No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the first set of the series as well; this is the second set. I love Woolrich, and I love Centipede's work, so I'm thrilled that the Woolrich estate has chosen Centipede to reprint these beautiful new editions (and new short-story collections). Phenomenal production job as always by CP, and I like that they've added an old-world unique topstain for each portion of the series (this time burgundy, last time blue), so while there is wonderful consistency with size, font, layout, etc. (and I love those unique white images on the spine (brass knuckles, cigarette, claw marks, etc.)), there is also a feature that makes each portion of the series unique and set off from one another. Every time I receive a book by Centipede I'm impressed by the well-conceived quality of their design and clear passion to produce volumes that are immediately apparent as something special and enduring.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 04-09-2016, 03:55 AM.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Color me jealous. I really wanted these even though I've never read anything from Woolrich before. Something told me I wasn't going to be disappointed though.

Fine looking set.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I have the first set of the series as well; this is the second set. I love Woolrich, and I love Centipede's work, so I'm thrilled that the Woolrich estate has chosen Centipede to reprint these beautiful new editions (and new short-story collections). Phenomenal production job as always by CP, and I like that they've added an old-world unique topstain for each portion of the series (this time burgundy, last time blue), so while there is wonderful consistency with size, font, layout, etc. (and I love those unique white images on the spine (brass knuckles, cigarette, claw marks, etc.)), there is also a feature that makes each portion of the series unique and set off from one another. Every time I receive a book by Centipede I'm impressed by the well-conceived quality of their design and clear passion to produce volumes that are immediately apparent as something special and enduring.

Comment

It's been a year of sets and Centipede. I think just within the last year -- certainly not much more than, I don't believe -- I've acquired sets from James Herbert (RATS trilogy), Michael McDowell (BLACKWATER saga), Karl Edward Wagner (KANE series), and now this second Woolrich set. Glad Jerad spreads these sets out a bit, as the $$$ certainly adds up, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
          This was a little pricey for such a short story (novelette) but because I rarely enjoy zombie stories, this one was so amazing and Simmons is The Man I sprung for it. I saw only the limited had the additional art so here you go:
          Good looking art in that one.

Comment

It's been a year of sets and Centipede. I think just within the last year -- certainly not much more than, I don't believe -- I've acquired sets from James Herbert (RATS trilogy), Michael McDowell (BLACKWATER saga), Karl Edward Wagner (KANE series), and now this second Woolrich set. Glad Jerad spreads these sets out a bit, as the $$$ certainly adds up, unfortunately.
            Nice adds, Ron!.

Comment

Mine was waiting for me when I got home as well. Haven't been disappointed by Centipede yet. The mysteries/crime fiction titles are a favorite of mine. Since Ron already kindly posted his pictures, I'll spare y'all my photography lol! Great adds Ron!

Comment

I'm still waiting for a shipping notice on my Woolrich set.

Comment

It's absolutely beautiful set. I really like the cover art for these editions. Congrats Ron and Mike!

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                    I'm still waiting for a shipping notice on my Woolrich set.
                    Jerad doesn't send shipping notices -- at least, not in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                      The mysteries/crime fiction titles are a favorite of mine.
                      Mine, too. The Paul Cain collection is, in particular, an impressive volume.

I'm looking forward to the next batch of Jim Thompson titles.

Comment

Jerad doesn't send shipping notices -- at least, not in my experience.
                        I've never gotten one either. If you think you should have had the books by now, you should email Jerad to make sure they're not lost in transit.

Comment

My set showed up yesterday. I could have sworn I received some sort of notice for the last two orders, but maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                            'Tis true, never trust a storyteller unless you want a story.

Just received this today from Dark Regions (also Cal Wild #1), part of a stretch goal from their Christmas Horror anthology. It's a 38MB mobi file (ouch)! Looks to have a lot of illustrations which I don't think Kindles handle too well, but there are a bunch of solid authors here. Has anyone read Chiral Mad #1 or #2?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18120[/ATTACH]
                            I have read both of the other volumes in this series
                            Loved them. I too got the mobi file for this from that campaign. Looking forward to reading this one

Comment

My latest:

It contains "Beautiful" by King, which is a three-paragraph non-fiction work regarding his "crush" on Kim Novak.

John

Comment

SK ABQ Tickets.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X