Page 180 of 188 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,600 of 3741

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Senior Member Hearing Voices mhatchett's Avatar
    The Subterranean Press grab bag has arrived, It feels weighty, fortuitous. I wrestle it into the Living room, with a practiced flip of the wrist, I open my constant companion, the Gerber Applegate-Fairburn combat knife. I slice the packing tape, not to deep, don’t want to damage the books, too shallow and you have to do it again.
    “your going to hurt yourself with that knife. Be careful.” Wives!
    The box explodes. Hated packing peanuts all over the floor. Plastic bags and packing peanuts the scourge of modern man. Another reason I like Centipede Press, they use bubble wrap lol!! And now the moment I’ve been waiting 12 days for.
    So, what do we have. Not the jack-pot I was hoping for, no McCammon, Abercrombie, Brett or Scalzi. I did get: Station Eleven Emilt St. John Mandel, Heroes and Villains Lewis Shiner, Perdido Peter Straub, The emperor and the Maula Robert Silverberg, Penric’s Mission Lois McMaster Bujold, The Compleat Crow Brian Lumley, River’s Edge James P. Blaylock, Eternity’s Wheel Neil Gaiman, et al, Lost Soul Kelly Armstrong, The Unorthodox Dr. Draper and other stories William Browning Spencer and The Millennium Express 1995-2009 Robert Silverberg.
    Not over joyed, but not completely disappointed.
    Have a great Weekend everybody!!

Tried to upload some photos but they wouldn't take. I'll try again later.
    Last edited by mhatchett; 03-24-2018 at 11:11 PM.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    After what proved to be a whirlwind experience - I just acquired one of those hard to find - never seen one for sale - items that gets me closer to "completing" my Joe Lansdale collection:

The Cases of Dana Roberts chapbook!
    IMG_4413.JPG

Of course, this gets to me practically the same day that this is announced (or at least I found out about it) . . . it's almost like the universe is mocking my collecting . . .

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    After what proved to be a whirlwind experience - I just acquired one of those hard to find - never seen one for sale - items that gets me closer to "completing" my Joe Lansdale collection:

IMG_4413.JPG

Of course, this gets to me practically the same day that this is announced (or at least I found out about it) . . . it's almost like the universe is mocking my collecting . . .
    Congratulations, I have never heard of that one.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication

IMG_4413.JPG

Congrats — that is indeed a tough one to find! I’m in for that new one you mention, but only because I’ve had no luck finding the one you picked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Congratulations, I have never heard of that one.
    It was only available when you purchased the LE of Sub Press's Tales of Dark Fantasy 2. It was limited to 250 copies, so I assume that there is only 250 of these as well (no numbering, not signed.)

It'll look nice next to my Little Green Book of Monster Stories.

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Congrats — that is indeed a tough one to find! I’m in for that new one you mention, but only because I’ve had no luck finding the one you picked up.
    Thanks!

I'm surprised how hard this was to find - 250 copies (assuming based on copies of LE ToDF2) - it's not that limited compared to other Lansdale books I have.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Brian861's Avatar
    Thanks!

I'm surprised how hard this was to find - 250 copies (assuming based on copies of LE ToDF2) - it's not that limited compared to other Lansdale books I have.
    Congrats, Jason!

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    That’s a really nice looking edition. Congrats!

This was on sale at the Centipede Press site. It's the unsigned version. Does anyone now the page count? I didn't see that info. listed.
    Cornell Woolrich - Stories to Be Whispered.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    This was on sale at the Centipede Press site. It's the unsigned version. Does anyone now the page count? I didn't see that info. listed.
    Cornell Woolrich - Stories to Be Whispered.

Cap
    Just checked my copy...485 pages.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    Today's mail: Lost and Lonely by Brian James Freeman. Signed by Brian and Glenn Chadbourne. Nice illustrations throughout. I confess that I haven't yet read any of Brian's writing, so I am anxious to dig into this one.

Lost and Lonely.jpg
    Lost and Lonely Sigs.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    Today's mail: Lost and Lonely by Brian James Freeman. Signed by Brian and Glenn Chadbourne. Nice illustrations throughout. I confess that I haven't yet read any of Brian's writing, so I am anxious to dig into this one.

Lost and Lonely.jpg
    Lost and Lonely Sigs.jpg
    I think you will like Brian's writing, his stories always evoke emotions for me.

In today's mail I got the Centipede Press book I previously mentioned-Stories To Be Whispered: The Collected Short Fiction of Cornell Woolrich, Volume Two. It's a very impressive looking book. I also got another Dark Regions Double-The Blue Heron by Gene O'Neill & The Crucifixion Experiments by Gord Rollo.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    In today's mail I got the Centipede Press book I previously mentioned-Stories To Be Whispered: The Collected Short Fiction of Cornell Woolrich, Volume Two. It's a very impressive looking book. I also got another Dark Regions Double-The Blue Heron by Gene O'Neill & The Crucifixion Experiments by Gord Rollo.

Cap
    I have that Dark Regions Double also. I really need to get to it. I th I k Gord Rollo is another author who doesn't get enough attention. The Jigsaw Man is one of my favorite books. You can't go wrong with Gene O'Neill either. His Taste of Tenderloin is an absolutely wonderful collection of stories.

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I have that Dark Regions Double also. I really need to get to it. I th I k Gord Rollo is another author who doesn't get enough attention. The Jigsaw Man is one of my favorite books. You can't go wrong with Gene O'Neill either. His Taste of Tenderloin is an absolutely wonderful collection of stories.
    I am going to post my box in my collection thread so if you do not want a spoiler avoid it until you get yours.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I am going to post my box in my collection thread so if you do not want a spoiler avoid it until you get yours.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    I received my CD Grab Bag parts one and two yesterday.
    Some double ups - Copy #3 of Gwendy (signed), The Influence - Bently Little, and another signed Brian Hodge - I'll bring you the birds from out of the sky.

The others all look pretty cool. All signed limiteds.
    Headhunter - Michael Slade
    Widow's Point - RC and BC (already read a kindle version and loved it, so very happy to receive it).
    The Ones who are waving - Glen Hirshberg
    Whispered Echoes - Paul F. Olsen
    The Slave Tree - Alan Peter Ryan

Now I just need to find some time to read them.

I had to duck out from work for an errand yesterday so I stopped at a local charity shop and grabbed a nice first of Scott Smith's A Simple Plan.

Got some fun books the last couple of days - maybe I'll get some pictures up -

First, I got the Sub Press version of N.K. Jemisin's The Obelisk Gate. The numbered edition matches my copy of The Fifth Season, also from Sub Press.

Speaking of Sub Press, last night their signed edition of Ted Chiang's Stories of Your Life and Others. It has a neat die cut cover that I'll have to figure out how to wrap. (Disappointed that I forgot to ask to match my number to his Liking What You see that I got form ACK I forget who published this little book.)

And today, the mail lady brought me the hardcover version of Joe Lansdale's Private Eye Action. I already had one of the paperbacks (which I got because the price was good, and the hardcovers were a lot harder to come by) but this hardcover became available and I got it for a good price. So win!

Received the signed/#d HC of ROUGH TRADE by Robert Silverberg (PS Pub.).
    Last edited by RonClinton; 04-23-2018 at 05:14 PM.

Senior Member Hearing Voices jeffingoff's Avatar
    I just lost my mind.
    I bought a bunch of Lansdale from eBay, SubPress, and SST.
    In the last week I bought the following Lansdale books:
    The James Cahill edition of TWO BEAR MAMBO
    The Borderlands edition of MAGIC WAGON
    THE LONG ONES published by Necro Publications
    The SST graphic novel of I TELL YOU IT'S LOVE
    And the new collection by Subpress Driving to Geronimo's Grave And Other Stories

From SST, I also bought VOICES OF THE DAMNED by Barbie Wilde. I was completely intrigued by what I read about this book and it has art by Clive Barker and Daniele Serra and other super talented artists.

I need to step away and cool my credit card.