Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    You know it's one helluva Good Day when you go out bookstore hopping because two of the larger used bookstores in your area are both having a 40% Off weekend sale....and then incredibly you find there (along with a few pbs) two signed/limited HCs that you've been wanting for quite some time (especially the Hautala), each still at cover price (but then minus the 40%)...and you have a $80 rebate Visa gift card in your wallet that covers the cost of all your books and leaves you just enough for a treat and drink at Starbuck's afterward.

AMAZING day.

Comment

You know it's one helluva Good Day when you go out bookstore hopping because two of the larger used bookstores in your area are both having a 40% Off weekend sale....and then incredibly you find there (along with a few pbs) two signed/limited HCs that you've been wanting for quite some time (especially the Hautala), each still at cover price (but then minus the 40%)...and you have a $80 rebate Visa gift card in your wallet that covers the cost of all your books and leaves you just enough for a treat and drink at Starbuck's afterward.

Great Day!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        AMAZING day.
        Originally posted by Martin View Post
        Great Day!
        Amazing, great, and outstanding!

Seeing that rather scarce Hautala collection on the shelf at a local used bookstore -- and at cover price and then 40% off, no less -- just about bowled me over. Talk about a double-take...
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Btw, I left behind a helluva deal on another S/L Cemetery Dance book...still trying to convince myself that it was the right thing to do.

A signed (four or five pages of signatures) and slipcased copy of the BIG BOOK OF NECON...priced at $50...then minus 40%...$30 and it coulda been mine. But, no, I told myself, I already have the trade edition, and you don't go to Cons -- let alone Necon -- so spending $30 to upgrade to the deluxe edition would be silly. That's what I told myself....and for some reason I believed it.

If I didn't have something else going on tomorrow, I'd probably shoot down there mull it over again in person. Oh well, I have Hautala and Lumley to assuage my sorrow...

Comment

Btw, I left behind a helluva deal on another S/L Cemetery Dance book...still trying to convince myself that it was the right thing to do.

A signed (four or five pages of signatures) and slipcased copy of the BIG BOOK OF NECON...priced at $50...then minus 40%...$30 and it coulda been mine. But, no, I told myself, I already have the trade edition, and you don't go to Cons -- let alone Necon -- so spending $30 to upgrade to the deluxe edition would be silly. That's what I told myself....and for some reason I believed it.

If I didn't have something else going on tomorrow, I'd probably shoot down there mull it over again in person. Oh well, I have Hautala and Lumley to assuage my sorrow...
            I need to identify some good bookstores in my area . . .

Comment

Well done Ron!!

Comment

Recently I acquired a couple of "semi-holy grails" for my collections -

First, the gold version of The Black Axe from Mouse Guard:
                IMG_7310.jpg

Now I'm only missing one weapon that Skelton Crew did - Delvin's Shield (which was a made to order piece so I'm always keeping my eyes open for this to show up one day.)

And then just the other day - I FINALLY acquired a copy of Sub Press's Veil's Visit from Joe Lansdale and Andrew Vachss. There's almost always one or two copies on eBay and Abe, but at $300 (usually) they're just too pricey for my budget. Well, a week or so ago, someone put one up on eBay as an auction, and I got it for a screamin' deal, so I'm happy about that.
                PEYZ3472.jpg

Comment

Congrats, Jason!

Comment

Congrats, Jason… I’m going to have to update my book database for Veil’s Visit, as I had no idea it had gotten to that price level. Thanks for the heads up! :-)

Comment

Congrats, Jason… I’m going to have to update my book database for Veil’s Visit, as I had no idea it had gotten to that price level. Thanks for the heads up! :-)
                      Thanks! And of course!

There's one currently on eBay for $300 BIN - WAY overpriced as far as I'm concerned. It's not even the hardcover version . . .

I don't think they're worth that cost - but every time they're listed, people keep asking that price for some reason but it never seems to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                        Recently I acquired a couple of "semi-holy grails" for my collections -

First, the gold version of The Black Axe from Mouse Guard:
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]21118[/ATTACH]

Now I'm only missing one weapon that Skelton Crew did - Delvin's Shield (which was a made to order piece so I'm always keeping my eyes open for this to show up one day.)

And then just the other day - I FINALLY acquired a copy of Sub Press's Veil's Visit from Joe Lansdale and Andrew Vachss. There's almost always one or two copies on eBay and Abe, but at $300 (usually) they're just too pricey for my budget. Well, a week or so ago, someone put one up on eBay as an auction, and I got it for a screamin' deal, so I'm happy about that.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]21119[/ATTACH]
                        Congratulations, great finds!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                          Congrats, Jason!
                          Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          Congratulations, great finds!
                          Thank you both!

Comment

WOW CONGRATS!

Comment

$300?!? I guess I shouldn't have given my copy away a few years ago....
                              Last edited by goathunter; 11-19-2018, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by goathunter View Post
                                $300?!? I guess I shouldn't have given my away a few years ago....
                                That’s why I feel so good for getting my copy for what I did.

Comment

Working...
                                X