Page 130 of 202 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 4034

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

  1. #2581
    Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,096
    Rep Power
    9
    Received today! About 650 pages, good paper and binding, and outstanding stories with every last one a Hugo winner or Hugo nominated.

    Long sold out on Amazon, a very good copy with a slight tear is available on ebay for $150, a VG+ on Abe for $75, and a new copy on Abe for $600.

    Or, as I finally realized, straight from the publisher for $35.

    SAM_2211.jpg

    SAM_2206.jpg

    SAM_2207.jpg

    SAM_2215.jpg
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

    https://bugensbooks.com/

  2. #2582
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,618
    Rep Power
    54
    Very nice!

  3. #2583
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    3,153
    Rep Power
    14
    Nice grab!

  4. #2584
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TJCams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Windsor, ON
    Posts
    2,232
    Rep Power
    12
    Hmmm....sounds pretty interesting. Love it!

  5. #2585
    Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,096
    Rep Power
    9
    Thanks guys. I'd only read about 10 of these but looking forward to the rest. What I have read is excellent.
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

    https://bugensbooks.com/

  6. #2586
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,686
    Rep Power
    52
    Recent wins from a few HF auctions:

    HF Auction 1.jpg

  7. #2587
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    3,153
    Rep Power
    14
    Very nice! Is that the Revival copy with the Don Maitz Remarque?

  8. #2588
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    $40? Where are you?
    North of the border Canada. For whatever reason shipping from the UK to Canada is less expensive than just south of the border. Very frustrating when I see great deals but hampered by the high cost of shipping :/

  9. #2589
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Posts
    969
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Julzz View Post
    North of the border Canada. For whatever reason shipping from the UK to Canada is less expensive than just south of the border. Very frustrating when I see great deals but hampered by the high cost of shipping :/
    Yeah, that sucks. I've known people to have things sent General Delivery to a US post office and drive across the border to get them.

  10. #2590
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    Yeah, that sucks. I've known people to have things sent General Delivery to a US post office and drive across the border to get them.
    I have family in the states so I've had books delivered to their address but that would be a last resort as I might visit them once a year maybe once every 2 years. Sometimes I guess I just have to suck it up.

  11. #2591
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Merlin1958's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    210
    Rep Power
    9

  12. #2592
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,686
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Very nice! Is that the Revival copy with the Don Maitz Remarque?
    Thanks, Dan. Unfortunately no . Just a regular old 1st/1st but in great condition and a check off the old UK 1st/1st list .

  13. #2593
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,686
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Great piece. Hoping my Uncle Sam comes through for me soon! .

  14. #2594
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    3,153
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Thanks, Dan. Unfortunately no . Just a regular old 1st/1st but in great condition and a check off the old UK 1st/1st list .
    Nothing wrong with that!

  15. #2595
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,686
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Nothing wrong with that!
    No, Sir! A "Revival" is coming soon to my place. I'll post once the guest have arrived and have been properly seated .

  16. #2596
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greater Denver Area, Colorado
    Posts
    970
    Rep Power
    10
    My copy of the scratched and dented version of STINGER arrived today. Pretty much flawless. Hell, even the spine made a cracking noise when I opened it to put my Brodart cover one.

    Also picked up the 10th Anniversary Edition of The Book Thief. Never read it, did enjoy the movie (even if the narrator annoyed me,) and a good friend recommended it to me.

  17. #2597
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,619
    Rep Power
    14
    My copy of GONE GIRL arrived today. I posted my (mostly disappointed) thoughts in the GONE GIRL thread in the "Current CD Projects" board.

  18. #2598
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greater Denver Area, Colorado
    Posts
    970
    Rep Power
    10
    I was reading that. Makes me a little hesitant to get mine. Hmmmm.

    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    My copy of GONE GIRL arrived today. I posted my (mostly disappointed) thoughts in the GONE GIRL thread in the "Current CD Projects" board.

  19. #2599
    Senior Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour Plasticine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    6
    Picked up the Bloodletting Press edition of Brian Keene's Urban Gothic at a local bookstore.





















    While I love Keene, this is only my second limited edition. The after-market pricing for his limited stuff tends to flat-out insane, so I can't afford many of the editions I'd like (The Rising, chief among them). The other one I've snagged so far was Castaways, which is also a Bloodletting Press edition. Unlike that one, which was bound in burlap, their Urban Gothic is a much more traditional looking book. Leather bound, it's really quite gorgeous. The Alex McVey art is unique and disturbing. I just wish the binding was more cooperative, because I would have gladly taken pictures of more of it. Really great addition, and I'm super happy to add it to my Brian Keen collection.

  20. #2600
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,963
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasticine View Post
    Picked up the Bloodletting Press edition of Brian Keene's Urban Gothic at a local bookstore.





















    While I love Keene, this is only my second limited edition. The after-market pricing for his limited stuff tends to flat-out insane, so I can't afford many of the editions I'd like (The Rising, chief among them). The other one I've snagged so far was Castaways, which is also a Bloodletting Press edition. Unlike that one, which was bound in burlap, their Urban Gothic is a much more traditional looking book. Leather bound, it's really quite gorgeous. The Alex McVey art is unique and disturbing. I just wish the binding was more cooperative, because I would have gladly taken pictures of more of it. Really great addition, and I'm super happy to add it to my Brian Keen collection.
    That is a beautiful book, thanks for sharing. I may have too look for a copy.

Similar Threads

  1. eBook Purchase/Download Help
    By Dan Hocker in forum eBook Projects
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-16-2013, 01:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •