X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice!!! Looks comfy!

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
      This was purchased a couple of weeks ago, but it was finally delivered this morning:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21471[/ATTACH]
      (Ignore the boxes - I’m still trying to unpack and organize - while I gained square footage, I’m still coming to terms with moving from a three bedroom house with a garage and attic to moving into a two bedroom apartment.)

When we moved, we tossed our old couch, so I’ve been sitting in an uncomfortable, but serviceable IKEA chair, and I’ve always wanted proper theater seating. Power recline FTW!
      Very posh!

Comment

Cap, this one is for you. Found this first edition of Monster Midway William Lindsay Gresham, 1953, at the thrift store. It's been out in the world, but still in pretty good shape.

RS 2.jpg
        try.JPG
        RS3.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
          Cap, this one is for you. Found this first edition of Monster Midway William Lindsay Gresham, 1953, at the thrift store. It's been out in the world, but still in pretty good shape.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21500[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]21502[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]21501[/ATTACH]
          I want to claw at the monitor but restrain myself. I've seen that cover. I have the yellow Gollancz dustjacket. I love the blue with white polka dot endpapers.

Cap
          Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

I've had these for awhile but I thought I would post them. I bought the slipcases from Centipede a few years ago. Two boxes, they have really come in handy. I threw in a random book shelf picture just because.
            RES 1.JPG
            SLPC.JPG
            Num 3.JPG

Comment

Nice set.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

The Vintage Horror books look great in that slipcase.

Comment

I actually found this site when I was reading Monster Midway. I can't recall if I posted about it here. IMO, this is cool. Check it out. ~Cap

https://www.dustjackets.com/advSearc...monster+midway
                    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Very nice set. Always love the Howard books too!

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                        I actually found this site when I was reading Monster Midway. I can't recall if I posted about it here. IMO, this is cool. Check it out. ~Cap

https://www.dustjackets.com/advSearc...monster+midway
                        That is pretty neat!

Comment

Howard and I go way back to the Lancer editions with the Frazetta covers. But I really didn't begin to appreciate him until the Zebra Paperback editions came out in the mid 70s. The Jeff Jones Covers were fantastic. Pigeons From Hell was the first one I bought, introducing me to Howard's Horror work. That Zebra series was amazing, Sowers of Thunder, The Book of Robert E. Howard Vols 1&2. There are more expensive editions but none that mean so much to me on a personal level. The University of Nebraska put out a short series, that Featured a great Collection called, The Black Stranger And Other American Tales, if you ever come upon it, pick it up. The Hardback edition is kind of pricey, but there is a paperback edition. I know Howard is some what under a cloud because his material represent the racist attitudes of his time and place, Texas in the 20-30s, but his writing is so good, some genres, so much fun.

Comment

Howard and I go way back to the Lancer editions with the Frazetta covers. But I really didn't begin to appreciate him until the Zebra Paperback editions came out in the mid 70s. The Jeff Jones Covers were fantastic. Pigeons From Hell was the first one I bought, introducing me to Howard's Horror work. That Zebra series was amazing, Sowers of Thunder, The Book of Robert E. Howard Vols 1&2. There are more expensive editions but none that mean so much to me on a personal level. The University of Nebraska put out a short series, that Featured a great Collection called, The Black Stranger And Other American Tales, if you ever come upon it, pick it up. The Hardback edition is kind of pricey, but there is a paperback edition. I know Howard is some what under a cloud because his material represent the racist attitudes of his time and place, Texas in the 20-30s, but his writing is so good, some genres, so much fun.
                            Honestly compared to his contemporaries, Lovecraft, or even Burroughs, Howard isn't that racist. I feel like some of his characters and stories may even be a bit progressive, considering the time and place that he lived. Nonetheless that doesn't make him exempt, his ideas on race are definitely outdated.

Comment

I've had these for awhile but I thought I would post them. I bought the slipcases from Centipede a few years ago. Two boxes, they have really come in handy. I threw in a random book shelf picture just because.
                              Love the vintage horror set! I missed out on the first three and I thought Cellars was fantastic.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X