Page 198 of 201 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,960 of 4006

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I do not still have everything I received but I believe I still have several of the old Cemetery Dance newsletter they used to send out.
    thats super cool

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    The Forgotten Squadron: The 449th Fighter Squadron in World War II by Daniel Jackson. This World War II military history book is trippy. The features: Nice marbled endpapers, high resolution photos printed directly onto the inside sides (left front and right back) of the book plus the dustjacket's description of the book with the photos. In the middle of the book I found a huge bookmark from Schiffer Publishing Ltd. I got it from hamiltonbook.com I was curious why the lowest price was $29.95 + tax + shipping from hamiltonbook.com Now I know why. I'd been looking for a history of the Flying Tigers that was not a 300 + page book. While not a complete history of the Flying Tigers The Forgotten Squadron: The 449th Fighter Squadron in World War II may be adequate. I purchased a $5.99 DVD-R documentary on eBay supposedly about the Flying Tigers. That DVD-R was a disappointment.

Cap
    Last edited by c marvel; 06-07-2019 at 08:58 PM.
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

I purchased By No Mortal Hand by Daniel McGachey. The cover art is really beautiful. I read that By No Mortal Hand is a fine example of Jamesian ghostly fiction and I thought what is Jamesian ghostly fiction? I know now. I did read the author's collection from Dark Regions Press - They That Dwell In Dark Places and loved that book. Below is the cover to By No Mortal Hand. ~Cap
    174--65-mcgachey_by_no_mortal_hand.jpg
    Last edited by c marvel; 06-28-2019 at 02:49 AM.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    I purchased By No Mortal Hand by Daniel McGachey. The cover art is really beautiful. I read that By No Mortal Hand is a fine example of Jamesian ghostly fiction and I thought what is Jamesian ghostly fiction? I know now. I did read the author's collection from Dark Regions Press - They That Dwell In Dark Places and loved that book. Below is the cover to By No Mortal Hand. ~Cap
    I'm assuming M.R. James??

You got it. Give that man a prize! ~Cap
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    I'm assuming M.R. James??

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Those who enjoy Jamesian fiction would be well-served to explore the catalogue of offerings from (the now defunct) Ash Tree Press...lots of good stuff to be had.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    This looks interesting. I'm not familiar with Sarob Press. How's the quality of their books?

I only have one book from Sarob Press, a collection by David Niall Wilson. I purchased Defining Moments before Sarob Press shut their doors for a few years. Defining Moments is a nicely produced book. I think it was issued without a dustjacket. By No Mortal Hand is the first Sarob Press title I've purchased since they started publishing books again. ~Cap
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    This looks interesting. I'm not familiar with Sarob Press. How's the quality of their books?

I have Michael Chislett's In the City of Ghost's, I've also ordered his new collection, Where Shadows Gather. The book I have is on the small side, well put together, it reminds me of the books that Swan River publishes.

I only have one book from Sarob Press, a collection by David Niall Wilson. I purchased Defining Moments before Sarob Press shut their doors for a few years. Defining Moments is a nicely produced book. I think it was issued without a dustjacket. By No Mortal Hand is the first Sarob Press title I've purchased since they started publishing books again. ~Cap
    I have Michael Chislett's In the City of Ghost's, I've also ordered his new collection, Where Shadows Gather. The book I have is on the small side, well put together, it reminds me of the books that Swan River publishes.
    Thanks for the info. I haven't much experience with Sarob or Swan River, though I keep being tempted when I see them show up on Camelot Books's home page for preorder. I was also recently tempted by this book from Undertow: http://undertowpublications.com/the-...l-look-strange. I'm just not a fan of bookplates so I've held off.

I also have two Swan River Press titles. The House On The Borderland by William Hope Hodgson (Signed w. CD) and The Bleeding Horse And Other Ghost Stories (Comes w. bonus chapbook and other goodies). I'm also a patron of the Swan River Press at the $35 "Diamond Lens" level. ~Cap
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Thanks for the info. I haven't much experience with Sarob or Swan River, though I keep being tempted when I see them show up on Camelot Books's home page for preorder. I was also recently tempted by this book from Undertow: http://undertowpublications.com/the-...l-look-strange. I'm just not a fan of bookplates so I've held off.

A delivery from Camelot!
    Small.jpg
    Bed Time.jpg
    BZ.jpg

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    A delivery from Camelot!
    Nice! I love that cover art for The Buzzard Zone!

Who is the publisher of Not To Be Taken At Bed-Time & Other Strange Stories? ~Cap

A delivery from Camelot!
    Small.jpg
    Bed Time.jpg
    BZ.jpg

A delivery from Camelot!
    Small.jpg
    Bed Time.jpg
    BZ.jpg
    Nice adds! SMALL KINGDOMS sounded interesting and I've been eyeing THE BUZZARD ZONE. That's a roundabout way of saying that I'm envious of your new books!

LOL. This is what happens because I don't buy much King, it frees my cash flow for smaller things. I'm actually building the R. Kelly, see what I did there, collection, so I can sell it to Ron at immense profit, the money going towards my nursing home fund HAHHA!!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    LOL. This is what happens because I don't buy much King, it frees my cash flow for smaller things. I'm actually building the R. Kelly, see what I did there, collection, so I can sell it to Ron at immense profit, the money going towards my nursing home fund HAHHA!!
    Too funny...I just in fact replied to brlesh r.e. his mention that he was tiring of Kelly but still had the Thunderstorm Ronald Kelly Essentials volumes...well now, I thought, if those need a new home at a reasonable price, well then I might be able to help with that... ;-).

Let us know what you think of THE BUZZARD ZONE. I was sorely tempted by that one, but ultimately my aversion to zombies got the better of me.

I am so sick of zombies, get a friggin flame thrower already.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Lincoln's Avatar
    Recently picked up this beautiful copy of Ramsey's 'Midnight Sun'. Signed and dated in the month of publication.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    Slipcase for Elevation arrived today. I must say, these slipcases sure do make ordinary books look extraordinary. It's always a pleasant surprise when something arrives that you don't remember ordering. It's like Christmas!

ELEVATION SLIPCASE.jpg