Page 200 of 202 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202 LastLast
Results 3,981 to 4,000 of 4036

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Nice Add Dan!

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Congratulations Dan, that is a gorgeous edition!

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Picked up this bad boy this morning. It's in pretty great shape.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0tc1U_p..._web_copy_link
    Didn't know this leather edition existed.Looks so good. Now I want it as well lol. I shall search for it. I think the easton press one that I have seen are separate books some being signed, and they are somewhat very pricey and very hard to find.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hitchhikers...UAAOSwUl5bEird

There is one other i believe which you are talking about. That one i saw on ebay selling for 300$.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Ultimat...oAAOSwKlhdN3wy
    Last edited by WebInterceptor; 08-04-2019 at 06:08 AM.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Picked up this bad boy this morning. It's in pretty great shape.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0tc1U_p..._web_copy_link
    Nice grab!

Got a notice from Camelot, Cardinal Black by Robert McCammon and Where Shadows Gather by Michael Chislett are on the way!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    In today's mail The Wide, Carnivorous Sky and Other Monstrous Geographies by John Lanagan (Trade hardcover edition). I took advantage of the Summer Sale of Dark Regions Press. I had two discount codes (Both used successfully) and got this beauty for just over $10. Without a doubt this is the nicest trade hardcover or paperback edition it's been my privelege to own. Kudos to Dark Regions Press. They knocked this one out of the ballpark.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Got this from Kim today. Looking forward to reading it. The cover is really beautiful. The scan doesn't do it justice. It's from a painting called Downriver.

Chislett.jpg
    Last edited by mhatchett; 08-19-2019 at 11:42 PM.

I actually bought something today that I think is a historically significant piece of horror genre . I paid $245.00 for it, which for me is a pretty big purchase for a single item, but I couldn't pass it up. I had to share it with Y'all because no one in my "real life" would get it. I don't have it in hand yet, i'll share it fully once it comes. I think it's so cool. It is a book, that's all I'm going to share for right now. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by mhatchett; 08-28-2019 at 10:31 PM.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Can’t wait to see it, Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    I actually bought something today that I think is a historically significant piece of horror genre . I paid $245.00 for it, which for me is a pretty big purchase for a single item, but I couldn't pass it up. I had to share it with Y'all because no one in my "real life" would get it. I don't have it in hand yet, i'll share it fully once it comes. I think it's so cool. It is a book, that's all I'm going to share for right now. Stay tuned.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Ya big tease!! Congrats on the purchase and I will be waiting (im)patiently to see what it is!

I do owe Y'all something after that. This neat promotional flyer from Donald Grant circa 2003 arrived today. Enjoy!
    RB 1.jpg
    RB 2.jpg
    RB 3.jpg
    RB 4.jpg

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Added a decent copy of The Road:

The Road.jpg

I also picked up a signed copy of Paradox Bound by Peter Clines:

Paradox Cover.jpg

Paradox Sig.jpg

Those are nice!

Thanks! I'm very happy with The Road and I don't think many people read Peter Clines but I like his work a lot.

Those are nice!

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Nice adds!

Thank you very much! This is mostly the type of stuff I buy anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Nice adds!

Well here it is guys, my mystery book, Stephen Jones and Kim Newman’s Horror: 100 Best Books first edition, 1988, #270/300, signed by approximately 80 contributors, some that I can even make out, Stephen King is supposed to it there somewhere. I’ve always thought this is a great book. I’ve referred back to my trusty paperback many times over the years. Joe Lansdale’s entry on Ray Bradbury’s October Country is a particular favorite. It was a lot of money to spend on a book, but a pence to spend for a piece of history….80 signatures, couldn’t pass it up. And the photos won't load, I'll try again later.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    Well here it is guys, my mystery book, Stephen Jones and Kim Newman’s Horror: 100 Best Books first edition, 1988, #270/300, signed by approximately 80 contributors, some that I can even make out, Stephen King is supposed to it there somewhere. I’ve always thought this is a great book. I’ve referred back to my trusty paperback many times over the years. Joe Lansdale’s entry on Ray Bradbury’s October Country is a particular favorite. It was a lot of money to spend on a book, but a pence to spend for a piece of history….80 signatures, couldn’t pass it up. And the photos won't load, I'll try again later.
    It sounds fascinating! I can't wait to see the photos. Congrats on the incredible acquisition!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Hey, congrats, Mike -- that's a great one. I have that one as well -- mine's #194/300 -- and it's quite the production...the number of signing authors is staggering (I think it's around 80). Stephen King, however, is not one of the signing authors...I've seen a copy or two that where he's signed post-pub., so perhaps the previous owner of yours managed to snag his sig as well, but he wasn't one of the original ~80 signing author group, unfortunately. Congratulations again...that's a great addition!

Well, the seller told me there was King signature, but who could tell, it looks like a bunch of DRs got together and signed it HAHAH!! Hope I can load the photos soon.