No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, guys. Somekindofstranger posted about the sale over at DarkTower but the ebay listing said it didn't include the tipped-in, signed page. The tracking number I received also indicated that by yesterday my copy was headed out of the country instead of to CA. But I received it today and it was signed on a limitation page, #254.

It's science fiction and I'm trying to stick to horror here, but you can check my blog if you're interested in a handful of pics and a few words. It took two back-to-back reads to get a handle on the story, but it grew on me the more I sat and thought. In the end I liked it quite a bit.
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
      Thanks, guys. Somekindofstranger posted about the sale over at DarkTower but the ebay listing said it didn't include the tipped-in, signed page. The tracking number I received also indicated that by yesterday my copy was headed out of the country instead of to CA. But I received it today and it was signed on a limitation page, #254.

It's science fiction and I'm trying to stick to horror here, but you can check my blog if you're interested in a handful of pics and a few words. It took two back-to-back reads to get a handle on the story, but it grew on me the more I sat and thought. In the end I liked it quite a bit.
      Nice add, Andrew!

Comment

you can check my blog
        Just visited, and it won't be the last...love all the photos of your new acquisitions. It sure gave me pause to see The Averoigne Chronicles -- I thought long and hard about whether or not I wanted to buy that one or not. I'm not a fan of Smith's work, but I knew the production qualities would be nothing short of extraordinary, and judging from your photos I sure wasn't wrong on that assumption. I ended up passing, but am not confident that was the right decision, even if the book probably -- to be honest with myself -- would have unread.

EDIT: And thanks for the reminder that I still need to pick up a Folio copy of Lord of the Flies.
        Last edited by RonClinton; 08-03-2016, 08:57 PM.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Thanks Brian, and Ron, glad you liked the site! The Averoigne book is extraordinary--I'd seen this one was upcoming and read and loved about half the stories by the time it was announced, but the price caught me by surprise. Still, I'm not sure I've ever seen a Centipede book where I had to wonder exactly where the money was spent, so I jumped on it. But I'm with you, subject material comes first, and unless it's just an investment for those prices you've really got to love it.

That Lord of the Flies is an excellent production. You won't be disappointed!
          -John Barth

Comment

I'm with you, subject material comes first, and unless it's just an investment for those prices you've really got to love it.
            I try to always keep in mind that I'm a reader first and a collector second...sometimes's that easy, sometimes -- as in this case -- it's difficult. The high price tag helped to a large degree, though I wonder had it been half that -- around $125 -- if I would have bit anyhow, even if the book was destined to be unread. But I do try to keep it in mind...if I relax my reader-first priority too much, my already-strained book budget could -- and would! -- get wildly out of control.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I feel the same. Sometimes a nice trade Hardback or even a paperback is good enough. it can spiral out of control if you're not careful lol!!

Comment

I love CAS and ordered a copy from Camelotbooks.com, can't wait for it to arrive.

Comment

Took a trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway for my wife's birthday. We stayed at a very nice B&B called the Inn at Old Virginia. Visited lots of Antique shops/malls and found lots of interesting things, including windows for a dollar, that we'll use on a greenhouse we plan to build this Fall. Ten of them rattled around in the back of the van on the way home. Also stopped at some bookshops of course and picked up a few books. My wife found a bagful of mysteries. We had a great little trip. Worked in the garden today till 11:00 when it hit 98. Hope Y'all are having a good weekend. Stay safe in the heat!

IMG_0667.jpgIMG_0668.jpg

Comment

Sounds like a fine time! And a nice haul to boot!

Comment

That B&B is in my hometown of Staunton! Kind of near my house as a matter of fact. I hope you stopped into the Swan bookstore on W. Beverley in town.

Comment

We Love Staunton! Our Daughter went to JMU . I passed on Black Swan since I see his dad's in Richmond. I did stop at Read it Again Sams in Chancellorsville.

Comment

This one came in the mail yesterday.
                          TEM08152016205421.jpg

Comment

Comment

Out of the Dark should be excellent, good call. I read about half of City Fishing before picking this up myself.
                              -John Barth

Comment

I've only read one his shorts, I really should explore his works more. Plus CP generally have very discriminating tastes, and anything they publish seems to be worthwhile.

Comment

Working...
                                X