Page 123 of 200 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 3987

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed William J. Grabowski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    And last but not least - also from PS Publishing - the anniversary edition of Harlan Ellison's Ellison in Wonderland.

I think I've mentioned this waaaaay earlier in this thread, but Ellison has always been an author that my life has crossed with, but one that I never read. I still remember watching a documentary on comic books (Comic Book Confidential?) and there was this guy bragging how everyone was his good friend. My friends at I laughed at that because who was this Harlan Ellison guy.

As I got older, I realized that he wasn't humble-bragging - he truly was a good friend with basically everyone. And that "everyone" included artists and writers and musicians and actors - lots of different people who have become parts of what makes me me.

But I still never read anything he wrote. I managed to a get a copy of the trade version of Top of the Volanco (lovely collection by Sub Press and a great introduction to Ellison's writing) so I was finally able to read something he wrote. And since then, I've been casually grabbing signed copies from eBay and random reading copies of other collections at book stores.

When PS Publishing mentioned doing an anniversary edition of Ellison in Wonderland, I was interested, but afraid that the short print run (200 signed copies) would make it impossible (or just extremely difficult to acquire,) but I was ultimately able to get one directly from PS. (Although, this is more of a definitive edition and less of an anniversary edition.)

The signed version is slipcased and included a bonus book called Pebbles from the Mountain.

Attachment 17527
    Pebbles on the left, Wonderland on the right, and the illustrated slipcase in the middle for both books.

Attachment 17528 Attachment 17529
    The signature sheet, and the table of contents from Pebble . . .

Attachment 17530 Attachment 17531
    The two pages of table of contents from Wonderland.

Attachment 17532
    Foldout pages are hard to photograph - but in the middle of Wonderland, is an eight-panel foldout featuring covers from different editions of Ellison in Wonderland.
    Wow! Beautiful editions. Especially the Ellison.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed William J. Grabowski's Avatar
    Superb! I twice interviewed Rick McCammon way back in the mid-80s for The Horror Show magazine. Still one of the nicest guys on Earth. Thanks for showing these.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Here's mine. I also received a copy in a grab bag but gifted it to my best friend since jr. high whom I suckered into the series

The Dark Tower Companion A.jpgThe Dark Tower Companion B.jpg
    The Dark Tower Companion C.jpg

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    I still haven't received my Companion yet. I thought that North Carolina ate it, but the tracking number finally showed proof of life and I should have it today.

I know I'll end up with a duplicate of this one or the Robin Firth one, I'm just not sure which. Still unsure of what I'll do with my duplicate copy. I only know one other person who reads King and I don't know if she ever read the copy of The Gunslinger that I made her buy or if she would even appreciate one of these reference books.

Cool! I haven't interviewed anyone (I was interviewed in an Oregon paper about running Hood to Coast - not the same thing.)

I'm glad I finally "discovered" McCammon last year.

Quote Originally Posted by William J. Grabowski View Post
    Superb! I twice interviewed Rick McCammon way back in the mid-80s for The Horror Show magazine. Still one of the nicest guys on Earth. Thanks for showing these.

I still haven't received my Companion yet. I thought that North Carolina ate it, but the tracking number finally showed proof of life and I should have it today.

I know I'll end up with a duplicate of this one or the Robin Firth one, I'm just not sure which. Still unsure of what I'll do with my duplicate copy. I only know one other person who reads King and I don't know if she ever read the copy of The Gunslinger that I made her buy or if she would even appreciate one of these reference books.
    I had an order from Camelot get stuck in a void in KC for about 3 weeks late last year. Kim finally had to call and they managed to find it after a couple days and I eventually got it in good order. What made it for frustrating was I could have taken a half day drive up and back to get it! LOL.

I also have Furth's book on order. I'm wondering now if two books will be information overkill regarding the series but I wanted it all the same for my collection. Just browsing through Vincent's book early this morning, it seemed pretty interesting. I like history and to me anyway, these books seem like a bit of that. A history lesson of the series.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Just picked up William V. Rauscher’s , Pleasant Nightmares: Dr. Neff and His Madhouse of Mystery. I bought this because I read a great article in Weird Fiction Review # 6, Bill Wallace’s “Spook Shows: A Tribute”. I was intrigued, because I remember these shows when I was a kid. I never got to go to one, because I was too young, but I remember the posters around town and the scary radio ads. Also, if you read Laymon’s Traveling Vampire Show, well here it is in real life, minus the vampire. Wallace mentioned Ghostmasters by Mark Walker, but I picked this one up because it’s a little more substanical, I’ll probably get Walker’s book if I find a good deal. Flipped through Dr. Neff and it looks very, very interesting. Have a great weekend all!
    Mike

IMG_0608.jpg

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly frik51's Avatar

Like it very much!!!!

sk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    ^Outstanding Siep!

Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    Just picked up William V. Rauscher’s , Pleasant Nightmares: Dr. Neff and His Madhouse of Mystery. I bought this because I read a great article in Weird Fiction Review # 6, Bill Wallace’s “Spook Shows: A Tribute”. I was intrigued, because I remember these shows when I was a kid. I never got to go to one, because I was too young, but I remember the posters around town and the scary radio ads. Also, if you read Laymon’s Traveling Vampire Show, well here it is in real life, minus the vampire. Wallace mentioned Ghostmasters by Mark Walker, but I picked this one up because it’s a little more substanical, I’ll probably get Walker’s book if I find a good deal. Flipped through Dr. Neff and it looks very, very interesting. Have a great weekend all!
    Mike

IMG_0608.jpg
    Very interesting. I loved Travelling Vampire Show, so you've definitely peaked my interest!

Senior Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour Plasticine's Avatar
    That edition of Thinner looks really nice.

My first new addition of the year arrived a few days ago. Thought I'd finally get around to taking some pictures. I'm starting the year off, the same way I ended last year. Another addition to my Caitlin R. Kiernan collection; the Subterranean Press edition of Alabaster.

I've wanted this book since I started collecting. Unfortunately the prices have always been insane, even for the trade edition. Last year Dark Horse put out an affordable trade paperback edition of this collection, which includes a new short story. I bought it, but hoped its release would eventually drive down the market for this book. (The stories have never been collected elsewhere, and no E-book edition was released previously). Well, my wish was partially granted. The limited remains sky high, but the trade edition dropped to under $100. I found this one for $50, and feel it's totally worth it.

This is a beautiful book that was put together with a lot of thought and care. The all white cloth binding and end papers go nicely with the main character, who is an albino. The black and white artwork throughout is simply gorgeous and looks fabulous on the paper. Just a wonderful book that I'm glad to finally add to my Kiernan collection.

Both really nice adds, guys! Superb artwork ^^.

I still need to check out some of Kiernan's work, but that is an absolutely lovely edition!

All beautiful editions!

Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    A lot of love or hate with this book but I really dug it. The Scarlet Gospels came in yesterday and I'm a big fan of what Earthling did with it, including a slipcase straight from Lucifer's armor:

SAM_1474.JPG

SAM_1482.JPG

SAM_1484.JPG

SAM_1485.JPG

SAM_1486.JPG

Matching #33:
    SAM_1477.JPG
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Wow! So many awesome additions! The lettered Thinner is really impressive.

Plasticine, love the Kiernan book. I've had my eye on getting a limited of that for awhile but I agree that copies are super-expensive. Congrats on finding a decent price on your copy!

Bugen, your pictures have me doubting my position on not getting a copy of The Scarlet Gospels. Such a great looking book! I'm fighting off the temptation as I'm seriously eyeing Earthling's edition of The Thicket by Lansdale.

Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    ...I'm seriously eyeing Earthling's edition of The Thicket by Lansdale.
    I really want that edition. Just can't pull the trigger on it especially since I know as soon as I do, Jerad will announce the next Ender book ... Or something else will pop up.

Of course, I really should concentrate on filling more of Lansdale collection out instead of buying fancy editions of books I already own.

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    instead of buying fancy editions of books I already own.
    Hey, I resemble that remark! ;-)

Killer Barker books Bugen!

FINALLY. My copy of the Companion arrived today.

First bad experience with Media Mail - it took 16 days to arrive, when it normally takes 7 at the most. The crazy part is that it sat in Federal Way (a mere 15 minutes away) for 8 days. Every day I checked the tracking number and every day the tracking info changed - it left Federal Way in the morning, and arrived back in the evening. For a week straight. Crazy.

But hey, it got here and it looks beautiful.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Just picked these two up. Love drive-ins, who doesn't right? Been looking for a reasonable copy of Subterranean's Fevre Dream for awhile. The art is cool, nice slipcase, Ebay comes through again. Have a great snow day, wherever you are.
    IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0612.jpg