Page 184 of 185 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185 LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 3690

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Great additions!
    Thanks!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Brian861's Avatar
    That's some cool stuff, Jason. I see your a customer of Lone Star comics as well .

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    That's some cool stuff, Jason. I see your a customer of Lone Star comics as well .
    Thanks!

Yeah kind of by accident. They don’t call themselves that on eBay though. I’ve bought a number of things from them the last couple of years. They seem to have the best selection and great prices on all of those damn IDW alternate covers.

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Thanks!

Yeah kind of by accident. They don’t call themselves that on eBay though. I’ve bought a number of things from them the last couple of years. They seem to have the best selection and great prices on all of those damn IDW alternate covers.
    True on the variant covers because they know I buy everyone of them! If you go directly to their website, you can usually get the comics cheaper. I think they up the charge a bit on eBay to cover the cost. Their want list is also really handy over there as they'll shoot ya an email when something you want is in stock. Current comics I'm into are 30 Days of Night 2017, Sword of Ages, October Faction, The Crow, and The X-Files Florida Man.

The strangest thing is that I never read comics as a kid. I had to wait to nerd out when I got into my 40s

I've sold comics 3 or 4 times to My Comic Shop. I still have a few remaining that I'd like to see disappear. I have 2 1/2 boxes of comics plus trades and some hardcovers. ~Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

True on the variant covers because they know I buy everyone of them! If you go directly to their website, you can usually get the comics cheaper. I think they up the charge a bit on eBay to cover the cost. Their want list is also really handy over there as they'll shoot ya an email when something you want is in stock. Current comics I'm into are 30 Days of Night 2017, Sword of Ages, October Faction, The Crow, and The X-Files Florida Man.

The strangest thing is that I never read comics as a kid. I had to wait to nerd out when I got into my 40s
    I started reading and then collecting comics when I moved overseas in 1986. Actually, my first comic was GI Joe #38 - I signed up for a magazine subscription when I was in elementary school, and selected GI Joe because I knew the toys and cartoons. It's funny that I still remember this issue so vividly:
    joe38.jpg

And then my addiction continued. Bought them up until I had some financial decisions to make, and stopped reading/buying/being aware around 2003 or so? (I also lost my job so stuff had to be sold.)

Recently started revisiting series that I never finished (like Bone, and Strangers in Paradise,) and found some killer deals on books at Half Price Books for other series (like 100 Bullets and Y the Last Man.) My GF buys quite a few comics and I've told her a few times she reminds me of ME from the 90s - she needs all the variant covers to JEM and is buying issues of My Little Pony even though she has the trades. Yeah, her tastes run a bit different than mine.

I've tried finding some new series to read, and have had a hard time finding something. So far, I think my favorite of the new stuff is Paper Girls. Really enjoying that. Saga is around here somewhere too.

Nothing wrong with being nerdy in your 40s!

Senior Member Hearing Voices mhatchett's Avatar
    I gave up on comics when I was just a teenager, that's when it dawned on me how hyper-commercial the comic business was getting. I dabbled with the Warren publications for a few years, still have those and A few well loved series, surprisingly lots of Gold Key titles. Can't see myself drifting back. I wish everyone enjoyment in their pursuits though!!

Senior Member Totally Insane Martin's Avatar
    Unless you count Mad and Cracked I never read a comic until a few years ago. For what ever reason they simply did not interest me. The first time I am aware of picking up a comic was when Joe Jill began Locke and Key. I absolutely love that series and feels it is a better story being told in the comic format than it would be as a story alone. I also loved the serial elements and enjoyed stopping by a local comic store on release day to get the next issue. I can recall sitting in my car and reading the new issue before continuing the drive home. I tried to get into the Dark Tower comics and American Vampire but simply could not get into it. I would love to find another comic that hit me like Locke and Key but haven't found it yet.

Unless you count Mad and Cracked I never read a comic until a few years ago. For what ever reason they simply did not interest me. The first time I am aware of picking up a comic was when Joe Jill began Locke and Key. I absolutely love that series and feels it is a better story being told in the comic format than it would be as a story alone. I also loved the serial elements and enjoyed stopping by a local comic store on release day to get the next issue. I can recall sitting in my car and reading the new issue before continuing the drive home. I tried to get into the Dark Tower comics and American Vampire but simply could not get into it. I would love to find another comic that hit me like Locke and Key but haven't found it yet.
    I'm not sure the day will ever come that tops Locke & Key comic wise for me.

I'm not sure the day will ever come that tops Locke & Key comic wise for me.
    I am right there with you. I am hoping for something that excites me like Locke and Key did but that is indeed a high bar to set!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Arrived this weekend -- the First Edition Library edition of Bradbury's GOLDEN APPLES OF THE SUN...essentially an exact facsimile replica of the first edition and in slipcase. Not a 1st and not the Sub Press (slightly expanded?) 1st thus, but still a neat example.

Senior Member Hearing Voices mhatchett's Avatar
    Excellent!!

After finding The Case of the Winking Buddha by Manning Lee Stokes online I decided I wanted to read one of his regular novels so I ordered and just received yesterday The Grave's In The Meadow. I also received The Transfiguration Of Mr. Punch. TTOMP has a curious and cool cover. I think I'm going to enjoy reading this one.

Cap

Senior Member Inmate
    Just got the CD Artwork Grab Bag. Got the Shining Art Portfolio, Chadbourne signed print was one that had a bunch of Stephen King characters on it. Color signed print looks like Riding the Bullet. Poster was Black House, which was my only repeat. Plus a couple of dozen other prints. Very satisfied.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication jeffingoff's Avatar
    Thrift store find! First edition Leather Maiden by Joe R. Lansdale in great condition. I never shop at thrift stores but I think I might now. I paid $2.97 and saw copies of this book go as high as $3.99 on eBay! Score! Seriously, I'm so happy with this find. Have no idea if this is a good Lansdale book.

OUCH with the staple in the hand!
    LM1.jpg

She's got a beautiful spine!
    LM2.jpg

Deckled edges!
    LM3.jpg

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication jeffingoff's Avatar
    I forgot that all photos must be landscape. But I just remembered that I'm too goddamn lazy to retake the photos.

Nice find! I never shop at thriftstores either (I have a friend who buys a bunch of books there because like you said, $2/$3 is a bargain!)

I just got some new Lansdale yesterday - a first print of Space and Time's edition of Dead in the West that looks to be in perfect shape, plus new copies of Vanilla Ride (the spine on mine had a serious gangster lean,) and Bad Chili (with the publisher's "you should read this!" letter.)

Tonight, I scored big time (For me) when I found Dick Tracy: The Collins Casefiles Vol. 1 on eBay for $8.16. I've seen Vol. 1 elsewhere for close to double that price. For some reason, Vol. 1 is hard to find at a good price. I got Dick Tracy: The Collins Casefiles Vol. 3 at Half Price Books. I used their 20% discount code. I've seen Dick Tracy: The Collins Casefiles Vol. 4 mentioned--Nobody seems to have it in stock. I am wondering if Vol. 4 was ever published. Does anyone know how to check on this?

~Cap

Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    Tonight, I scored big time (For me) when I found Dick Tracy: The Collins Casefiles Vol. 1 on eBay for $8.16. I've seen Vol. 1 elsewhere for close to double that price. For some reason, Vol. 1 is hard to find at a good price. I got Dick Tracy: The Collins Casefiles Vol. 3 at Half Price Books. I used their 20% discount code. I've seen Dick Tracy: The Collins Casefiles Vol. 4 mentioned--Nobody seems to have it in stock. I am wondering if Vol. 4 was ever published. Does anyone know how to check on this?

~Cap
    Congratulations! Here is what I found online regarding Volume 4:

"Dick Tracy: The Collins Casefiles Vol. 4 was planned to be the fourth book in a series of collections of the Dick Tracy comic strip published by the Checker Book Publishing Group.
    It was to feature stories written by Max Allan Collins (hence the title) with art by Rick Fletcher.
    Presuming that it followed the format of the 3 previous volumes, the book would have included the storyline of B.U. Tiffil, then Ownley Chylde, and part of the Dick Tracy 50th Anniversary storyline.
    Artwork was commissioned for the book's cover, but the book has not been published and there are apparently no immediate plans to produce it."

Source: http://dicktracy.wikia.com/wiki/Dick...sefiles_Vol._4

As I suspected. Thanks for the info. Martin. ~Cap

Congratulations! Here is what I found online regarding Volume 4:

"Dick Tracy: The Collins Casefiles Vol. 4 was planned to be the fourth book in a series of collections of the Dick Tracy comic strip published by the Checker Book Publishing Group.
    It was to feature stories written by Max Allan Collins (hence the title) with art by Rick Fletcher.
    Presuming that it followed the format of the 3 previous volumes, the book would have included the storyline of B.U. Tiffil, then Ownley Chylde, and part of the Dick Tracy 50th Anniversary storyline.
    Artwork was commissioned for the book's cover, but the book has not been published and there are apparently no immediate plans to produce it."

Source: http://dicktracy.wikia.com/wiki/Dick...sefiles_Vol._4