Page 182 of 201 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,640 of 4006

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    So long as you aren't looking for grail-level titles (like Gene Wolfe), I find a little patience pays off with decent discounts (even if it's a "discount" back to list price).
    True, though I still have yet to find a copy of A Mountain Walked at anywhere near list price. And I’ve been patient, dang it.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    True, though I still have yet to find a copy of A Mountain Walked at anywhere near list price. And I’ve been patient, dang it.
    I have that one...and, yeah, if I ever sold that one, it’d be, ahem, just a bit above list. ;-)

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    I grabbed a copy of Weed Species by Jack Ketchum yesterday at a book show. Had a small Chadbourne illustration too.

IMG_20180429_202058_res2.jpgMVIMG_20180429_202115_res2.jpg

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by khaos View Post
    I grabbed a copy of Weed Species by Jack Ketchum yesterday at a book show. Had a small Chadbourne illustration too.

IMG_20180429_202058_res2.jpgMVIMG_20180429_202115_res2.jpg
    Cool illustration. I really enjoyed that story.

Very nice; gotta love (the late) Ketchum.

Here's what showed up on my doorstep this weekend...one of 64 signed and numbered oversized hardcovers from Thunderstorm Books.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post

Here's what showed up on my doorstep this weekend...one of 64 signed and numbered oversized hardcovers from Thunderstorm Books.
    Someday I'll add a Thunderstorm book to my collection. Just don't know if what they do is what I dig.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Someday I'll add a Thunderstorm book to my collection. Just don't know if what they do is what I dig.
    I'm very selective w/ Thunderstorm because A). they're expensive so I have to choose wisely, and B). most of the authors this largely micro-press publisher publishes don't interest me. I have probably only half-a-dozen Thunderstorm titles, so that gives some idea just how selective I am. That said, I really like Jeff Strand's work, so this one was an easy decision...I also have their Strand volume from last year, a short-story collection called EVERYTHING HAS TEETH.

On an objective level, though, their production quality is pretty high, with beautiful endpapers and nice jacket art...I frankly wish they had more authors I liked so I could be a more regular customer. Though for my wallet's sake, I suppose that's just as well.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    I buy a few of their books. All are very nice and great quality. Great service too. I pick and choose as I can't afford them all. I stick to buying everything Brian Keene, Kelli Owen, and just finished a Jonathan Janz imprint. A few others as I can afford them but mostly those 3 authors somehow. If you like westerns I highly recommend something in his Douglas Western line. I picked up the most recent and it's amazing work.

Thanks for the thoughts on Thunderstorm. I'm subscribed to their newsletter and I check the site every so often. Seems only a matter of time before I jump in.

Actually Paul has a pretty diverse group of authors he works with. Kealan Patrick Burke, Ronald Kelly and Jonathan Janz are a few you may dig. They produce beautiful books and Paul is great to deal with as well.

Senior Member Inmate
    I collected the elementals and the chapbooks. I have a few other titles including Clickers Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Actually Paul has a pretty diverse group of authors he works with. Kealan Patrick Burke, Ronald Kelly and Jonathan Janz are a few you may dig. They produce beautiful books and Paul is great to deal with as well.
    The ones I have are by Ronald Mafli, Sarah Pinborough, Brian Keene, Jeff Strand, Kealan P. Burke, Ronald Kelly...I think that's it. Come to think of it, looks like I have more Thunderstorm books than the six I indicated above I thought I had...guess it's probably closer to ten.

The ones I have are by Ronald Mafli, Sarah Pinborough, Brian Keene, Jeff Strand, Kealan P. Burke, Ronald Kelly...I think that's it. Come to think of it, looks like I have more Thunderstorm books than the six I indicated above I thought I had...guess it's probably closer to ten.
    Sarah Pinborough? Interesting. I have her Earthling book They Say a Girl Died Here Once and I liked it a lot.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    I bought the complete Western series and the Ron Kelly essentials a few odds and ends. Nice books all around.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany

Very nice looking book. I love Jeff Strand. He really knows how to balance horror and humor better then just about anyone.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    so, I now own a copy of Listen to the Echoes: The Ray Bradbury Interviews Edited by Sam Weller, signed by Ray Bradbury to Charlton Heston...Life is so weird LOL!!Listen to the Echoes.jpg
    Last edited by mhatchett; 06-12-2018 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    the Ron Kelly essentials
    I kinda wish I would've ordered that set. I even had an opportunity to buy a complete set in the aftermarket for a decent price a year or two ago, and again passed it up. Glutton for disappointment, I guess.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Most of you are probably aware of my obsession with David Petersen - and I'm constantly on the lookout for more pieces. Luckily (or unluckily,) he's got A LOT of pieces, so there are still a ton of items I don't have.

Today, eBay delivered two recent acquisitions - one fairly common - and the second is far less common.

First - the common item - his variant cover to the TMNT Usagi Yojimo one shot:
    IMG_4829.JPG

And the second one - the one I'm REALLY EXCITED to have - a poster he did for Mondo for Disney's The Rescuers:
    IMG_4830.JPG

This one has received the GF's thumbs up - which means I need to find appropriate wall space to frame and hang it up. I have a feeling my Doctor Who poster is going to be rotated out and back into a cardboard tube.

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Most of you are probably aware of my obsession with David Petersen - and I'm constantly on the lookout for more pieces. Luckily (or unluckily,) he's got A LOT of pieces, so there are still a ton of items I don't have.

Today, eBay delivered two recent acquisitions - one fairly common - and the second is far less common.

First - the common item - his variant cover to the TMNT Usagi Yojimo one shot:
    IMG_4829.JPG

And the second one - the one I'm REALLY EXCITED to have - a poster he did for Mondo for Disney's The Rescuers:
    IMG_4830.JPG

This one has received the GF's thumbs up - which means I need to find appropriate wall space to frame and hang it up. I have a feeling my Doctor Who poster is going to be rotated out and back into a cardboard tube.
    Nice!

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Thanks for the thoughts on Thunderstorm. I'm subscribed to their newsletter and I check the site every so often. Seems only a matter of time before I jump in.
    I guess I’ll throw my two cents in as well. I was a pretty avid Thunderstorm collector until recently. I agree with everyone else and think their production values are great and Paul really cares about his customers. Their output is also insane. 2-3 books a month is not uncommon and that gets pretty rich at $70+ a book. I stepped away mostly because I wanted to take my collection in a different direction and wound up selling almost my entire TSB collection.