No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got both the Doubleday and Viking sets. If you ordered those, you're going to be very happy.
    They're awesome!

sk

Comment

I sure did. I just got the email this morning that the Doubledays are done and ready to ship. All in living color

Comment

Mine are black & gold.
        But when I see the colored cases, I'm getting the urge to buy those as well.
        Ridiculous!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
          Mine are black & gold.
          But when I see the colored cases, I'm getting the urge to buy those as well.
          Ridiculous!

sk
          I image you'd be able to get your money back for them on the secondary market if you wanted to sell 'em and buy the colored ones. With exception of The Dead Zone since yours is already black and gold to match the book. I went with blue for Different Seasons and I think it turned out really well. Unfortunately most of my DoubleDays will sit empty for awhile as I only have the 1st/1st of The Shining and Pet Sematary so far from those years. Shopping around though for The Stand for a reasonable price and in decent condition. Hopefully the gang over on the DT forum will design some more moving forward.

Comment

Some King. Don't think you could find the two on the left in better condition, the photo doesn't really do them justice. Amazon US has 'The Bazaar of...' for US$16 at the moment, though the packaging is always a bit of a gamble. Mine made it all the way to Aus, unscathed.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
              Proper home for my 1st/1st

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17503[/ATTACH]
              Man, that looks nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
                Some King. Don't think you could find the two on the left in better condition, the photo doesn't really do them justice. Amazon US has 'The Bazaar of...' for US$16 at the moment, though the packaging is always a bit of a gamble. Mine made it all the way to Aus, unscathed.
                Nice adds!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
                  Man, that looks nice.
                  Thanks! From the fine folks at CD

Comment

Been a while since I've posted anything. I thought I'd start with the Centipede omnibus of Joe Lansdale's Drive-In series. I received it right before Halloween, but just got around to taking some pictures.

As usual a mighty fine edition from Jared. I'm glad I get to retire my trade paperback omnibus with such a beautiful edition to my Lansdale collection. Definitely worth it for any Lansdale fan. I wish Centipede would get to do The Nightrunners as well.

Comment

Up next is Clive Barker's Tonight, Again. I was super hesitant about buying this edition at all, so opted for the trade. It's still a limited edition, but doesn't have the same cloth construction and slipcase of the deluxe.

It's a real slim volume, coming in at just 154 pages and that's with a ton of sketches. I haven't read the book yet, but the artwork is really cool. It's all done by Clive and they feel like pieces in progress. Rough sketches of something he might revisit later on down the line. They feel like little glimpses at his creative process. I wish I could post more pictures of it, but they're all sexually explicit with nudity and such. For $30 it's a fine purchase. All that said, I do not regret skipping the deluxe version. That still feels like a bridge too far for the content.

Comment

Finally, my last arrival for the year. Subterranean Press's new Best of Caitlin R. Kiernan collection, Beneath an Oil-Dark Sea. I bought the limited from them during a 50% site wide sale they ran earlier in the year. I'm a big Kiernan fan, and have been looking forward to this book. I definitely wasn't disappointed when the box arrived.

This is a gorgeous edition jammed pack with content. Besides the wonderful selection of stories, it has a section of art from various editions and a comprehensive bibliography. I was surprised to see Caitlin credited with the Poppy Z Brite book Lazarus Heart. I don't know if that's been common knowledge or what. I'm a huge fan of early Poppy and that book most definitely reads like a Poppy Z Brite book, so she did her job well. This edition is absolutely worth purchasing if you're even the slightest bit interested in Kiernan. Sub Press did an amazing job.

Comment

Fantastic additions Plasticine!

Comment

Very nice. If I hadn't already had all three DRIVE-INs in signed UK hardcover 1sts, I would have been all over that volume, given how much of a Lansdale and Centipede fan I am. Even as it is, I still kinda wish I'd sprung for it, even if was redundant (and I don't have shelf space for redundancy).
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Beautiful additions!

Comment

I'll have to add pictures, but this afternoon brought a bigger than usual box from PS Publishing.

Inside was Skeleton Crew and the signed anniversary edition of Harlan Ellison's Ellison in Wonderland. Both are very sharp looking editions.

Comment

Working...
                                X