Hunt Goes By. Wasn't familiar with the book, but what a title, so I wasn't willing to drop big bucks on it. However, I was interested enough to go out and buy a nice HC on ABE. Great condition! So now I have some New Year reading to look forward to. Have a great weekend all!
                    HPIM1468.jpg

Comment

Nice Farris! I recently picked up the paperback from an used bookstore. Definitely not as nice as your HC. I've been debating heavily on the Centipede version, but I'm probably going to hold off. They're going to be putting out Straub's Julia and a Master of the Weird Tale volume showcasing David Case that I'd rather have.

Comment

Great catch, Mike. And you're right, a great title!
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Thanks! And I know what you mean Sock M. They have some things coming out that I already know I want. They're going to reprint all of the Karl Edward Wagner Kane Novels and Short Stories. I'll be on board for that. Mr Boone, Have You read the Kane books?
                          Mike

Comment

Holy shit! I am so on board for that. I absolutely love KEW's Kane stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                              Holy shit! I am so on board for that. I absolutely love KEW's Kane stories.
                              I know, love those stories. Did you get the Nightshade books?
                              Mike

Comment

No, I just have the paperbacks, but they're good enough. For now

Comment

Working...
                                X