Page 109 of 205 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 4098

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln View Post
    Latest purchase, arrived yesterday. Really like the dj art on this one.

Attachment 16757

Attachment 16758

Attachment 16759
    Killer add!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Another thrift store run yesterday. Lots of good military history! Have a great weekend all!
    Mike
    IMG_0503.jpg

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TJCams's Avatar
    Love the finds at the thrift stores/used shops....

I'll be stopping at some point this weekend and see what I can find.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication jhanic's Avatar
    Just got it! Other than the crease on the front cover, it's immaculate:

John

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly frik51's Avatar
    very nice, John.
    I bet that one didn't come cheap!

sk

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication jhanic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frik51 View Post
    very nice, John.
    I bet that one didn't come cheap!

sk
    You got that right! But I didn't pay that much given the condition.

John

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    My pre-ordered signed copy of Neal Stephenson's Seveneves arrived today! It's next on the reading pile once I'm done with The Deep, by Nick Cutter.

P1020639.jpg

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Just got it! Other than the crease on the front cover, it's immaculate:

John
    Fantastic addition!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    I picked this one up as well; received it a few weeks ago. I've never read this infamous work, so this'll be a nice way to (carefully) read it for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Julzz View Post
    Received my signed copy of American Psycho from Easton Press. Can't wait to read it, there are no illustrations, but overall I'm pretty excited.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Just received a copy of Floating Dragon. I've never read it so I'm really looking forward to it. It's a nice book CD really did a nice job with this. Also picked up Daemonologie of King James.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Just received a copy of Floating Dragon. I've never read it so I'm really looking forward to it. It's a nice book CD really did a nice job with this. Also picked up Daemonologie of King James.

Nice adds. I'm still kicking myself for not picking up a lettered edition of Floating Dragon when it was announced. It's a great book so count me as jealous! ☺

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Very nice grabs Julzz!

Thanks guys. But now I'm really falling behind on my TBR pile. I do really admire everyone's collections in the other thread. Had me drooling on some of the books you guys have.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar

Very nice!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Today I was greeted by a very strange - but somehow official - looking package.
    IMG_7226.JPG

It could have only been one thing - my fancy Folio Society edition of Dune!
    IMG_7227.JPG

(I'm assuming that I somehow got a 1st edition since there is no edition number on the copyright page.)

It's a pretty nice looking book and I love the work. I'm not certain if it's worth the price being charged, but hey, it's only money. (Besides, I've purchased 5 covers of the new Jem comic for the girlfriend, so it balances out, right?)

Congrats on the purchase of Dune. It's one of my favourites. I own several books from Folio and a couple of their "Fine" editions as well as several of their LE's and they are all top quality made from the best materials IMO. Their customer service is impeccable. Did you also get a poster with this? For me the price is too high (maybe due to the Herbert estate) so I'll wait until it goes on sale or maybe obtain it through the secondary market. Although I am still tempted to get this and they just came out with A Wrinkle In Time with an introductory price of 10% off so who knows, might just do a payment plan or something lol.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar

Cool

Congrats on the purchase of Dune. It's one of my favourites. I own several books from Folio and a couple of their "Fine" editions as well as several of their LE's and they are all top quality made from the best materials IMO. Their customer service is impeccable. Did you also get a poster with this? For me the price is too high (maybe due to the Herbert estate) so I'll wait until it goes on sale or maybe obtain it through the secondary market. Although I am still tempted to get this and they just came out with A Wrinkle In Time with an introductory price of 10% off so who knows, might just do a payment plan or something lol.
    This was my first Folio edition book. There are few others that I would like to own, but they aren't must haves.

I did get the poster! I actually thought that they had forgot about it (and I thought what the posted was packed in was just a spacer chunk of cardboard - nope) but they packed it. Glad I didn't freak out. The GF loved the bonus free journal and note cards (I asked if she wanted them when I ordered the book and she wasn't too impressed and said she would pass. But she still took them.)

Here's something that I picked up today - not books but equally fun (and hopefully books won't become as rare and/or niche as these) - while camping last weekend, I got to talking with a friend of a friend and somehow we got onto the subject of LaserDiscs (anyone else remember these?) Long story short, I was offered of these for free which I picked up this morning:

lds.jpg
    There are approximately 120 movies; some I already own, but most I don't. And they all seem to be in pretty great condition.

ld_player.jpg
    Plus he gave me a player which I just fired up to see if it even works. Which it does AND it's a double sided player too - that was a surprise. You kids and your DVDs and Blurays don't know how good you have it.

Junior Member Visitor
    Nice, I ordered the Folio Dune as well and also received the poster.
    I'm a sucker for any nice editions of Dune and thought they did a great job with this one. It's nice to see some new artwork for a change.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    I've never read DUNE but have intended to for a very long time...am thinking about picking up the B&N leatherette edition...perhaps not quite as nice as the Folio edition (which I did give some thought to) but still nice, I think, and considerably cheaper.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Dune is one of my favorite books. Not a fan of the "series", I really think it was meant to be a stand alone. The 2nd and 3rd were OK, Dune Messiah, Children of Dune, but neither had the punch, the thrill of Dune. I re-read every few years. Dune, The Stars my Destination, Starship Troopers, these titles set the bar for Science Fiction for me anyway. Great Book, enjoy it!