Page 202 of 202 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202
Results 4,021 to 4,039 of 4039

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    And lastly, a couple of quick pics of the interior illustrations by David Ho, which are beautiful. Overall, it's a gorgeous edition.
    63B0E4CA-0DCA-4705-BF0D-47E1A4536B4B.jpeg7CFA7ED2-1291-4096-8CBE-479AD7866C98.jpeg

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Every time I skip a Centipede Press book because I decide “it’s just not my thing“, like this one, I always regret it. Every single damn time. What an incredibly beautiful and rich production.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Uh oh, I see a blemish. No, no, it's not a piece of fuzz that can be easily wiped off. The book is now worthless. I'll do you a solid and take it off your hands for the cost of shipping.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    I'm waiting for Dune!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    I'm waiting for Dune!
    Me too, but Jerad said it’s going to be $400 and I don’t know if I can swing that, especially with the upcoming next edition of Ender.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Hmm, hadn’t heard the price was set(ish). That’s a bit higher than I’d hoped. :-/

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Hmm, hadn’t heard the price was set(ish). That’s a bit higher than I’d hoped. :-/
    I expected a premium price, but this might be too rich for me. (Jerad told me price in an email when I expressed interest in a possible unsigned version.)

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Every time I skip a Centipede Press book because I decide “it’s just not my thing“, like this one, I always regret it. Every single damn time. What an incredibly beautiful and rich production.
    Me too! That’s why I just opted to become a subscriber. It hits the wallet pretty hard, but there’s never a worry of missing out and/or talking myself out of a book.

Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    Uh oh, I see a blemish. No, no, it's not a piece of fuzz that can be easily wiped off. The book is now worthless. I'll do you a solid and take it off your hands for the cost of shipping.
    Good looking out! I knew you had my back.

Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    I'm waiting for Dune!
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Me too, but Jerad said itís going to be $400 and I donít know if I can swing that, especially with the upcoming next edition of Ender.
    Ouch. Thatís gonna be hard to swallow so soon after HILL HOUSE. And I canít miss out on the next Ender book.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    I managed to grab a copy of the The Shining from The Folio Society signed by Stephen King in that weird sale they had a few weeks ago. First signed King.

IMG_20191119_070431.jpg
    IMG_20191119_070457.jpg

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by khaos View Post
    I managed to grab a copy of the The Shining from The Folio Society signed by Stephen King in that weird sale they had a few weeks ago. First signed King.
    Gorgeous book! Congrats on the nice acquisition and your first signed King!

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Very nice, congratulations!

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Congrats!

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Just received my copy of Jeff Vandermeer's "Dead Astronauts". Did anyone else pick this one up? Would love to hear what you think of its presentation. I love how colorful the book cover is and love how colorful the book boards are themselves. Also loved the story being stamped into the book itself like his previous novel "Of Cities Saints & Madmen". All that being said, I hate how small the book size is. It looks tiny next to "standard" size novels. Feels like they traded size for color. While this will make a good reading copy, I'm really hoping someone does a limited!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Just received my copy of Jeff Vandermeer's "Dead Astronauts". Did anyone else pick this one up? Would love to hear what you think of its presentation. I love how colorful the book cover is and love how colorful the book boards are themselves. Also loved the story being stamped into the book itself like his previous novel "Of Cities Saints & Madmen". All that being said, I hate how small the book size is. It looks tiny next to "standard" size novels. Feels like they traded size for color. While this will make a good reading copy, I'm really hoping someone does a limited!
    Well buck up, because SubPress Willy told me that he's doing an edition of DEAD ASTRONAUTS. Which almost made me cancel my Amazon order. But I am so glad I didn't because this is a beautiful trade edition. Obviously the materials used aren't that great (the paper quality for one) but they really went all out on the design. I love it. I don't mind the size at all.

Though it does bother me that it says DEAD JEFF on the spine.

Thanks for that info Jeff! That's awesome news as I was really hoping there would be a limited. I know his last few books were released as limited editions, but I didn't want to assume that this one would be as well as some of his earlier novels don't have a corresponding limited edition yet. On that note, I would kill for a limited edition of "Cities of Saints and Madmen"

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Thanks for that info Jeff! That's awesome news as I was really hoping there would be a limited. I know his last few books were released as limited editions, but I didn't want to assume that this one would be as well as some of his earlier novels don't have a corresponding limited edition yet. On that note, I would kill for a limited edition of "Cities of Saints and Madmen"
    I would be up for that as well. I have Finch but I haven't read it yet. I'll probably read Dead Astronauts before any of his other stuff. Because it's sitting there. Teasing me. Of course, I'll also buy the SubPress edition to match my Complete Borne number.

BTW: I saw that a lettered edition of Complete Borne sold on eBay for $152. A LETTERED edition. Letter UU. For $152. Why can't I ever stumble upon crazy deals like that????

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I would be up for that as well. I have Finch but I haven't read it yet. I'll probably read Dead Astronauts before any of his other stuff. Because it's sitting there. Teasing me. Of course, I'll also buy the SubPress edition to match my Complete Borne number.

BTW: I saw that a lettered edition of Complete Borne sold on eBay for $152. A LETTERED edition. Letter UU. For $152. Why can't I ever stumble upon crazy deals like that????
    Know Exactly what you mean! I am dying to find a hardcover of "Finch" and haven't been able to find one under $300.00. One day...