Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Ah, so you're the one you snagged that copy! I was watching that listing, trying to decide if I should pull the trigger or not.
    Hate to gloat, but:

The guy had some other Centipede titles as well at nice prices, but I had all the others (or at least the ones I need).
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      Hate to gloat, but:

The guy had some other Centipede titles as well at nice prices, but I had all the others (or at least the ones I need).
      No, gloat away! That was a heck of a deal!

Comment

I took advantage of Friday's CD promotion and order the signed trade hardcover of The Halloween Children by Brian James Freeman and Norman Prentiss.

Cap
        Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

I wasn't in a particular hurry to get it, though had kept an eye out for a deal on one since its release, even though, as you know, "deals" on Centipede books is kind of a unicorn search.
          So long as you aren't looking for grail-level titles (like Gene Wolfe), I find a little patience pays off with decent discounts (even if it's a "discount" back to list price).

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
            I took advantage of Friday's CD promotion and order the signed trade hardcover of The Halloween Children by Brian James Freeman and Norman Prentiss.

Cap
            Good choice!

I’m continuing my tenure as “Captain On-The-Fence”. Trying to decide to go with a couple of books from CD or go with a couple Centipede titles off eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
              So long as you aren't looking for grail-level titles (like Gene Wolfe), I find a little patience pays off with decent discounts (even if it's a "discount" back to list price).
              True, though I still have yet to find a copy of A Mountain Walked at anywhere near list price. And I’ve been patient, dang it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                True, though I still have yet to find a copy of A Mountain Walked at anywhere near list price. And I’ve been patient, dang it.
                I have that one...and, yeah, if I ever sold that one, it’d be, ahem, just a bit above list. ;-)

Comment

I grabbed a copy of Weed Species by Jack Ketchum yesterday at a book show. Had a small Chadbourne illustration too.

IMG_20180429_202058_res2.jpgMVIMG_20180429_202115_res2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by khaos View Post
                    I grabbed a copy of Weed Species by Jack Ketchum yesterday at a book show. Had a small Chadbourne illustration too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20608[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20609[/ATTACH]
                    Cool illustration. I really enjoyed that story.

Comment

Very nice; gotta love (the late) Ketchum.

Here's what showed up on my doorstep this weekend...one of 64 signed and numbered oversized hardcovers from Thunderstorm Books.

Comment

Very nice; gotta love (the late) Ketchum.

Here's what showed up on my doorstep this weekend...one of 64 signed and numbered oversized hardcovers from Thunderstorm Books.
                        Someday I'll add a Thunderstorm book to my collection. Just don't know if what they do is what I dig.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                          Someday I'll add a Thunderstorm book to my collection. Just don't know if what they do is what I dig.
                          I'm very selective w/ Thunderstorm because A). they're expensive so I have to choose wisely, and B). most of the authors this largely micro-press publisher publishes don't interest me. I have probably only half-a-dozen Thunderstorm titles, so that gives some idea just how selective I am. That said, I really like Jeff Strand's work, so this one was an easy decision...I also have their Strand volume from last year, a short-story collection called EVERYTHING HAS TEETH.

On an objective level, though, their production quality is pretty high, with beautiful endpapers and nice jacket art...I frankly wish they had more authors I liked so I could be a more regular customer. Though for my wallet's sake, I suppose that's just as well.

Comment

I buy a few of their books. All are very nice and great quality. Great service too. I pick and choose as I can't afford them all. I stick to buying everything Brian Keene, Kelli Owen, and just finished a Jonathan Janz imprint. A few others as I can afford them but mostly those 3 authors somehow. If you like westerns I highly recommend something in his Douglas Western line. I picked up the most recent and it's amazing work.

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts on Thunderstorm. I'm subscribed to their newsletter and I check the site every so often. Seems only a matter of time before I jump in.

Comment

Actually Paul has a pretty diverse group of authors he works with. Kealan Patrick Burke, Ronald Kelly and Jonathan Janz are a few you may dig. They produce beautiful books and Paul is great to deal with as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X