X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pick ups all!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      Picked up a couple books from the recent Subterranean Press scratch-and-ding sale:

The Spencer is a S/L, the Haldeman a trade edition. Both are in excellent condition.
      Nice grabs! I was so pissed that I was too late to get a copy of THE HUNTER FROM THE WOODS. Oh the pain! The pain of it all!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        Nice grabs! I was so pissed that I was too late to get a copy of THE HUNTER FROM THE WOODS. Oh the pain! The pain of it all!
        I really wanted that Bradbury chapbook they had (SKELETONS), but like your experience w/ HUNTER it was Sold Out by the time I got there.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I got I'll Bring You The Birds From Out Of The Sky by Brian Hodge w. the recently offered SAVE25 DISCOUNT. ~Cap
          Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
            Big fan of Weird Westerns, missed these when they came out, been on the lookout ever since. I found all four of Thunderstorm's Douglas Western series from 2 different sellers on ebay. I also picked up Dust Devils Jonathan Janz, paperback and the Thunderstorm edition.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20255[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20256[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]20257[/ATTACH]
            I really like the look of the Douglas Western books, probably my favorite from TSB. Great adds!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
              Big fan of Weird Westerns, missed these when they came out, been on the lookout ever since. I found all four of Thunderstorm's Douglas Western series from 2 different sellers on ebay. I also picked up Dust Devils Jonathan Janz, paperback and the Thunderstorm edition.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20255[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20256[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]20257[/ATTACH]
              Grim Riders is one of my favorite novels that I read in 2017. Hell of a lot of fun.

Comment

So I decided to take the gamble and got in on one of Dark Region's offers: For Halloween, they did a double up offer if you preordered I Am The Abyss, it would qualify you for two of their large grab bags. Abyss is one of the books that I've been excited about from DRP and finally decided to break down and pick it up, hoping that the grab bags would either (a) be of some interest or (b) be able to resell the books to help offset the cost of Abyss. I got my books and I think I did pretty well for myself. The contents were:

Off Season by Jack Ketchum and the Limited of The Booking by Ramsey Campbell:
                IMG_0802.jpgIMG_0803.jpg

Black Wings V signed limited from PS:
                IMG_0809.jpg

The slipcased lettered edition of The Booking:
                IMG_0800.jpgIMG_0801.jpg
                Last edited by Sock Monkey; 11-18-2017, 01:53 AM.

Comment

The remaining bits of my DRP grab bag:

The slipcased lettered edition of Bones Are Made To Be Broken by Paul Michael Anderson:
                  IMG_0805.jpgIMG_0807.jpgIMG_0808.jpg

A TPB and hardcover:
                  IMG_0804.jpg

I also got a Magic card and a Cthulhu Wars figure, but I'm not really into those.

While I probably could have been okay without getting two different editions of the same book, I think that the contents of the grab bag were pretty nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Daninsky View Post
                    Grim Riders is one of my favorite novels that I read in 2017. Hell of a lot of fun.
                    That's been on my shelf for a bit now, I really need to get around to it.

Comment

Looks like you did damn good with the grab bag actually! W.H. Pugmire is very enjoyable to read and a great bonus in addition to the Ketchum and Campbell books.

Comment

Very nice Grab Bag!

Comment

Congrats, Keith!

Comment

The last few weeks I've been answering the nostalgic siren song that Grady Hendrix' PAPERBACKS FROM HELL inspired, and picked up a couple hauls of those wondeful Good Ol' pbs from the '80s/'90s horror boom. No real rhyme and reason to it my selections...just whatever was available at the time and looked like it had a chance to be something I'd actually enjoy reading and not just owning. I may have one more haul coming, but if not then these two hauls may be it for some time to come, as they're getting tougher and tougher to find as time wears on and inventory churns to more modern books in those mom-and-pop shops (that are themselves getting tougher and tougher to find).

Comment

No classic horror-boom pb fans? Ahh, you all don't know what you're missing...

Anybody pick up a CD book via their 50% Black Friday offer? I snagged a copy of Jack Ketchum's short-story collection GORILLA IN THE ROOM.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                                No classic horror-boom pb fans? Ahh, you all don't know what you're missing...

Anybody pick up a CD book via their 50% Black Friday offer? I snagged a copy of Jack Ketchum's short-story collection GORILLA IN THE ROOM.
                                I grabbed the trade editions of the three CD McCammon books and the trade edition of the father son Chizmar book. All to go with my limiteds.

Comment

Working...
                                X