No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muse by James Renner. when I saw this was a novella I wanted it. I probably could have gotten it for even less-I wasn't in the mood to wait a few days to see how the auction I saw wound up. I still got a great deal on Muse.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

I found a S/L Centipede Press release w. a remarque. I checked on Addall.com and was stunned to see this particular book reselling for well over $200 on the secondary market. I paid just over $50 so I'm thinking I made a big score.

Cap

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
        I found a S/L Centipede Press release w. a remarque. I checked on Addall.com and was stunned to see this particular book reselling for well over $200 on the secondary market. I paid just over $50 so I'm thinking I made a big score.

Cap
        That IS a huge score! Hell, even without a remarque, that price is very low for a Centipede title on the secondary market.

Can you please post photos when you have the book in hand?

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post

Cap
          Which book is it?
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
            Which book is it?
            I didn't have time to reply to you Ron until just now. This morning turned out to be busier for me than I thought. The book is His Name Was Death by Fredric Brown. My mistake, I see a copy for $135 at Addall and another copy for over $400.

Cap

Comment

Nice score -- that book for $50 is a real steal!

Comment

Why can I never find deals like this?

/studiously ignores all the lettered editions he's found for <$75

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  Nice score -- that book for $50 is a real steal!
                  Thanks Ron! When you tell me that I know for sure I got a good deal. It was nice I found a 10% off discount code to bring the total price to just over $50.

Cap

Comment

The new one by Grady Hendrix just arrived (and given that his tour was cancelled, a bit uncommon that it's a signed example):

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...483548161?s=20

Comment

Not a new purchase - but a new presentation.

At the 2018 and 2019 ECCC, I picked up a bunch of Mouse Guard pins, and over the last couple of years, I've tracked down a bunch of the replica weapons that Sketon Crew did (yes, the same guys that do all the Locke & Key keys . . .) with the intention of figuring out how to display them.

Last year, my wife got me two shadowboxes (birthday I believe,) but I haven't been able to use them since I couldn't figure out how to get all the pieces together.

Well, something clicked yesterday, and now I have two complete shadowboxes full of pins and weapons.

At first everything was going to be on plain white foam board, but then my wife mentioned she has a bunch of patterned paper for card making and other scrap booking needs. We found a pattern that looked like something David Petersen would have drawn himself. Since the paper wasn't large enough to cover the entirety of the foam board, we had to cut it down to size and center it on the foam board.
                      IMG_1863.jpg

And then we went through the laborious task of layout, but I think we ended up doing a good job:
                      IMG_1865.jpg IMG_1881.jpg

Overall, I think they turned out really well all put together.
                      IMG_1867.jpg IMG_1883.jpg
                      (Excuse the glare.)

Comment

Those look great!!

Comment

Great work, guys!

Comment

I paid frankly way too much for the Grim Oak Press S/N edition of Shadowed Souls.

All so I can get a copy of their edition of Storm Front later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                              Not a new purchase - but a new presentation.

At the 2018 and 2019 ECCC, I picked up a bunch of Mouse Guard pins, and over the last couple of years, I've tracked down a bunch of the replica weapons that Sketon Crew did (yes, the same guys that do all the Locke & Key keys . . .) with the intention of figuring out how to display them.

Last year, my wife got me two shadowboxes (birthday I believe,) but I haven't been able to use them since I couldn't figure out how to get all the pieces together.

Well, something clicked yesterday, and now I have two complete shadowboxes full of pins and weapons.

At first everything was going to be on plain white foam board, but then my wife mentioned she has a bunch of patterned paper for card making and other scrap booking needs. We found a pattern that looked like something David Petersen would have drawn himself. Since the paper wasn't large enough to cover the entirety of the foam board, we had to cut it down to size and center it on the foam board.
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]22140[/ATTACH]

And then we went through the laborious task of layout, but I think we ended up doing a good job:
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]22141[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]22142[/ATTACH]

Overall, I think they turned out really well all put together.
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]22143[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]22144[/ATTACH]
                              (Excuse the glare.)
                              Those look fantastic. I am always impressed with the work Skelton Crew puts out.

Comment

For the past few years I've been looking for the BE Trice limited of Clive Barker's Galilee. Copies are usually stupidly expensive, but my years of obsessive looking finally paid off, and I got a sealed copy at a lower price than I've ever seen it listed for. Once again obsessive searching pays off.

Comment

Working...
                                X