Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So this showed up today....

First of all, the quality is fantastic, and I couldn't believe how big it is! It just fits beside my CP edition of 'Salem's Lot, so that's good.

IMG_6108.jpg

Here's The Outsider for comparison.

IMG_6109.jpg

And then inside the case...

IMG_6110.jpg

And the silver coin with SK on one side and RC on the other.

IMG_6111.jpg

IMG_6112.jpg

Overall a very impressive package. Well done, Lonely Road Books!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
      So this showed up today....

First of all, the quality is fantastic, and I couldn't believe how big it is! It just fits beside my CP edition of 'Salem's Lot, so that's good.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21079[/ATTACH]

Here's The Outsider for comparison.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21080[/ATTACH]

And then inside the case...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21081[/ATTACH]

And the silver coin with SK on one side and RC on the other.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21082[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21083[/ATTACH]

Overall a very impressive package. Well done, Lonely Road Books!
      Congratulations! I don't even have a shipping notice for Gwendy yet. Looking forward to seeing that one in my home.

Comment

Congrats, Dave!

Comment

That’s a gorgeous edition! Congrats!

Comment

Found this and have really enjoyed it. Touchstone: A Tribute to Fritz Leiber And Ray Bradbury, The Mysterious Stranger Press, 1978. Written while both men were still alive and so were most of the contributors. A very poignant read, full of sweet remanences. Not much to look at, but full of love! If you like Bradbury and Leiber, this is a must for your collection.

Touchstone.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
              Found this and have really enjoyed it. Touchstone: A Tribute to Fritz Leiber And Ray Bradbury, The Mysterious Stranger Press, 1978. Written while both men were still alive and so were most of the contributors. A very poignant read, full of sweet remanences. Not much to look at, but full of love! If you like Bradbury and Leiber, this is a must for your collection.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21085[/ATTACH]
              I’m a fan of both men’s work, and am immensely envious of your find!
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Nice new adds! Keep em' coming.
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Just picked up the new S/L HC of Lansdale's DRIVING TO GERONIMO'S GRAVE (Subterranean Press, 2018). A number of these I've read previously in their original sources, but it'll be nice to have them all together in this attractive package...and I do think there is some original content and/or stuff I haven't yet read.

Comment

A 2 For 1 Lancer Books double (It's not a flipbook). First, The Naked Canvas by William Arnold and the second book is French Maid by Morton Cooper. I'm really digging these old vintage paperbacks. I considered starting a new thread - Post Your Latest Find.

Cap
                    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                      A 2 For 1 Lancer Books double (It's not a flipbook). First, The Naked Canvas by William Arnold and the second book is French Maid by Morton Cooper. I'm really digging these old vintage paperbacks. I considered starting a new thread - Post Your Latest Find.

Cap
                      Although I do not collect them I do love looking at classic paperback covers. Between you and Ron Clinton I think a thread of that would be fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        Although I do not collect them I do love looking at classic paperback covers. Between you and Ron Clinton I think a thread of that would be fantastic!
                        Vintage mystery/noir pbs are definitely my second book-love after horror S/L HCs and, recently, '80s and '90s vintage horror pbs...heck, sometimes they're neck-and-neck. There's a charm to those '40 - '60s vintage noir pbs that is both timeless and of-its-time, and hard to beat when you're in the mood for something stripped down (rarely run more than 150 pages) and unabashedly written to entertain and, in this day and age, give you a window to a time now all but gone. In fact, the author whose works I have most of -- hold on while I go count...okay, 83 books in all, more than all my Lansdales, Laymons, etc. -- is a vintage mystery/noir/sleaze author. Just like any genre, there'sa lot of dreck out there and you have to pan a lot of publishers' output for those nuggets of gold, but when you find them...wow, just great stuff, and a testament to the fact that quality (writing) endures and is timeless.

Comment

I have a quite a few of the old "Gold Key" authors that I look for. Of course, I'm a huge Raymond Chandler fan, Ross MacDonald, Lawrence Block, Eugene Izzi. I agree with you Ron, pot boilers are just fun.

Comment

I know I shouldn't do it and I'm trying to control my buying impulse. There is a 3 book lot on eBay, fantastic price, that I've been looking at for the past two days. I've got some vintage paperbacks in my room I haven't yet read. Vintage paperbacks are just so much fun for me to read and I really read them fast.

Cap
                            Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                              I have a quite a few of the old "Gold Key" authors that I look for. Of course, I'm a huge Raymond Chandler fan, Ross MacDonald, Lawrence Block, Eugene Izzi. I agree with you Ron, pot boilers are just fun.
                              Yeah, Gold Medal is one of my favorite publishers of that era (I think that's what you're referring to...?) as they tended to have an editorial slant and quality control that made their releases a bit more reliable. That said, they, like all publishers, had some definite misfires, but *in general* they tended to be pretty good, and I suspect I probably have more of that imprint than any other.

Comment

You know it's one helluva Good Day when you go out bookstore hopping because two of the larger used bookstores in your area are both having a 40% Off weekend sale....and then incredibly you find there (along with a few pbs) two signed/limited HCs that you've been wanting for quite some time (especially the Hautala), each still at cover price (but then minus the 40%)...and you have a $80 rebate Visa gift card in your wallet that covers the cost of all your books and leaves you just enough for a treat and drink at Starbuck's afterward.

Comment

Working...
                                X