Page 139 of 201 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 4006

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication

And a little more Shining

Just trying to show all the illustrations.

DSCN0135.jpg

DSCN0136.jpg

DSCN0137.jpg

DSCN0138.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Absolutely love it! Thanks for taking the pictures.

Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    Very nice, thank you!
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    I am trying to not buy this. Your photos are not helping me. Looks like a very nice book, thanks for showing the images. For those like me who are debating it does appear that Folio Society has a discount code 'PT10' that will take 10% off the price.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I am trying to not buy this. Your photos are not helping me. Looks like a very nice book, thanks for showing the images. For those like me who are debating it does appear that Folio Society has a discount code 'PT10' that will take 10% off the price.
    I am, too -- but those photos are making it tough. It's a far more impressive book than I'd thought it'd be. But between the Sub Press HC and now the CD edition (that I'm also trying to steer clear of since I have the Sub Press volume), it's truly a book I don't need. And yet, and yet...

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    I am, too -- but those photos are making it tough. It's a far more impressive book than I'd thought it'd be. But between the Sub Press HC and now the CD edition (that I'm also trying to steer clear of since I have the Sub Press volume), it's truly a book I don't need. And yet, and yet...
    I'm in the same boat as both of you guys. Thanks, Dave! lol. It really is a very nice looking book. It's getting a lot of play as well over on the TDT forum. I've read that there are issues with the slipcases arriving with bumped corners and that Folio is replacing them without requesting a return. If you guys aren't looking for a perfect copy; I'm thinking some damaged ones will probably start to show up on the aftermarket soon.

The other nice thing about buying the book is that it gives you a chance to win a signed copy. That would be nice!
    Last edited by Dave1442397; 05-27-2016 at 04:16 PM.

Junior Member Visitor Cryptkeeper's Avatar
    Does anyone know how many copies of the Folio Society's Shinning they're printing?

Completely off topic. Ron are you going to make it to Powell's tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    The other nice thing about buying the book is that it gives you a chance to win a signed copy. That would be nice!
    I entered the freebie drawing.

Not really, Martin. I'm sure a purchase will be made there .

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Funny you should ask...I was halfway there today -- in Napavine, by the Uncle Sam billboard -- when my dog that I took along as a lark became ill with intestinal issues. Cleaned it up, but then had to turn around and go back home as it seemed to be a persistent condition. She's better now, but it aborted my trip today. Am debating whether or not to head out again tomorrow morning (and the dog stays home with my wife and kids this time). It's 50/50 right now. What's your guess on Memorial Day traffic on Saturday...it was brutal today, heading south, but not sure if it'll be repeated tomorrow or if most travelers got an early Friday start and tomorrow will be smooth sailing...

Funny you should ask...I was halfway there today -- in Napavine, by the Uncle Sam billboard -- when my dog that I took along as a lark became ill with intestinal issues. Cleaned it up, but then had to turn around and go back home as it seemed to be a persistent condition. She's better now, but it aborted my trip today. Am debating whether or not to head out again tomorrow morning (and the dog stays home with my wife and kids this time). It's 50/50 right now. What's your guess on Memorial Day traffic on Saturday...it was brutal today, heading south, but not sure if it'll be repeated tomorrow or if most travelers got an early Friday start and tomorrow will be smooth sailing...
    Bummer man. Hope your dog is doing better. I would guess traffic would be much lighter Saturday than Friday, assuming people left Friday to get to their destinations. With that said I have gotten stuck in that I5 corridor at some times when I did not expect it..

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly frik51's Avatar
    I am trying to not buy this. Your photos are not helping me. Looks like a very nice book, thanks for showing the images.
    +1
    Thanks for posting the illustrations, Dave.
    Hope I can resist the temptation.

sk

I figured I might push some of you off the fence I had bought my first two Folio Society books last month, so I knew The Shining would be a quality book. I'm glad I bought it.

Picked up a reading copy of The Fireman today for myself and a little Lovecraft for the kid:

IMG_2162.jpgIMG_2164.jpg
    IMG_2166.jpgIMG_2167.jpg
    IMG_2169.jpgIMG_2170.jpg

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    This weekend I got to introduce a dear friend and her husband to the wonder that is Tacoma Book Center. TBC is this amazing used bookstore in Tacoma that I feel is a secret, even from the locals. I also feel that it surpasses Powell's down in Portland. Fighting words I know, but I have found more treasures here that filled in holes in my collection.

This weekend was no different. I acquired a 10th printing of Carrie (yeah yeah, I now - but it's better than whatever printing I currently had,) what is probably the 3rd printing to The Shining (S14 in the gutter, so definitely an early printing at least,) and a pretty decent shape 1st printing of IT. Plus I found these - and I wasn't even looking for them - they were literally on the top of a bookshelf that just so happened to be in my line of sight. I have no idea why I even looked at this shelf, but there they were.

CjwXo9OUYAIrnaf.jpg

For those of you aren't familiar with these books, but these were written VERY early in Joe Lansdale's career, and recently published in a gorgeous collection from Subterranean. One of them doesn't even appear to have been read before. And only $3 each. I think they were a steal.

And then we went to The Red Hot for craft beer, gourmet hot dogs, and no jerks. Pretty sweet Sunday.

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Sounds like a great day and a nice haul. Coincidentally just started my first Lansdale novel myself; a paperback copy of Cold in July I picked a couple of weeks ago at a used book store.

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    The edge of a valley in the middle of a desert.
    Got a few slip cases in today for Ready Player One and The Martian. Don't yet have a 1st/1st of RPO.

It's hard to tell but the lettering on the far left Martian is a holographic foil.

Last edited by Joe315; 06-01-2016 at 04:44 AM.

Nice, Joe! Looks like some of Jeff's handy work .