Page 131 of 200 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 3987

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    It's not a book, but if anybody in the world will appreciate this as much as I do, it will be people on this forum. I spent the weekend in Tokyo and came across this little gem in the back of a display case in a memorabilia/old toy sort of shop. The last thing I would have ever expected to come across. I have no idea where it came from or anything, but it is heavy, made of metal, and quite cool. There was also a cheaper one signed by some of the cast members on a big plastic base that said Phantasm 3, but it was pretty cheap looking and unruly.
    IMG_0153.jpg

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jigertz View Post
    It's not a book, but if anybody in the world will appreciate this as much as I do, it will be people on this forum. I spent the weekend in Tokyo and came across this little gem in the back of a display case in a memorabilia/old toy sort of shop. The last thing I would have ever expected to come across. I have no idea where it came from or anything, but it is heavy, made of metal, and quite cool. There was also a cheaper one signed by some of the cast members on a big plastic base that said Phantasm 3, but it was pretty cheap looking and unruly.
    IMG_0153.jpg
    Very cool!

Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    Yeah, that's sweet
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Nice pick!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Where do you people live that you can find limited editions like that in used book stores?

Argh, I hate this area.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Great Movie, great find!

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    The first Phantasm is a favourite of mine. Great grab!

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    IMG_0153.jpg
    Oh man, that just freaking rocks!

Junior Member Visitor
    Sweet find...I got the DVD 'box' set, but that's frekin' awesome!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    That's really cool! I don't think I've ever actually seen the movie. I remember trying to watch it once, but it turned out to be "edited for TV", which made me switch it off right away.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed paperdragon's Avatar
    That sphere rocks!!
    If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Picked up these reading copies at a few local bookstores today. Haven't read any of them but I loved the movie Ghost Story and have always wanted to read the book. I lost my reading copy of The Talisman somewhere a long the way in life. This old boy looks like it's been around the block a time or two. I wonder the stories it would tell about its readers..... Also picked up an As New copy of Revival 1st/1st that looked better than mine!

Misc. Book Pics.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Picked up these reading copies at a few local bookstores today. Haven't read any of them but I loved the movie Ghost Story and have always wanted to read the book. I lost my reading copy of The Talisman somewhere a long the way in life. This old boy looks like it's been around the block a time or two. I wonder the stories it would tell about its readers..... Also picked up an As New copy of Revival 1st/1st that looked better than mine!

Misc. Book Pics.jpg
    I completely agree that the movie Ghost Story is a great one and I try to watch it each year. However the book has so much more depth that it is hard to compare them. You are in for a treat with a first reading of Ghost Story! After that you should pick up Peter Straub's Lost Boy:Lost Girl which is Peter Straub's best Ghost Story.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I completely agree that the movie Ghost Story is a great one and I try to watch it each year. However the book has so much more depth that it is hard to compare them. You are in for a treat with a first reading of Ghost Story! After that you should pick up Peter Straub's Lost Boy:Lost Girl which is Peter Straub's best Ghost Story.
    Thanks, Martin for the suggestion. One of the stores had Lost Boy:Lost Girl right next to Ghost Story, but never having read anything by Straub, I didn't pick it up. I'll try and return next week to do that.

Good tip Martin, I haven't read Lost Boy:Lost Girl either but am a big fan of Ghost Story. It was one of my earlier challenging reads in horror and helped open me up to what was possible. He's right, Brian, you're in for something special. I've got the Ghost Story movie and have been meaning to watch it but my reading pile keeps taking over. Martin's comment will help me get to it.
    -John Barth

Well, you guys have me very intrigued about this book now! Might have just moved it up to the top of my list!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    I showed off a couple of cool Jason Gurley (Eleanor, did the artwork for Sub Press's Wool trilogy) signed book that I got a few weeks ago. This week I acquired two new cool items.

First up is the UK edition of Eleanor. Yeah, I might own this book a handful of times already, but the cover's artwork was too beautiful to pass up:

eleanor_UK.jpg

And now what is possibly the jewel of my book collection. Is this better than my Jim Lee doodle of Elvis? My various Neil Gaiman doodles? Even my signed Doctor Sleep (thank you CD!)? Quite possibly.

Jason had a contest to win an edition of Eleanor that he painted a beautiful watercolor painting on the book's boards. I entered the contest and then also asked my girlfriend to as well. She promptly asked her best friend and her sister-in-law to enter as well. Why not?

Well, long story short - I didn't win. My her friend did!

Complete Eleanor.jpg

I'm pretty stoked about this. Too bad the painting is hidden under the book's jacket . . .

Nice, what a sweet collectible! And LOVE that cover art too.
    -John Barth

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Merlin1958's Avatar
    Very, verynice and "sharp" acquisitions my friends!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I showed off a couple of cool Jason Gurley (Eleanor, did the artwork for Sub Press's Wool trilogy) signed book that I got a few weeks ago. This week I acquired two new cool items.

First up is the UK edition of Eleanor. Yeah, I might own this book a handful of times already, but the cover's artwork was too beautiful to pass up:

eleanor_UK.jpg

And now what is possibly the jewel of my book collection. Is this better than my Jim Lee doodle of Elvis? My various Neil Gaiman doodles? Even my signed Doctor Sleep (thank you CD!)? Quite possibly.

Jason had a contest to win an edition of Eleanor that he painted a beautiful watercolor painting on the book's boards. I entered the contest and then also asked my girlfriend to as well. She promptly asked her best friend and her sister-in-law to enter as well. Why not?

Well, long story short - I didn't win. My her friend did!

Complete Eleanor.jpg

I'm pretty stoked about this. Too bad the painting is hidden under the book's jacket . . .
    Congratulations, very nice addition!