Page 22 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Grant Wootton
    Allllriggghhhttt Tom !!! Great stuff, great tease - very much looking forward to the unveil

Senior Member Hearing Voices Tito_Villa's Avatar
    Here's another, just waiting on the PDF of the proof from the printer

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Holy bellowing bovines, Tom! You got some great art for you story. Wow!
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Grant Wootton
    Most cool indeed Tom - these are the ones to be used in your upcoming book release, right ???

Yup that's right Grant, Glenn was very good to me!

Grant Wootton
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Yup that's right Grant, Glenn was very good to me!
    Can't wait to see the finished product Tom - you'll be the first published author I "know"

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TerryE's Avatar
    Talk about your Mad Cow Disease!
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    HPIM1381.jpg
    Just got it today, Looks Great!! Really looking forward to this from Centipede. Nice folks.
    MDH

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Looks great! Nice catch. I've been watching Centipede's site and theve got some great one's there.
    "I'm a vegan. "

Nice! I really love the Centipede books I have.

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement peteOcha's Avatar
    Awesome artwork Tom!! Congrats on getting such fine pieces from Glenn for your story!

Ordered Pure amd The Woman Blu ray from Amazon. I'm sure I get around to Pure before I get my edition form CD and I could not find The Woman at Best Buy or B&N. I did notice that B&N has a Stephen King entry into thier leather bound classics series: Carrie, Salem's Lot, The Shining omnibus. It looked cheaply put together, but it is in it's first printing...
    "I'm a vegan. "

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Best Buy does have The Woman, but it's not available in stores, only online for the same price as Amazon for DVD and for a higher price than Amazon for the BD edition

Well, I had an Amazon gift card taking up space in my wallet; tho I usually don't mind paying a little extra for the convience of geting an item right then.
    "I'm a vegan. "

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication theenormityofitall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by srboone View Post
    Ordered Pure amd The Woman Blu ray from Amazon. I'm sure I get around to Pure before I get my edition form CD and I could not find The Woman at Best Buy or B&N. I did notice that B&N has a Stephen King entry into thier leather bound classics series: Carrie, Salem's Lot, The Shining omnibus. It looked cheaply put together, but it is in it's first printing...
    Hey Squire? Does blu-ray play in "ordinary" DVD players? And what about TVs that have a built in DVD player? That's how utterly ignorant I am of technology. I miss the good ol' days of VHS, I really do that's why I have about 100 or so horror films on tape and 5 VCRs. And I have hundreds of "regular" DVDs.....don't tell me they'll become obsolete in favor of blue-ray?

My latest purchase even though I mentioned it elsewhere, was The Bachman Books, a special edition. I'm only mention this one because I've paid it off so it counts as a purchase.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication theenormityofitall's Avatar
    I forgot: I don't know if I already posted this, but I also bought the limited of the eigth DT book, via certified mail (check).
    I think I mentioned this already but I went back 2 pages and didn't see it so here it is again if I have done so in the past.

A BLu ray will not play in a DVD player, but a DVD will play in a blu ray player; so if you are in the market for a new player, get a Blu ray--they're pretty cheap now. As far as a combo player goes, single components work better than combined ones. I wont' buy them.
    "I'm a vegan. "

I have been asked an interesting thought RE my book ... and seeing as though i hope to sell some through here (i have asked Brian's permission to sell through the CD forum), through thedarktower.org and i have quite a few friends clamouring to get a copy, i may aswell put it out there - should they be numbered 1 - 50 or lettered A - ZZ and yes i have been told by many people that i have to sign it, sigh, it might ruin the book though!

Grant Wootton
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    I have been asked an interesting thought RE my book ... and seeing as though i hope to sell some through here (i have asked Brian's permission to sell through the CD forum), through thedarktower.org and i have quite a few friends clamouring to get a copy, i may aswell put it out there - should they be numbered 1 - 50 or lettered A - ZZ and yes i have been told by many people that i have to sign it, sigh, it might ruin the book though!

My 2 cents Tom, for what it's worth, is to go with the Lettered format (only because Lettered just reeks of exclusivity ). And, yep, of course you have to sign it !!!! And, save me a copy, alright ???????

Hey ... just noticed ... and it may only be my imagination at play here Tom ... but, is that you in the above drawing ????
    Last edited by Grant Wootton; 01-25-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Grant Wootton
    Quote Originally Posted by srboone View Post
    A BLu ray will not play in a DVD player, but a DVD will play in a blu ray player; so if you are in the market for a new player, get a Blu ray--they're pretty cheap now. As far as a combo player goes, single components work better than combined ones. I wont' buy them.
    And, make sure you get a multi-region player, too !!!! It's an absolute must for me, cos a lot of my Blu-Ray and DVD discs are sourced out of the US - the same may well apply in reverse, all those Australian Oscar award winning movies like ... ummm ..... hmmm ... okay, none - yet - but we do have some pretty cool ones nonetheless