Page 205 of 207 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207 LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,100 of 4126

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

  1. #4081
    Senior Member Inmate Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    SE Illinois
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    Wow! That's a helluva deal.

    E.F.'s son Richard and I co-authored the Robert McCammon essay in the followup reference books edited by Richard.
    I was unaware of this, Hunter! Was the McCammon essay in Volume I or Volume II?

  2. #4082
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,788
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    Thanks, but itís really the renowned Bleiler volumes Iím after. This was a cool item, though.

  3. #4083
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,704
    Rep Power
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    Wow! That's a helluva deal.

    E.F.'s son Richard and I co-authored the Robert McCammon essay in the followup reference books edited by Richard.

    Now you tell me LOL!!!

  4. #4084
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed goathunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY, USA
    Posts
    102
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    I was unaware of this, Hunter! Was the McCammon essay in Volume I or Volume II?
    It's in Volume II. The article can be read on the McCammon site:

    https://www.robertmccammon.com/bio/

    It was published in 2002---before Speaks the Nightbird was published---so it's really out-of-date now.

    Hunter

  5. #4085
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed goathunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY, USA
    Posts
    102
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    Now you tell me LOL!!!

  6. #4086
    Senior Member Inmate Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    SE Illinois
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    It's in Volume II. The article can be read on the McCammon site:

    https://www.robertmccammon.com/bio/

    It was published in 2002---before Speaks the Nightbird was published---so it's really out-of-date now.

    Hunter
    Thanks, Hunter! I had probably read this on the website before but I had forgotten about it. I found a cheap copy of Volume II on eBay and it is on the way to me.

  7. #4087
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    2,479
    Rep Power
    15
    I don't buy many Funko figures, gut....it's S.K.


    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

  8. #4088
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,704
    Rep Power
    54
    These came in from the lovely people at Camelot Today. Legionnaire C.E. Ward, The Far Tower: Stores for W.B. Yeats Ed Mark Valentine and The Killing Moon Allister Timms.
    NBS.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mhatchett; 01-13-2020 at 11:09 PM.

  9. #4089
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,348
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    These came in from the lovely people at Camelot Today. Legionnaire C.E. Ward, The Far Tower: Stores for W.B. Yeats Ed Mark Valentine and The Killing Moon Allister Timms.
    NBS.jpg
    How’s the quality of Legionnaire? I’ve been eyeing it but have had no experience with the publisher?

  10. #4090
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,704
    Rep Power
    54
    It's great! I've never had a problem with Sarob or Swan River. Their books are usually small format but they are well put together.

  11. #4091
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,348
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    It's great! I've never had a problem with Sarob or Swan River. Their books are usually small format but they are well put together.
    Thanks for reply. I'm trying to see how I can fit it into the budget between Centipede's Hill House and Dune threatening to empty all of the pockets. I love that cover, though.

  12. #4092
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,348
    Rep Power
    14
    So, this is by no means a fancy limited edition, but as I was browsing in a used bookshop a while back, I stumbled on this guy:

    IMG_2419 (3).jpg


    Though I'm not the biggest King fan, I've always wanted to read these and since "Rage" is not likely to be reprinted anytime soon, I'm glad to have tracked this one down.

  13. #4093
    Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,264
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    So, this is by no means a fancy limited edition, but as I was browsing in a used bookshop a while back, I stumbled on this guy:

    IMG_2419 (3).jpg


    Though I'm not the biggest King fan, I've always wanted to read these and since "Rage" is not likely to be reprinted anytime soon, I'm glad to have tracked this one down.
    I like all four stories in this one. Rage and The Long Walk are the better stories though.

  14. #4094
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,829
    Rep Power
    52
    That brings back memories. Carried a copy of that round in high school and remember reading Rage during Algebra class lol. I agree with Martin that they are all good but The Long Walk was my favorite. The Running Man adaption with Arnold was horrible.

  15. #4095
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,704
    Rep Power
    54
    Nothing Grand, but I found a really nice copy of Stephen King On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft, has it really been 20 years already? It caught mt eye in a thrift store, in the religious section lol!! It was in such good shape, I couldn't pass it by. I'm sure I have another copy some where, but it has a home for awhile. Two bucks had to get it HAHAHA!! Yes, I'm downsizing LOL!!!!
    SK.jpg
    Last edited by mhatchett; 01-17-2020 at 11:51 PM.

  16. #4096
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,829
    Rep Power
    52
    I think I still need a US 1st of that one.

  17. #4097
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,704
    Rep Power
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    How’s the quality of Legionnaire? I’ve been eyeing it but have had no experience with the publisher?
    I finished the Legionnaire last night. I really enjoyed it. In pacing and language it felt very much like an old timey ghost story and I think that's what the Author was going for.

  18. #4098
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,704
    Rep Power
    54
    My reading and even my collecting has taken a quirky reflective turn lately, not exactly sure why. The forum provides me with an interesting contrast, in that we are often talking about the things that are coming out, while I seem to be looking back over my shoulder to see what I’ve missed. Lately I’ve gone back and picked up John M. Ford, Alan Ryan and lastly Les Daniels.
    https://www.tor.com/2019/11/15/tor-b...ublished-work/

    http://thecurmudgeonly.blogspot.com/...s-daniels.html

  19. #4099
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,704
    Rep Power
    54
    As I mentioned I tracked down the Les Daniel's Don Sebastian de Villanueva series. The books were extremely reasonable and I was able find several that were signed. The Detective book is really interesting and as a bonus it is signed by Graham Greene. Sorry I don't know why the picture turned upside down LOl!

    Les Daniels.jpg
    Det..jpg
    Last edited by mhatchett; 02-09-2020 at 05:44 PM.

  20. #4100
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,788
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    The Detective book is really interesting and as a bonus it is signed by Graham Greene. Sorry I don't know why the picture turned upside down LOl!

    Det..jpg
    Wow, nice...very jealous! Where’d you manage to snag that one?

Similar Threads

  1. eBook Purchase/Download Help
    By Dan Hocker in forum eBook Projects
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-16-2013, 01:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •