Page 129 of 199 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 3966

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    I only have the eBook of I Travel By Night, so I had to go the trade option. I did grab a scratch and dent return of Stinger ($30 - can't pass that up) and ordered what I hope is truly a "very good" copy of I Travel By Night.

I don't want to think about how much I've spent on McCammon in the last 6 months - but then again, I had no idea who was until last year either, and like Joe Lansdale, it's become a MUST BUY IT ALL!!

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    I am, too, though I've opted to go the trade route on this series, so at least I don't have to sweat getting one right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I think that Sub Press is trying to kill my budget with this new announcement. That being said, I'm pretty excited as well.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    OK, my weirdest purchase of the year, I couldn't pass it up. Yesterday we went to a small antique mall down the road. it was a nice day, good for a drive. I walked in and saw this and I was like "I need this for Halloween." I think you kind of understand me, if you're thinking, "This guy is thinking about Halloween In march, I get it lol!" He was a trash can cover produced in the 50's for Ocean View Amusement Park in Norfolk VA. The Park was closed down in 1979 and was featured in the movie Death of Ocean View Park. I plan on refreshing his paint and displaying him this year. Cast Metal, weighs about 80 pounds, open on both sides. You know you've been with the right woman for 38 years when she sees it and says, "You have to get that." I don't usually talk prices, but I paid about $100.00 for him. I'll post the after pictures once I'm done. It's the small adventures, isn't it lol!!
    IMG_0642.jpg
    IMG_0643.jpg

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    That's a really cool and interesting purchase! There's so much cool and interesting stuff out there in the world. Maybe I need to hit the antique stores more often.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed paperdragon's Avatar
    Thats pretty cool, I would have snapped that up also.
    If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Absolutely awesome! haha!

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TJCams's Avatar
    Nice find!

Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    Wow! I probably wouldn't have picked that up, and then spent years wishing I had.
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    That's just wonderful...congrats on a terrific find! Were I you, though, I wouldn't freshen that up paint at all… That looks terrific as it is with a little wear and tear, makes it a little more spooky.

Thanks! I know, I'm a little torn about freshening it up, we'll see after zi wash it up.

Quote Originally Posted by bugen View Post
    Wow! I probably wouldn't have picked that up, and then spent years wishing I had.
    I've done that a few time myself GRRRR LOl! Hate that feeling.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication subie09lega's Avatar
    That's just wonderful...congrats on a terrific find! Were I you, though, I wouldn't freshen that up paint at all… That looks terrific as it is with a little wear and tear, makes it a little more spooky.
    I agree, I think it looks great as-is.
    Last edited by subie09lega; 03-08-2016 at 05:01 PM. Reason: typo

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I did grab a scratch and dent return of Stinger ($30 - can't pass that up)
    I caved and picked up one of these as well. A lot of what SubPress sells as "scratch and dent" barely qualifies, especially if they put a new dust jacket on.

Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    I caved and picked up one of these as well. A lot of what SubPress sells as "scratch and dent" barely qualifies, especially if they put a new dust jacket on.
    I bought one too, and I agree on the "scratch and dent" statement. I've bought a few of these over the years and never found anything wrong with them.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    I managed to purchase one of the scratch and dent versions of NOS4A2 and still can't figure out what was wrong with it. And I'm good with that.

Hoping my copy of Stinger is just as bad.

(Reminds me of that scratch and dent couch I purchased at ikea in a previous life. Only way I figured out it was scratched was when we put it into a truck and the bottom underside fabric had maybe a two inch tear. Hello 50% off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I bought one too, and I agree on the "scratch and dent" statement. I've bought a few of these over the years and never found anything wrong with them.

To be honest, I think Bill treats any returned books as scratch and dent regardless of the reason they were returned. So while some might actually be damaged, some will also be stock returned from wholesalers that didn't/couldn't sell the books. These copies of Stinger appear to be the latter case.

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    I bought a $30 STINGER, too, even though I have a signed 1st UK HC (which is why I skipped it in the first place). But I looked at my copy today, and it turns out it had been inscribed to the previous owner -- and that was excuse enough to spring for the S/L.

I wish I'd sprung for the S/L HC of BLUE WORLD when returns of it were offered at a similar price...kinda screwed up there. Again, I have a signed UK 1st HC of BLUE WORLD, too, but the three add'l uncollected stories should have been enough to justify $30, darn it.

I wish I'd sprung for the S/L HC of BLUE WORLD when returns of it were offered at a similar price...kinda screwed up there. Again, I have a signed UK 1st HC of BLUE WORLD, too, but the three add'l uncollected stories should have been enough to justify $30, darn it.
    Yeah, I passed that one up at full price, but when the returned copies went on sale I bought one. Again, no damage to the book.

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Same goes for me with NOS4A2, I've grabbed a couple others here and there too, like $10 for KJ Parker's Savages, the dust jacket may have been slightly bumped, but for all I know that could have happened in shipping, that was it. Always a worthy buy.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    So jealous, want to grab one at that price but shipping is $40 which is more than the book itself!

Quote Originally Posted by Julzz View Post
    So jealous, want to grab one at that price but shipping is $40 which is more than the book itself!
    $40? Where are you?