Page 186 of 186 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186
Results 3,701 to 3,712 of 3712

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    I don't remember who - but someone here posted about these books awhile back, and they definitely intrigued me. And I finally, FINALLY, broke down and bought them. And not only did I buy them, a buddy of mine I met through TDT told me about this omnibus edition, so I of course had to get one of those too.

First, here are the new paperback copies of Cixin Liu's (or Liu Cixin's) Remembrance of Earth's Past trilogy:
    WNGM7171.JPG

I especially love the uniformed look - plus how well they match the omnibus edition:
    IMG_6721.JPG IMG_6722.JPG IMG_6723.JPG

Sadly it came damaged, but based on quite a few things I've heard, that's almost to be expected from these UK bookstores that ship to the US. Why they haven't figured out how to use a proper box is beyond me.

I've been waiting quite a while for these books to arrive - they're next on to read list - so I've had to read some other books in the meantime. Of course, they day before these finally arrived, an eBook I requested my library to purchase was delivered to me, so I'm going to need to read that first.

Excited to finally read this series!

And thank you to whomever it was a while back that posted pictures of their signed editions. You've now cost me a few dollars. Like everyone else around here it seems, you punks.

Senior Member Totally Insane Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I don't remember who - but someone here posted about these books awhile back, and they definitely intrigued me. And I finally, FINALLY, broke down and bought them. And not only did I buy them, a buddy of mine I met through TDT told me about this omnibus edition, so I of course had to get one of those too.

First, here are the new paperback copies of Cixin Liu's (or Liu Cixin's) Remembrance of Earth's Past trilogy:
    WNGM7171.JPG

I especially love the uniformed look - plus how well they match the omnibus edition:
    IMG_6721.JPG IMG_6722.JPG IMG_6723.JPG

Sadly it came damaged, but based on quite a few things I've heard, that's almost to be expected from these UK bookstores that ship to the US. Why they haven't figured out how to use a proper box is beyond me.

I've been waiting quite a while for these books to arrive - they're next on to read list - so I've had to read some other books in the meantime. Of course, they day before these finally arrived, an eBook I requested my library to purchase was delivered to me, so I'm going to need to read that first.

Excited to finally read this series!

And thank you to whomever it was a while back that posted pictures of their signed editions. You've now cost me a few dollars. Like everyone else around here it seems, you punks.
    Gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Gorgeous!
    Thanks!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Had a few signed/limiteds show up the last couple of weeks:

A LITTLE COBALT BOOK OF OLD BLUE STORIES...AND STUFF, by Mort Castle (Borderlands Press)

BRING HER BACK, Jeff Strand (Thunderstorm Books) -- was also generously gifted a couple other titles: THE CORPSE AND THE GIRL FROM MIAMI by John Urbancik and THE SPECIAL by James Newman & Mark Steensland

Picked up a number of other items from eBay and Half-Price Books as well, but the above are the genre limiteds.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Had a few signed/limiteds show up the last couple of weeks:

A LITTLE COBALT BOOK OF OLD BLUE STORIES...AND STUFF, by Mort Castle (Borderlands Press)

BRING HER BACK, Jeff Strand (Thunderstorm Books) -- was also generously gifted a couple other titles: THE CORPSE AND THE GIRL FROM MIAMI by John Urbancik and THE SPECIAL by James Newman & Mark Steensland

Picked up a number of other items from eBay and Half-Price Books as well, but the above are the genre limiteds.
    Ugh. By the time I found out THE SPECIAL even existed, it was sold out. Hopefully, it'll hit digital soon

This arrived in the mail today:

My love for Mouse Guard isn't a secret . . . and I'm still slowly acquiring David Petersen treasures. Today, eBay brought me two of his older sketchbooks - the 2011 and 2012 editions:
    IMG_6740.jpg

I also have the 2015, 2016, and 2017 versions (I thought I lost my 2017 - I looked EVERYWHERE - some places twice - only to find it sitting on my desk - doh!):
    IMG_6741.jpg

I'm going to keep my eyes peeled on eBay for the others - these were such a good price (plus the seller accepted my offer so I saved some money!) that I couldn't pass up the chance.

Senior Member Totally Insane Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    My love for Mouse Guard isn't a secret . . . and I'm still slowly acquiring David Petersen treasures. Today, eBay brought me two of his older sketchbooks - the 2011 and 2012 editions:
    IMG_6740.jpg

I also have the 2015, 2016, and 2017 versions (I thought I lost my 2017 - I looked EVERYWHERE - some places twice - only to find it sitting on my desk - doh!):
    IMG_6741.jpg

I'm going to keep my eyes peeled on eBay for the others - these were such a good price (plus the seller accepted my offer so I saved some money!) that I couldn't pass up the chance.
    Congratulations!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication jeffingoff's Avatar
    So cool! Congrats!

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Never heard of Mouse Guard but those are some nice images. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    So cool! Congrats!
    Thank you both!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Never heard of Mouse Guard but those are some nice images. Congrats!
    Thanks!

Ben - if you look through my postings, you'll probably see A LOT of Mouse Guard stuff - and it barely scratches the surface.

It's a tiny independent comic about mice with swords. Once I made the mistake of describing it as Hobbit-like, but that's not a fair comparison since there's nothing magical about it (well, except for the fact that mice talk and have swords . . .)

The artwork is amazing - the story is even better. I'd recommend taking a look at it if you like comics, or at least beautiful artwork.

In addition to my GF's new iPhone, yesterday I also got this:

The fancy black edition of Terry Moore's Rachel Rising - complete with signed print and signed bookplate:
    IMG_6753.JPG

I have the regular trade hardcover, but really wanted the version he sold directly on his website. I missed its original offering because it came out a few years ago while I wasn't paying attention to the world of comics. Found a SCREAMING deal on eBay for it - and if I'm completely honest, the seller had this one WAY under-priced. I saw it, and snagged it immediately - I only paused to make sure the weird marks on the back weren't damage (they were shiny birds.)

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Brian861's Avatar
    Nice grab, Jason! The Mouse Guard stuff looks cool too.