Page 126 of 202 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 4039

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Got mine in the other day from CD's snow sale. The slipcases are total crap for the unsigned but I like the quality of the books. Hopefully, Andrew, your slipcase is of must better quality.
    Haven't seen the trade cases but I'm with Martin - I think the limited has an excellent slipcase and also that the entire production is superb. It was pricey, and I totally get it was a bit much for a regular limited, and also understand some of the gripes on even releasing a 10th anniversary when they already released the original, but I'm really glad they did! I was a little surprised to have all of the extras that came with it laid out in front of me.
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bugen View Post
    Haven't seen the trade cases but I'm with Martin - I think the limited has an excellent slipcase and also that the entire production is superb. It was pricey, and I totally get it was a bit much for a regular limited, and also understand some of the gripes on even releasing a 10th anniversary when they already released the original, but I'm really glad they did! I was a little surprised to have all of the extras that came with it laid out in front of me.
    That's what kept me away from the limited as I thought it was a little too pricy. But I'm very glad to hear that you and Martin both are happy with your purchase. Sounds and looks like ya got what ya paid for. Honestly, I probably wouldn't have even purchased the books had they not been on sale. The slipcase for the trade is like an afterthought but I guess it does what a slipcase should do; house the book. Just nothing to write home about. I might pick up the limited down the road once I get the bug for collecting his stuff. I plan on reading one of the copies so I'm sure that will be the beginning of that.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Just received Blackwater last night. Can't wait to read this as all the reviews I've read seems promising. Same size as the Michael Cisco set. Thanks to TacomaDiver for the enablement....this whole thread has been dreadful enabling.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Julzz View Post
    Just received Blackwater last night. Can't wait to read this as all the reviews I've read seems promising. Same size as the Michael Cisco set. Thanks to TacomaDiver for the enablement....this whole thread has been dreadful enabling.
    Helping others spend their money is what we do best!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    YES! You all so remarkably well at that.

Oh - and you're welcome Julzz. I haven't read it yet - hopefully this year! (Yes, it's barely February and I'm already worried I won't have time for that collection.)

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Helping others spend their money is what we do best!

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TJCams's Avatar
    My last purchase was at my local Chapters - had a $10 coupon that had to be used, so I picked up a pb copy of Alastair Reynold's Revelation Space. One I've been looking forward to getting my hands on!

Planning on updating the Book Reviews thread with pics of books I've received since originally posting but thought those not interested in the thread might really dig this aspect of Subterranean's lettered Voice of the Fire by Alan Moore:

SAM_1601.jpg

SAM_1603.jpg

Here's why the lettering looks as it does:

Spoiler!
    -John Barth

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Planning on updating the Book Reviews thread with pics of books I've received since originally posting but thought those not interested in the thread might really dig this aspect of Subterranean's lettered Voice of the Fire by Alan Moore:

SAM_1601.jpg

SAM_1603.jpg

Here's why the lettering looks as it does:

Spoiler!
    Fantastic! Would live to see some interior photo's.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    That Alan Moore lettered edition is really nice! I have yet to add a Subterranean Press lettered edition to my collection, mostly because they all the ones that I want are out of my price range. Thanks for the pics!

Did CD get their Voice copies yet?

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    I love it Bugens! I've been considering making the purchase of the numbered edition, but have been a bit gun shy. Love Moore, but am uncertain if I will enjoy a full length book from him.

The first chapter was really hard to get through but it was an interesting voice. I found it easier to understand if I read it aloud (something I couldn't do on my normal train commute though.)

I didn't find the story as wowing as some of his comic stuff. It's probably one of those books I'll have to reread to better appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    I love it Bugens! I've been considering making the purchase of the numbered edition, but have been a bit gun shy. Love Moore, but am uncertain if I will enjoy a full length book from him.

Thank you guys, I'm really happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Fantastic! Would live to see some interior photo's.
    Martin unfortunately there isn't much more art to the interior. Actually my kindle version had more, though not the complicated DJ picture. I've snapped a couple more pics for you:

SAM_1658.jpg

SAM_1659.JPG

SAM_1662.JPG
    -John Barth

Book looks great! I will say that I enjoy reading your reviews and adding pics of the books would def give it great value

Thanks Julzz, I appreciate you saying.

Just updated The Ruins with some pics and I think it does make for more complete overview, especially when the physical book in question has some real quality to it. This was one of the books that was very expensive from the get-go, then CD removed the traycase, and I had mixed feelings about it. I liked that they gave customers the option for a refund when they announced about the traycases, and considered it, but in the end I'm glad I kept the book. It's a hell of a horror story and a very nice production.
    -John Barth

Thank you guys, I'm really happy with it.

Martin unfortunately there isn't much more art to the interior. Actually my kindle version had more, though not the complicated DJ picture. I've snapped a couple more pics for you:

SAM_1658.jpg

SAM_1659.JPG

SAM_1662.JPG
    Thanks for the additional photos.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar

Just updated The Ruins with some pics and I think it does make for more complete overview, especially when the physical book in question has some real quality to it. This was one of the books that was very expensive from the get-go, then CD removed the traycase, and I had mixed feelings about it. I liked that they gave customers the option for a refund when they announced about the traycases, and considered it, but in the end I'm glad I kept the book. It's a hell of a horror story and a very nice production.
    I agree 100%. I love both of the Scott Smith lettered editions. CD did a heck of job with them!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication jhanic's Avatar
    My latest:

Limitation page (initialed by Michael Alpert):

John

Some people know that I "discovered" Joe R Lansdale last year after purchasing the Humble Bundle of Subterranean Press ebooks. Ever since then, I've been on a slow trek of acquiring copies of all of his books. The tricky part for me is that while I want to collect what he's written, and I'm only doing it for the content not the format, it is very difficult not to spend a small fortune doing this because it seems like almost every book of his has had a special edition done on it. $10 for a signed trade hardcover 1st, or $90 for the CD/Sub version . . . so tempting still!

But luckily I've controlled myself (for the most part,) and it's not like his signature is hard to come by (he's very similar to Joe Hill on that aspect.)

Last week, I acquired 16 books (not all Lansdale,) and another Lansdale one arrived this morning.

Two of the Lansdale books that I got last week came from a killer sale that PS was having. For £10 each (ended up being about $43 after shipping,) I got signed/numbered copies of Edge of Dark Water and Trapped in the Saturday Matinee. Cover price on both of these were a combined £$109.98. I can't complain at the price I paid!

lansdale_edge.jpg lansdale_saturday.jpg

My Lansdale shelf is coming along nicely - and I'm quickly running out of room.
    lansdale_1.jpg lansdale_2.jpg lansdale_3.jpg

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Looking good, Jason! Congrats!