No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, sorry srboone, I thought you were speaking to me. I see you were speaking to paperdragon. Pardon me.

But, thank you frik51. :-) I was very tickled to get the book.
    "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Great new stuff everybody.

Comment

Love the artwork!

And congrats Hedda on adding that hefty tome to your collection!

Comment

It's a great book, Hedda, regardless of the edition (I have a dinged copy to)!
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Great stuff everyone!!!

Comment

Ah so Paper Dragon san, now I know to whom the one missing SK calendar piece I was looking at went to --- so, what's your address again ????

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                Ah so Paper Dragon san, now I know to whom the one missing SK calendar piece I was looking at went to --- so, what's your address again ????
                I'll send you my address, but be careful or you'll end up in my "collection"
                If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Hedda, I went for a discounted "dinged" copy of "Knowing Darkness", too. And I can't find the flaws.
                  "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Mine are all on the bottom of the Slipcase.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I found 3 dings on my Knowing Darkness. One was kind of a bigger one and two were nothing, but to a collector, I'm sure a big no-no.

1. There was a crack on the inside of the slipcase, very small. Hate to mention it.
                      2. A little bit of dry glue just at the edge of the front cover of the book. Again, so tiny I hate to even mention it.
                      3. The bigger one was a fold on one of the pages affecting two pieces of artwork, front and back. Thankfully, the fold does not interfere with the main body of the art on front or back, and they were two pieces of art that I was least interested in. (I won't mention the artwork as I don't want to insult any artist. Don't get me wrong, beautiful artwork, just two that held less meaning to me.)

But, as I said, I was thrilled with my acquisition. For the price, I am so pleased. Personally, I think I got the better deal -- shhhhhh, don't tell CD.
                      Last edited by Hedda Gabler; 04-28-2012, 01:34 AM.
                      "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

For that much damage I wouldn't be happy.

Comment

Here's the extent of the damage to mine--all on the bottom of gthe slipcase.

DSCF1902.jpg
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Slipcase right?

Comment

Yeah. They book's fine.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I really shouldn't have even mentioned the first two. You can barely see these and you really have to look very close to even notice. I only mention them as I know collector's go over their's with an eagle eye, so I just did the same to see what I could see. The fold in the page is unfortunate, but, honestly, it doesn't take away from its value for me. It is a beautiful book.
                                Last edited by Hedda Gabler; 04-28-2012, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X