No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those who enjoy Jamesian fiction would be well-served to explore the catalogue of offerings from (the now defunct) Ash Tree Press...lots of good stuff to be had.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
      I purchased By No Mortal Hand by Daniel McGachey. The cover art is really beautiful. I read that By No Mortal Hand is a fine example of Jamesian ghostly fiction and I thought what is Jamesian ghostly fiction? I know now. I did read the author's collection from Dark Regions Press - They That Dwell In Dark Places and loved that book. Below is the cover to By No Mortal Hand. ~Cap
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]21576[/ATTACH]
      This looks interesting. I'm not familiar with Sarob Press. How's the quality of their books?

Comment

I only have one book from Sarob Press, a collection by David Niall Wilson. I purchased Defining Moments before Sarob Press shut their doors for a few years. Defining Moments is a nicely produced book. I think it was issued without a dustjacket. By No Mortal Hand is the first Sarob Press title I've purchased since they started publishing books again. ~Cap
        Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        This looks interesting. I'm not familiar with Sarob Press. How's the quality of their books?
        Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

I have Michael Chislett's In the City of Ghost's, I've also ordered his new collection, Where Shadows Gather. The book I have is on the small side, well put together, it reminds me of the books that Swan River publishes.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
            I only have one book from Sarob Press, a collection by David Niall Wilson. I purchased Defining Moments before Sarob Press shut their doors for a few years. Defining Moments is a nicely produced book. I think it was issued without a dustjacket. By No Mortal Hand is the first Sarob Press title I've purchased since they started publishing books again. ~Cap
            Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
            I have Michael Chislett's In the City of Ghost's, I've also ordered his new collection, Where Shadows Gather. The book I have is on the small side, well put together, it reminds me of the books that Swan River publishes.
            Thanks for the info. I haven't much experience with Sarob or Swan River, though I keep being tempted when I see them show up on Camelot Books's home page for preorder. I was also recently tempted by this book from Undertow: http://undertowpublications.com/the-...l-look-strange. I'm just not a fan of bookplates so I've held off.

Comment

I also have two Swan River Press titles. The House On The Borderland by William Hope Hodgson (Signed w. CD) and The Bleeding Horse And Other Ghost Stories (Comes w. bonus chapbook and other goodies). I'm also a patron of the Swan River Press at the $35 "Diamond Lens" level. ~Cap
              Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
              Thanks for the info. I haven't much experience with Sarob or Swan River, though I keep being tempted when I see them show up on Camelot Books's home page for preorder. I was also recently tempted by this book from Undertow: http://undertowpublications.com/the-...l-look-strange. I'm just not a fan of bookplates so I've held off.

Comment

A delivery from Camelot!
                Small.jpg
                Bed Time.jpg
                BZ.jpg

Comment

A delivery from Camelot!
                  Nice! I love that cover art for The Buzzard Zone!

Comment

Who is the publisher of Not To Be Taken At Bed-Time & Other Strange Stories? ~Cap

A delivery from Camelot!
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21577[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21578[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21579[/ATTACH]

Comment

A delivery from Camelot!
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]21577[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]21578[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]21579[/ATTACH]
                      Nice adds! SMALL KINGDOMS sounded interesting and I've been eyeing THE BUZZARD ZONE. That's a roundabout way of saying that I'm envious of your new books!

Comment

LOL. This is what happens because I don't buy much King, it frees my cash flow for smaller things. I'm actually building the R. Kelly, see what I did there, collection, so I can sell it to Ron at immense profit, the money going towards my nursing home fund HAHHA!!

Comment

LOL. This is what happens because I don't buy much King, it frees my cash flow for smaller things. I'm actually building the R. Kelly, see what I did there, collection, so I can sell it to Ron at immense profit, the money going towards my nursing home fund HAHHA!!
                          Too funny...I just in fact replied to brlesh r.e. his mention that he was tiring of Kelly but still had the Thunderstorm Ronald Kelly Essentials volumes...well now, I thought, if those need a new home at a reasonable price, well then I might be able to help with that... ;-).

Let us know what you think of THE BUZZARD ZONE. I was sorely tempted by that one, but ultimately my aversion to zombies got the better of me.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I am so sick of zombies, get a friggin flame thrower already.

Comment

Recently picked up this beautiful copy of Ramsey's 'Midnight Sun'. Signed and dated in the month of publication.

Comment

Slipcase for Elevation arrived today. I must say, these slipcases sure do make ordinary books look extraordinary. It's always a pleasant surprise when something arrives that you don't remember ordering. It's like Christmas!

ELEVATION SLIPCASE.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X