Page 151 of 199 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 3966

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

  1. #3001
    Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,425
    Rep Power
    13
    For fans of classic fantastical fiction, I just received this, one of the cooler new acquistions I've received for some time...very, very excited and pleased to have this one (and, no, I have no idea who Ted Hikty (sp?) is), especially at the price bought. 1st ed. HC, NF/NF, Shasta, 1951.

    brown1.JPG

    brown2.JPG

  2. #3002
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    3,152
    Rep Power
    14
    I haven't read Brown's fantastic works, but I do enjoy his sense of wit and humour in his short crime works that I've read.

  3. #3003
    Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,425
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    I haven't read Brown's fantastic works, but I do enjoy his sense of wit and humour in his short crime works that I've read.
    You're probably already aware, but in case not, Haffner Press is going to publish a dozen or so HC volumes of all his mystery shorts (similar to the Dennis McMillan project, but apparently even more complete). The first two volumes are due out any day (though they've been delayed numerous times, so no holding of breath).

  4. #3004
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    3,152
    Rep Power
    14
    I hadn't heard, thanks for the tip! Was just starting to grab a couple of his CP books recently and was debating about getting more if I liked his full length work. I do have many of his short works in various mystery/crime anthologies, and always enjoyed those.

  5. #3005
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    York, SC
    Posts
    598
    Rep Power
    7
    A couple years back, I backed DRP's Madhouse campaign on Indiegogo, and the reward tier I pledged at the time was for a signed hardcover, a campaign-exclusive TPB, and a grab bag of two signed hardcovers, two paperbacks, and some ebook. At the time I did not read carefully and though I got to choose the extra books and didn't realize the truth until literally last week. Oh well, I figured I'd get a bunch of copies of stuff I already had and flip them on eBay, hopefully recouping what I spent on the whole package.

    Well my books arrived yesterday, and my grab bag books were TPBs of Wolf Hunt 2 and Like a Dead Man Walking, neither of which I had, a hardcover of Wine and Rank Poison by Allyson Bird, which I do have, a the Gauntlet Press edition of It Came From Outer Space by Ray Bradbury, which is just fucking awesome.

  6. #3006
    Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,425
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    A couple years back, I backed DRP's Madhouse campaign on Indiegogo, and the reward tier I pledged at the time was for a signed hardcover, a campaign-exclusive TPB, and a grab bag of two signed hardcovers, two paperbacks, and some ebook. At the time I did not read carefully and though I got to choose the extra books and didn't realize the truth until literally last week. Oh well, I figured I'd get a bunch of copies of stuff I already had and flip them on eBay, hopefully recouping what I spent on the whole package.

    Well my books arrived yesterday, and my grab bag books were TPBs of Wolf Hunt 2 and Like a Dead Man Walking, neither of which I had, a hardcover of Wine and Rank Poison by Allyson Bird, which I do have, a the Gauntlet Press edition of It Came From Outer Space by Ray Bradbury, which is just fucking awesome.
    Congrats. Those Bradbury Gauntlet editions are just terrific, chock full of interesting extras.

  7. #3007
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    3,152
    Rep Power
    14
    Yeah, not bad at all! Congrats on a good grab!

  8. #3008
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,570
    Rep Power
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    For fans of classic fantastical fiction, I just received this, one of the cooler new acquistions I've received for some time...very, very excited and pleased to have this one (and, no, I have no idea who Ted Hikty (sp?) is), especially at the price bought. 1st ed. HC, NF/NF, Shasta, 1951.

    brown1.JPG

    brown2.JPG
    What a find! Good for you. I love old books!

  9. #3009
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,570
    Rep Power
    54
    IMG_0722.jpg
    Picked this neat print up today. Grabbed it as I walked in, Japanese Ghosts and Demons, come on lol!

  10. #3010
    Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    3,152
    Rep Power
    14
    Very cool!

  11. #3011
    Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,425
    Rep Power
    13
    Pretty neat...that floating demon head looks like something Lee Brown Coye might've dreamed up.

  12. #3012
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    York, SC
    Posts
    598
    Rep Power
    7
    I'm super excited because I finally managed to get a copy of the Charnel House edition of The New Neighbor. I'll post some photos when it arrives.

  13. #3013
    Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,425
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    I'm super excited because I finally managed to get a copy of the Charnel House edition of The New Neighbor. I'll post some photos when it arrives.
    Congratulations. Funny, I almost picked up a copy of that myself a short while back...saw a copy on eBay for just $59, and 1). I like Garton, 2). I like THE NEW NEIGHBOR, and 3). I've always admired Charnel House for what must be decades and yet have never bought a volume of theirs. And I think it was illustrated by J.K. Potter, who I also like. I kind of cheaped out, though, and figured I already had the CD reprint of THE NEW NEIGHBOR, so I didn't need to upgrade to the deluxe 1st Charnel House edition. In hindsight, that was a pretty silly decision.

  14. #3014
    Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,425
    Rep Power
    13
    Can't for the life of me decide if I want to make THE VAMPIRE TAPESTRY by Suzy McKee Charnas -- now up for order -- my newest Latest Purchase or not...it's by an author I've never read, I'm burnt out on vampires nearly as much as zombies, and it's a spendy book at a bad time, given that a discretionary budget + Christmas don't mix. On the other hand, it's Centipede so will undoubtedly be a fine production, and it's supposed to be a great read.

    Decisions, decisions...at only 150 copies, I'd probably better hurry up and decide, though.

    EDIT: ...aannd it just went up $25. :-(
    Last edited by RonClinton; 12-19-2016 at 06:00 PM.

  15. #3015
    Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,169
    Rep Power
    14
    If you follow the link on the newsletter it is still listed at the $150 price.

    I don't know if that helps your decision-making dilemma though...

  16. #3016
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication subie09lega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    860
    Rep Power
    8
    But make sure you click on the The Vampire Tapestry, $150 to get the discount, if you click on the images it links to the full price: Cloth in dustjacket, signed: $175.

  17. #3017
    Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,425
    Rep Power
    13
    Ah, okay -- thanks, guys. Yeah, this morning's check on the book wasn't through the newsletter link. I'm not sure The lower price helps my decision any, but it certainly doesn't hurt. ;-)

  18. #3018
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,570
    Rep Power
    54
    I know what you mean. I've had to be selective lately as well.

  19. #3019
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,570
    Rep Power
    54
    Guys, saw this on FB today and I had to get it, being a Seuss and Lovecraft fan. It looks fun for the Holidays!
    http://www.chaosium.com/hpls-call-of...nning-readers/

  20. #3020
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,570
    Rep Power
    54
    Vampire T..jpg
    Came into. Nice looking book!

Similar Threads

  1. eBook Purchase/Download Help
    By Dan Hocker in forum eBook Projects
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-16-2013, 12:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •