X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Squire! So why the sad face?

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
      And you have a house to buy, remember? I'm not too worried.
      And thats the only reason I didnt grab it 3 or 4 days ago when I saw it posted. along with a few other reasonable priced onces i'd like to grab. I've been good. Just hoping CD waits until at least June to post something good. If I dont have a house by then it won't be until next year leaving me a small amount of money to spend

Comment

North Carolina beat NC State to go to the ACC final, and DUke's losing to FLorida state in their semi-final.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

And the fact that Betts hasn't placed a hold on Danse Macabre yet.
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
            And the fact that Betts hasn't placed a hold on Danse Macabre yet.
            Nope, not in the market for the Betts copy Squire

Your copy will be superior for at least three reasons:

1) yours is flat signed as opposed to the signed to someone;
            2) yours is a US 1st/1st rather than a 2nd print;
            3) your copy will, knowing David at Betts, in far better shape than mine

DM 1.jpg

DM 2.jpg

DM 3.jpg
            Last edited by Grant Wootton; 03-10-2012, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Yeah, Dave and I had a discussion about books inscribed to other people. And the chance of me finding on reading "To Squire" is slim to none. And I'm pretty sure Slim left town after hearing that Jim Croce song about tuggin' on Superman's cape...
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I'm not even gonna ask

Comment

That's a nice sig tho Grant!

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                    That's a nice sig tho Grant!
                    Thanks Tom, and, yeah, an SK signature is an SK signature, however, my personal preference is for flat signed

Comment

That is where we have to differ i love the personal acpect of a dedicated signed book, it also gives a lot more clues to the signature validity too. I can remember a while back i saw a book on ebay that was dedicated, and i am pretty sure that the signature was legit but someone had written in the dedication afterwards, my question is why would you do that?

Comment

Lord knows Tom, seems like sacrilege to me. I'm not against dedicated books per se, just wish that there were a whole bunch of Grant's out there that would get SK to dedicate copies of all the 1st editions then sell them to me - problem solved

Comment

I just received my two slipcases for 11/22/63 from CD. Now I have one for my my s/l and one for my signed trade.

John

Comment

Outstanding, John. I know I breathed a sigh of relief when I got mine!

Too much money spent this week <sigh>.

Let's see, from Easton Press: the signed American Gods, Master and Commander by Patrick O'Brian, The Lair of the White Worm by Bram Stoker (though they sent me The Postman Always Rings Twice and I had to return it--delays, delays...); Remarqued Four Rode Out from CD; and this

It looked so...right when discussed in the libation thread. I found a place in NY that ships microbrews.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Busy week indeed Squire! I just got my CD 11/22/63 slipcase! Now just need the book to arrive.

Comment

I Like the slipcase The Overlook Connection has better. Didn't order either one though.

Comment

Working...
                                X