DSCN0130.jpg

DSCN0131.jpg

DSCN0132.jpg

DSCN0133.jpg

DSCN0134.jpg
    Attached Files

Comment

And a little more Shining

Just trying to show all the illustrations.

DSCN0135.jpg

DSCN0136.jpg

DSCN0137.jpg

DSCN0138.jpg
      Attached Files

Comment

Absolutely love it! Thanks for taking the pictures.

Comment

Very nice, thank you!
          “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
          -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

I am trying to not buy this. Your photos are not helping me. Looks like a very nice book, thanks for showing the images. For those like me who are debating it does appear that Folio Society has a discount code 'PT10' that will take 10% off the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              I am trying to not buy this. Your photos are not helping me. Looks like a very nice book, thanks for showing the images. For those like me who are debating it does appear that Folio Society has a discount code 'PT10' that will take 10% off the price.
              I am, too -- but those photos are making it tough. It's a far more impressive book than I'd thought it'd be. But between the Sub Press HC and now the CD edition (that I'm also trying to steer clear of since I have the Sub Press volume), it's truly a book I don't need. And yet, and yet...
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                I am, too -- but those photos are making it tough. It's a far more impressive book than I'd thought it'd be. But between the Sub Press HC and now the CD edition (that I'm also trying to steer clear of since I have the Sub Press volume), it's truly a book I don't need. And yet, and yet...
                I'm in the same boat as both of you guys. Thanks, Dave! lol. It really is a very nice looking book. It's getting a lot of play as well over on the TDT forum. I've read that there are issues with the slipcases arriving with bumped corners and that Folio is replacing them without requesting a return. If you guys aren't looking for a perfect copy; I'm thinking some damaged ones will probably start to show up on the aftermarket soon.

Comment

The other nice thing about buying the book is that it gives you a chance to win a signed copy. That would be nice!
                  Last edited by Dave1442397; 05-27-2016, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know how many copies of the Folio Society's Shinning they're printing?
                    “In every grain of wheat there lies hidden the soul of a star.”

Comment

Completely off topic. Ron are you going to make it to Powell's tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                        The other nice thing about buying the book is that it gives you a chance to win a signed copy. That would be nice!
                        I entered the freebie drawing.

Not really, Martin. I'm sure a purchase will be made there .

Comment

Funny you should ask...I was halfway there today -- in Napavine, by the Uncle Sam billboard -- when my dog that I took along as a lark became ill with intestinal issues. Cleaned it up, but then had to turn around and go back home as it seemed to be a persistent condition. She's better now, but it aborted my trip today. Am debating whether or not to head out again tomorrow morning (and the dog stays home with my wife and kids this time). It's 50/50 right now. What's your guess on Memorial Day traffic on Saturday...it was brutal today, heading south, but not sure if it'll be repeated tomorrow or if most travelers got an early Friday start and tomorrow will be smooth sailing...
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Funny you should ask...I was halfway there today -- in Napavine, by the Uncle Sam billboard -- when my dog that I took along as a lark became ill with intestinal issues. Cleaned it up, but then had to turn around and go back home as it seemed to be a persistent condition. She's better now, but it aborted my trip today. Am debating whether or not to head out again tomorrow morning (and the dog stays home with my wife and kids this time). It's 50/50 right now. What's your guess on Memorial Day traffic on Saturday...it was brutal today, heading south, but not sure if it'll be repeated tomorrow or if most travelers got an early Friday start and tomorrow will be smooth sailing...
                            Bummer man. Hope your dog is doing better. I would guess traffic would be much lighter Saturday than Friday, assuming people left Friday to get to their destinations. With that said I have gotten stuck in that I5 corridor at some times when I did not expect it..

Comment

I am trying to not buy this. Your photos are not helping me. Looks like a very nice book, thanks for showing the images.
                              +1
                              Thanks for posting the illustrations, Dave.
                              Hope I can resist the temptation.

sk

Comment

I figured I might push some of you off the fence I had bought my first two Folio Society books last month, so I knew The Shining would be a quality book. I'm glad I bought it.

Comment

Working...
                                X