No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swords and Deviltry looks great! Congratulations on the addition. Now I'm rethinking my decision to pass on it...

Comment

I wish I enjoyed sword & sorcery so I could join in on the Leiber fun. Ah well.

I did, however, get this Centipede release...it arrived this weekend.

A bit of a mini Holy Grail here...I've been after this one for some time, and finally snagged one at a pretty good deal.

POE: THE MAN WHO WAS USED UP, Centipede Press HC. The seller did a nice job of explaining what the book is about, so along w/ his photos I'll just reprint his verbage:

One of 200 copies printed. This book is out of print.

At over 8 inches wide and 11 inches tall, this is a massive, 500+ page book dedicated to the life of Edgar Allan Poe. Several critical essays, about a hundred pages worth of artwork, a dozen photographs of Edgar Allan Poe, an essay on films, his influence on horror fiction, and more abound.

Throughout the book you will find letters from Edgar Allan Poe to friends and relatives, each letter with a transcription next to it. There is a handsome gallery of movie poster art, plus individual galleries for Virgil Finlay, Greg Hildebrandt, Fritz Eichenberg, Aaron Baggio, Bernie Wrightson, and more.

The book is a large sewn hardcover, nearly two inches thick, with 530 pages, with an image of Poe printed on the front cover cloth, an image by Virgil Finlay on the back, and black cloth on the spine. The book is rounded, with head and tail bands, and a ribbon marker, with silver metallic endsheets.

Letters and photographs of Edgar Allan Poe.
      Artwork by a dozen different artists.
      Long essay on Poe by S.T. Joshi.
      Ribbon marker, head and tail bands, printed front and rear panels, three-piece cloth construction.

Over the last month or so, also picked up several others items...too lazy to take pics, so will swipe shots off the 'Net...

So excited to finally have my hands on these things...can't wait to get started on 'em.

Received the new LITTLE BOOK, this time featuring Joe Hill and entitled A LITTLE SILVER BOOK OF SHARP SHINY SLIVERS. Looks like some very interesting non-fiction, most (all?) of which I don't believe I've read, so this will be a real treat, as opposed to some LITTLE BOOKs that tend (understandably) to be very familiar "best of" reprint collections.

Received the first volume (and have mentally committed to the entire six (?) volume series) of Seabury Quinn's The Complete Tales of Jules De Grandin, a massive project that reprints all of Quinn's pulp tales (mostly/all(?) from Weird Tales) featuring his occult detective. Should be a fun series to read and collect.

Signed/numbered...Jeff Strand's work is always a lot of fun:

Got the signed/numbered HC of this one @ Sub Press' recent half-off sale...love the Keller character, so this standalone limited novella is one I'm very excited to finally own:

This is the third of the three Haffner collections of Leigh Brackett's short fiction, and is the only one I didn't yet have...now I've got the set.

This one's inscribed by the author to me...I really like Malfi's work.

I really need to start reading more or buying less, because right now the equation is really ill-balanced and my TBR is getting unruly again...
      Last edited by RonClinton; 08-07-2017, 03:27 PM.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

congrats! nice add!

Comment

A bit of a mini Holy Grail here...I've been after this one for some time, and finally snagged one at a pretty good deal.

POE: THE MAN WHO WAS USED UP, Centipede Press HC. The seller did a nice job of explaining what the book is about, so along w/ his photos I'll just reprint his verbage:

One of 200 copies printed. This book is out of print.

At over 8 inches wide and 11 inches tall, this is a massive, 500+ page book dedicated to the life of Edgar Allan Poe. Several critical essays, about a hundred pages worth of artwork, a dozen photographs of Edgar Allan Poe, an essay on films, his influence on horror fiction, and more abound.

Throughout the book you will find letters from Edgar Allan Poe to friends and relatives, each letter with a transcription next to it. There is a handsome gallery of movie poster art, plus individual galleries for Virgil Finlay, Greg Hildebrandt, Fritz Eichenberg, Aaron Baggio, Bernie Wrightson, and more.

The book is a large sewn hardcover, nearly two inches thick, with 530 pages, with an image of Poe printed on the front cover cloth, an image by Virgil Finlay on the back, and black cloth on the spine. The book is rounded, with head and tail bands, and a ribbon marker, with silver metallic endsheets.

Letters and photographs of Edgar Allan Poe.
          Artwork by a dozen different artists.
          Long essay on Poe by S.T. Joshi.
          Ribbon marker, head and tail bands, printed front and rear panels, three-piece cloth construction.

Over the last month or so, also picked up several others items...too lazy to take pics, so will swipe shots off the 'Net...

So excited to finally have my hands on these things...can't wait to get started on 'em.

Received the new LITTLE BOOK, this time featuring Joe Hill and entitled A LITTLE SILVER BOOK OF SHARP SHINY SLIVERS. Looks like some very interesting non-fiction, most (all?) of which I don't believe I've read, so this will be a real treat, as opposed to some LITTLE BOOKs that tend (understandably) to be very familiar "best of" reprint collections.

Received the first volume (and have mentally committed to the entire six (?) volume series) of Seabury Quinn's The Complete Tales of Jules De Grandin, a massive project that reprints all of Quinn's pulp tales (mostly/all(?) from Weird Tales) featuring his occult detective. Should be a fun series to read and collect.

Signed/numbered...Jeff Strand's work is always a lot of fun:

Got the signed/numbered HC of this one @ Sub Press' recent half-off sale...love the Keller character, so this standalone limited novella is one I'm very excited to finally own:

This is the third of the three Haffner collections of Leigh Brackett's short fiction, and is the only one I didn't yet have...now I've got the set.

This one's inscribed by the author to me...I really like Malfi's work.

I really need to start reading more or buying less, because right now the equation is really ill-balanced and my TBR is getting unruly again...
          Great additions! especially live the Poe book from Centipede and the Joe Hill Little book (unfortunately I had my order cancelled due to the poor handling of the release from the publisher.)

Comment

Martin, sorry to hear your Hill book got cancelled...that must've been a disappointment, to say the least. I heard about the ordering fiasco surrounding this release...very unfortunate. I've had Camelot fill my LITTLE BOOK orders since the very beginning (so matching number for all volumes, all sets of LITTLE BOOKS), so hoped I would be safe...and as it turned out, I was (whew!).

Comment

Nice adds Ron!!

Comment

Martin, sorry to hear your Hill book got cancelled...that must've been a disappointment, to say the least. I heard about the ordering fiasco surrounding this release...very unfortunate. I've had Camelot fill my LITTLE BOOK orders since the very beginning (so matching number for all volumes, all sets of LITTLE BOOKS), so hoped I would be safe...and as it turned out, I was (whew!).
                Matching numbers for both series! Very nice! I missed out on series one but have been working on a matching set for series 2.

Comment

Yep, both series, all matching numbers. I don't usually worry about matching numbers, but glad I did in this case...makes it kinda neat.

And thanks for the various 'congrats', guys.

Comment

More fun unboxing videos:

The August Nocturnal Reader's Box: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stdPSFBz1P0&t=58s

Goblin ARC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI2qOGzV68Q&t=1s

I also received an edition of Dinner With the Cannibal Sisters. It's a lettered that's missing the signature page--but it is stunning! Can't wait to read it!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                      More fun unboxing videos:

The August Nocturnal Reader's Box: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stdPSFBz1P0&t=58s

Goblin ARC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI2qOGzV68Q&t=1s

I also received an edition of Dinner With the Cannibal Sisters. It's a lettered that's missing the signature page--but it is stunning! Can't wait to read it!
                      Saw these last night. I'm, Jealous as my Nocturnal box did not contain a the Salems' Lot bonus item and you got two! I also only got one signed book as well. Nice contents in the box though.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        Saw these last night. I'm, Jealous as my Nocturnal box did not contain a the Salems' Lot bonus item and you got two! I also only got one signed book as well. Nice contents in the box though.
                        I didn't realize the Salem's Lot postcards were bonus items. Wow. I really was blown away with the box. I couldn't believe I got that Wong book. And both the mug and the hat are super functional items for me. Of course the full value of the box can't be gauged until I read those books, but as far as I'm concerned I am WAY ahead on my ROI for this subscription.

Comment

Very nice additions boyos! Can't wait for my copy of Swords & Deviltry.

Comment

THRILLED to get the Dark Tower Portfolio by Glenn Chadbourne.

https://youtu.be/5_keq_DrUb8

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                              THRILLED to get the Dark Tower Portfolio by Glenn Chadbourne.
                              by Overlook
                              https://youtu.be/5_keq_DrUb8
                              Saw that earlier. Very impressed with what you showed. I generally avoid items produced by Overlook as I have been disappointed too many times with the production values employed but this looks very nice. I may have to start paying attention to them again. Thanks for sharing the unboxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                Saw that earlier. Very impressed with what you showed. I generally avoid items produced by Overlook as I have been disappointed too many times with the production values employed but this looks very nice. I may have to start paying attention to them again. Thanks for sharing the unboxing.
                                I bought the Chadbourne dust jackets for It and The Stand previously and this portfolio was a gift purchased through CD. So far, I'm pretty happy with the quality. This portfolio is going to be pretty impressive once I work out where I can display it!

Comment

Working...
                                X