No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of weeks ago, In Stock Trades was having an extra 3% off sale on DC books. Their current discount prices were 42% off cover price, so for that weekend only, they were now up to 45% off. I spent FAR MORE than I was planning on, but I was able to snag for of the Absolute editions, plus a ton of trades (I asked some fellow comics fans I knew on Twitter for recommendations.)

Today they arrived. Two GIANT HEAVY boxes full of four color goodness:

absolutes.jpg
    First the Absolute editions of Sandman: Overture, Batman: Year One, V For Vendetta, and Batman: The Long Halloween.

And then the pile of trades:
    comics.jpg
    Superman Last Son of Krypton*
    All-Star Superman*
    Superman For All Seasons*
    Superman Secret Identity
    The New Frontier
    Wonder Woman 1
    Wonder Woman 2
    Wonder Woman Rebirth 2
    Wonder Woman Rebirth 1
    Catwoman Trail of the Catwoman
    Batman Year One*
    Dark Night A True Batman Story
    Batman The Killing Joke
    Batman The Dark Knight Saga

*Also purchased for GF's brother for Christmas. He loves Superman and Batman, but has never read any of the comics before, so I tried to find a handful of "best" stories. Sadly The Dark Knight Returns is only available with The Dark Knight Strikes Back - I hope he can overlook that part)

Comment

Wow! Nice haul, Jason!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
        Wow! Nice haul, Jason!
        Thanks! It's quite an impressive amount of books. Add them to my last two shipments from them, and I have a mountain of books on the coffee table now. I probably should move them . ..

Comment

I've gotten some fun books this week (Dark Region's Bird Box, Suntup's Misery Artist Edition, the 10th Anniversary Tor collection, and the second and third Murderbot novellas,) but today brought an extra special delivery:

Raven Face.jpg
          The Ravens of Unresting Thought by Timothy Lantz

Inspired by the Native American mythology of the Pacific-Northwest, this story offers a fresh perspective on the tale, Raven Steals the Sun, the Moon and the Stars and imagines how the events in that story have impacted humanity since the time of the First People.

Combining prose and poetry with elements of a graphic novel, The Ravens of Unresting Thought features an array of artistic styles including traditional hand-drawn and painted illustrations alongside photography and digital mixed media work.

I've known Tim for close to 20 years now. We met on an old blogging site and shared quite a few interests, specifically comics and hard rock/metal music. I even met Tim in real life once so he's a real dude.

He does a lot of digital illustrations - book covers, trading cards, he's even designed a beer label for a beer that I made in his honor - Archeon's Stygian Darkness (an oak aged milk stout infused with absinthe.)

I've always tried supporting Tim and his art - I own a bunch of prints, he even thanks me in a tarot card set he designed (Archeon's Tarot). (I think my ex took my copy of my tarot cards . . .)

Anyways, he's been working on this new project for a couple of years now, and after a failed Kickstarter, he published it himself anyway. Once I found this out, I was chomping at the bit to get a copy, and today my copy finally arrived. I of course bought the extra special fancy edition, so it came with a bunch of extras like post cards, and signed/numbered prints, and a giclee print.

Raven 1.jpg

Raven 2.jpg

It's a beautiful book, and I'm so happy that he's finally been able to publish it - so I'm spreading the word - maybe this will strike some of your fancies and you'll get a copy for your collection too.

Comment

Cool looking book. It looks like it was a labor of love.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I'm not buying many collectible books these days so I'm excited to get this one in the mail. As a bonus they gave me my requested number!

KIMG0030.jpg

KIMG0032.jpg

Comment

Nice stuff, guys!

Comment

Thanks! I really loved Bird Box and I think DRP made a nice edition. I will check it out a little more this evening (with some candlelight and a nice Chianti) but I am initially pleased with the purchase.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                  Nice stuff, guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                    Thanks! I really loved Bird Box and I think DRP made a nice edition. I will check it out a little more this evening (with some candlelight and a nice Chianti) but I am initially pleased with the purchase.
                    Looks wonderful. Congrats on the number too. Was it packed well?

Comment

https://forum.cemeterydance.com/show...ll=1#post92411

Not sure if I did the link thingy right or not. Thanks by the way. The book production wise is okay but I do like the size and illustrations. To be clear I am not at all disappointed. I just don't think it's quite as nice as CDs editions at this price point. Plus I wish the author would have signed the books in lieu of initials or whatever that is...Just a nit picky thing on my part.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                      Looks wonderful. Congrats on the number too. Was it packed well?
                      Last edited by Ben Staad; 09-14-2018, 05:26 PM.

Comment

I don't remember who - but someone here posted about these books awhile back, and they definitely intrigued me. And I finally, FINALLY, broke down and bought them. And not only did I buy them, a buddy of mine I met through TDT told me about this omnibus edition, so I of course had to get one of those too.

First, here are the new paperback copies of Cixin Liu's (or Liu Cixin's) Remembrance of Earth's Past trilogy:
                        WNGM7171.JPG

I especially love the uniformed look - plus how well they match the omnibus edition:
                        IMG_6721.JPG IMG_6722.JPG IMG_6723.JPG

Sadly it came damaged, but based on quite a few things I've heard, that's almost to be expected from these UK bookstores that ship to the US. Why they haven't figured out how to use a proper box is beyond me.

I've been waiting quite a while for these books to arrive - they're next on to read list - so I've had to read some other books in the meantime. Of course, they day before these finally arrived, an eBook I requested my library to purchase was delivered to me, so I'm going to need to read that first.

Excited to finally read this series!

And thank you to whomever it was a while back that posted pictures of their signed editions. You've now cost me a few dollars. Like everyone else around here it seems, you punks.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                          I don't remember who - but someone here posted about these books awhile back, and they definitely intrigued me. And I finally, FINALLY, broke down and bought them. And not only did I buy them, a buddy of mine I met through TDT told me about this omnibus edition, so I of course had to get one of those too.

First, here are the new paperback copies of Cixin Liu's (or Liu Cixin's) Remembrance of Earth's Past trilogy:
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]21055[/ATTACH]

I especially love the uniformed look - plus how well they match the omnibus edition:
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]21056[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]21057[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]21058[/ATTACH]

Sadly it came damaged, but based on quite a few things I've heard, that's almost to be expected from these UK bookstores that ship to the US. Why they haven't figured out how to use a proper box is beyond me.

I've been waiting quite a while for these books to arrive - they're next on to read list - so I've had to read some other books in the meantime. Of course, they day before these finally arrived, an eBook I requested my library to purchase was delivered to me, so I'm going to need to read that first.

Excited to finally read this series!

And thank you to whomever it was a while back that posted pictures of their signed editions. You've now cost me a few dollars. Like everyone else around here it seems, you punks.
                          Gorgeous!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            Gorgeous!
                            Thanks!

Comment

Had a few signed/limiteds show up the last couple of weeks:

A LITTLE COBALT BOOK OF OLD BLUE STORIES...AND STUFF, by Mort Castle (Borderlands Press)

BRING HER BACK, Jeff Strand (Thunderstorm Books) -- was also generously gifted a couple other titles: THE CORPSE AND THE GIRL FROM MIAMI by John Urbancik and THE SPECIAL by James Newman & Mark Steensland

Picked up a number of other items from eBay and Half-Price Books as well, but the above are the genre limiteds.
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                                Had a few signed/limiteds show up the last couple of weeks:

A LITTLE COBALT BOOK OF OLD BLUE STORIES...AND STUFF, by Mort Castle (Borderlands Press)

BRING HER BACK, Jeff Strand (Thunderstorm Books) -- was also generously gifted a couple other titles: THE CORPSE AND THE GIRL FROM MIAMI by John Urbancik and THE SPECIAL by James Newman & Mark Steensland

Picked up a number of other items from eBay and Half-Price Books as well, but the above are the genre limiteds.
                                Ugh. By the time I found out THE SPECIAL even existed, it was sold out. Hopefully, it'll hit digital soon

This arrived in the mail today:
                                http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X