Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check this out!

SAM_8152.jpg

If I'm ever in prison, will someone please make sure I get this for my cell? I will share the loot with you.
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
      Check this out!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19227[/ATTACH]

If I'm ever in prison, will someone please make sure I get this for my cell? I will share the loot with you.
      "Are you decent?"
      "Me?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUrCBGv4xqs

"I'm not very good at zippers...but maybe if I had some help...?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZn86sSWtEQ

A great noir flick.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
        Check this out!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19227[/ATTACH]

Haha, good call! Great movie too.

Comment

I'm in

Comment

This one just arrived on my doorstep a couple of weeks ago. Really beautiful piece of craftsmanship by Zagava out of Germany. "The Hauntings at Tankerton Park“ by Reggie Oliver. I'm a big fan of Oliver's and I tend to enjoy his drawings as much as his storytelling. This particular book is an abecedarium told in rhyme with more than a few nods to E. Gorey throughout. My copy is one of the luxurious 26 Lettered editions that includes one of Oliver's original drawings from the book's content as well as a beautiful die-cut cover. I had never purchased one of Zagava's books before and pre-ordered this one due to my love of Oliver, but I am so thrilled with the craftsmanship here that I'm pretty sure I'll be grabbing more of their output down the road.

15385404_10154805956167774_642815225721278458_o.jpg

15326167_10154805956267774_4636989985523832141_o.jpg

15385337_10154805956337774_4281050031892065753_o.jpg

15385410_10154805956382774_5932095825727376710_o.jpg

15304099_10154805957137774_6857665013078821961_o.jpg

15325399_10154805959737774_5852527077206355522_o.jpg

Comment

Just stunning! Big congrats on a beautiful addition to your collection.

I have yet to read Reggie Oliver's works, but I think it's become high time!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                Just stunning! Big congrats on a beautiful addition to your collection.

I have yet to read Reggie Oliver's works, but I think it's become high time!
                Thanks for your kind words! I've been over the moon about this since it arrived. Oliver's works are a bit scattered between a handful of small publishers, so can be rather tough to run down sometimes. Jerad over at Centipede put out an absolutely gorgeous (if a trifle unwieldy) omnibus collection a few years ago entitled Dramas from the Depths, which is probably the most complete selection you'll find in one place.

Comment

Thanks for the tip! I also know Tartarus has put out a couple volumes of his works as well.

Comment

Beautiful book!

Comment

Wow, that's really a striking book. I'm somewhat a fan of Oliver (I admire his skill, but his overuse of the dramatic/theater setting has cooled my interest in his work a bit), and though I try to keep up with with news on his output I hadn't even heard of this book. Congrats on what looks to be an incredible package.
                      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Daninsky View Post
                        This one just arrived on my doorstep a couple of weeks ago. Really beautiful piece of craftsmanship by Zagava out of Germany. "The Hauntings at Tankerton Park“ by Reggie Oliver. I'm a big fan of Oliver's and I tend to enjoy his drawings as much as his storytelling. This particular book is an abecedarium told in rhyme with more than a few nods to E. Gorey throughout. My copy is one of the luxurious 26 Lettered editions that includes one of Oliver's original drawings from the book's content as well as a beautiful die-cut cover. I had never purchased one of Zagava's books before and pre-ordered this one due to my love of Oliver, but I am so thrilled with the craftsmanship here that I'm pretty sure I'll be grabbing more of their output down the road.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19262[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19263[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19264[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19265[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19266[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19267[/ATTACH]
                        Stunning! Congratulations.

Comment

Been a while since I posted anything. Some preorders came in last month. Finally got around to taking some pictures.

Up first, Gauntlet's Great and Secret Show.

Really cool edition. I was kind of on the fence about this one. I already have a signed first US edition, but I'm glad I jumped at this one. I love seeing the sketched and the extra material is really cool to see. Plus those end papers are gorgeous. Just really happy to have added this one to my Barker shelf.

Up next is Sub Press's Dead on the Bones by Joe R Lansdale.

Comment

Another great book from SubPress. Really cool collection, and another great add to my ever-growing Lansdale shelf.

Last, but most certainly not least, is the Thunderstorm edition of Soul Taker by Bryan Smith.

Pretty much what you'd expect from Thunderstorm. Just a high quality production. One thing that doesn't come across in the pictures is the end papers are textured. They feel like a soft, almost velvet material. Really cool. Glad to add it to my Bryan Smith collection.

Comment

Fantastic! Perhaps the best thing about Thunderstorm editions is their endpapers. Always top notch from them!

Comment

Fantastic additions.

Comment

Working...
                                X