Page 160 of 201 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 4005

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    My photographic skills are lacking to the say the least (although I have take some mean shots of fish before,) so i didn't even try . . .

But today my copy of the Eyes of the Dragon portfolio arrived. This is possibly the most beautiful edition of anything that I have purchased before. Even the shipping box is immaculate - so much time and attention was paid to getting everything perfect. Thankfully, as the packing notice said, Flagg did a great job.

I don't recall if Paul is on these boards (I know he's TDT,) but congrats sir. Take a bow.

(I also got my 2017 Gold Cup US Soccer jersey today - the portfolio barely nudges my chubby butt in a soccer jersey out of first place.)

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    I like him a lot. Just a a literary utility player, churning out triples, just missing the grand slam, but so many great stories! I was real saddened by his passing. I really enjoy his westerns.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    I nearly lost it yesterday when I got Camelot's newsletter because that's the first copy of Nether I've seen for sale, ever.

So now I have a copy of Nether on it's way to me .

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Interesting. I'd never heard of that book. Though I somewhat familiar with the brothers.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Interesting. I'd never heard of that book. Though I somewhat familiar with the brothers.
    It's their individual collections Honey is Sweeter Than Blood (Jeffrey) and Shadows of Flesh (Scott) combined, with a bonus story they cowrote.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    I nearly lost it yesterday when I got Camelot's newsletter because that's the first copy of Nether I've seen for sale, ever.

So now I have a copy of Nether on it's way to me .
    Congratulations! That is a heck of an addition!

I received my newest addition last night and I couldn't be happier!

I was perusing Dark Region's latest Kickstarter and was debating about whether or not to pull the trigger on their newest book, when I saw a perk for the their last PC copy of the Ultra-Deluxe edition of Clive Barker's The Midnight Meat Train: The Definitive Edition for only $500, originally priced at $1300. Couple this great deal with the fact that they were offering matching gift certificates for any new/increased donation of $66 or more and this was a given.

I didn't know what to expect as I've never owned a book that retailed in that price range before and was hesitant that it wouldn't live up to the very few pictures I've seen of it. I can now say without a doubt this is one fantastic edition. For one, the book is BIG (I've included a picture comparing it to CD's AE of Salem's Lot for height comparison) and heavy. You can feel every dollar in the heft of the book. It's also bound in (I'm assuming) leather simulating reptile skin and has a New York subway token embedded in the front cover.

The outside of the traycase is plain save for the red embossing on the side, but it is solid.

IMG_0609.jpgIMG_0595.jpgIMG_0594.jpgIMG_0610.jpg

Here are four more pictures of the Ultra Deluxe edition of Clive Barker's The Midnight Meat Train: The Definitive Edition:

The first is of the endpapers which are beautiful, followed by the signature page with a custom doodle from Clive Barker himself. Finally, two pictures of the inside of the traycase.

This is by far one of the nicest editions that I've owned and Dark Regions did a phenomenal job!
    IMG_0596.jpgIMG_0600.jpgIMG_0593.jpgIMG_0602.jpg

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    WOW. Gorgeous!

VERY cool. Love the endpapers and leather binding, but I think the doodle is the coolest part. Big congrats on a great addition to your collection.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TJCams's Avatar
    No pic yet, but found a paperback copy of Best Of Cemetery Dance Vol I at my local used book shop! Was surprised to see it, so grabbed it, as I don't have the first release version. Publisher was ROC though. Anyway....couldn't pass it up!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Just received the new LITTLE BOOK, this time featuring Joe Hill and entitled A LITTLE SILVER BOOK OF SHARP SHINY SLIVERS.

Looks like some very interesting non-fiction, most (all?) of which I don't believe I've read, so this will be a real treat, as opposed to some LITTLE BOOKs that tend (understandably) to be very familiar "best of" reprint collections.

I received my copy of the Joe Hill "Little Book" as well and I'm curious to dig into it. Typically, I'm not a big non-fiction fan, but I thoroughly enjoyed Jack Ketchum's Little Emereld Book of Ephemera so I'm willing to give this a shot.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Mike88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Here are four more pictures of the Ultra Deluxe edition of Clive Barker's The Midnight Meat Train: The Definitive Edition:

The first is of the endpapers which are beautiful, followed by the signature page with a custom doodle from Clive Barker himself. Finally, two pictures of the inside of the traycase.

This is by far one of the nicest editions that I've owned and Dark Regions did a phenomenal job!
    IMG_0596.jpgIMG_0600.jpgIMG_0593.jpgIMG_0602.jpg
    Holy Hell! That is one awesome looking book. I am very envious. Very sweet addition. Congrats!

Mike

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Jude Confronts Global Warming (2007) Subterranean Press online magazine, spring issue-Might be the only reprint there. I'm looking forward to returning through my copy as well.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Concur, Keith! Very nice add!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Just a few adds. The Gorman set I picked up from Camelot Books. The Blackburn books, Scent of New-Mown Hay and Bury Him Darkly are from Centipede Press.
    IMG_0770.jpg IMG_0771.jpg

Nice adds everyone!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    I debated those Blackburn books. His work has all the hallmarks of fiction that I should enjoy…yet the two I’ve read by him in the past have left me a bit cold, their style too formal, too distant in voice, perhaps, to really click. Not really sure why, given that such stylistic obstacles don’t normally create such a firewall for me. But I’m not ready to throw in the towel…I suspect my prior choices have simply been poorly selected. So I’m very likely going to take the Blackburn plunge – past experiences be damned – and am fairly confident I’ll be rewarded for doing so, because, again, his stuff *should* be right up my alley…

Glad to see Ed Gorman get some love...his work -- especially his short fiction -- is incredible.

Nice adds.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    I bought the Blackburn set and I'm currently reading A Scent of New-Mown Hay. I really like it so far. Not anything I normally read, but thoroughly enjoyable.