Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Julzz View Post
    Excited bout these book. Will read these this month. A knight of the seven kingdom I especially excited about. This book has tons and I mean TONS of illustrations.
    Edit: Also I'm looking into HardCaseCrime (never heard of it) and it looks like they have some interesting books. Might try out a couple.

I grabbed this copy of A Knight of Seven Kingdoms as well, but since your photography skills much out weigh mine, I'll just say "ditto".

Comment

Received Children of the Black Sabbath from Centipede Press yesterday.

Jerad put together a beautiful book, as always. It is much smaller than the usual Centipede monsters, but that's okay. Great things come in small packages too! Lovely and atmospheric black and white artwork. The dust jacket is thick, heavy and gorgeous. Just a tastefully put together edition. I can't wait to receive The Drive-In and see what Jerad does for it.

Comment

Looking forward to this one myself. What a dark novel... great grab and thanks for the pics!
        “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
        -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Nice add, plasticine. And, as usual, great pics. This book has me really intrigued. I've been going back and forth on picking it up. Money is little tight right now, but Centipede books tend to get ridiculously priced on the aftermarket. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

This came in yesterday. The last of Dean Koontz Odd Series published by Charnel House Saint Odd. I now am lucky enough to have all eight in the same number. Thanks to Kim at Camelot. She got me going on the first one years ago. MikeIMG_8632.jpgIMG_8633.jpgIMG_8634.jpgIMG_8635.jpg
            Attached Files

Comment

Dude, what a sweet set! Congrats!
              “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
              -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                Dude, what a sweet set! Congrats!
                Concur!! Very nice . How much you asking for 'em LOL!! Sorry, couldn't resist

Comment

I'll have to take some pictures, but the last couple of weeks have been pretty good for some fun books:

Today: Centipede Press's edition of Joe Lansdale's The Drive-In
                  Yesterday: PS Publishing's edition of the 10th Anniversary of Joe Hill's 20th Century Ghosts
                  Tuesday: Chip Kidd's beautiful book about the art of Peanuts
                  Tuesday: Subterranean Press's edition of The Martian

Couple of weeks ago I also got the illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Soceror's Stone. This was a huge surprise. It's a big book and the artwork is incredible.

Comment

Okay - some pictures.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Illustrated Edition.

First picture is to show the size difference between the US hardcover. It's a big book.
                    HP00.jpg

And then some samples of the artwork. Every page has something happening on it. This was the biggest surprise since I had some seem of the focal pieces. I didn't realize that there was so much art included. I can't wait to see further editions (which you know that there will be more editions . . .)

HP01.jpg HP02.jpg

HP03.jpg HP04.jpg

HP05.jpg
                    Last edited by TacomaDiver; 10-31-2015, 04:19 AM.

Comment

20th Century Ghosts - 10th Anniversary

(I still wish the signed edition was more affordable, but I'll just get it signed during the inevitable book tour for The Fireman (fingers crossed Joe Hills returns to my part of the world.)

20th01.jpg
                      The slipcase is a very generic/basic blue. No writing.

20th02.jpg 20th03.jpg

20th04.jpg 20th05.jpg

Comment

Joe Lansdale's The Drive-In

A recent discover of mine (thanks to a Humble Bundle and then the obviousness (after the fact) that he wrote Bubba Ho-Tep,) I've been slowly adding his books to my collection. And I couldn't pass up a very reasonably priced edition from Centipede Press.

DI01.jpg

DI02.jpg
                        I tried to show the wonderful texture on the inside cover and the embossing on the outside cover.

DI03.jpg DI06.jpg

DI04.jpg DI05.jpg

Comment

The Martian from Sub Press

Now that the UK edition is out of my price range, I can at least say that I have a signed edition.

Little disappointed in the cover - when they announced the artist - Daniel Dociu - I was excited to see what he'd come up with because he has some really cool things. But I'm not very impressed by this one.

MAR01.jpg

MAR02.jpg MAR03.jpg

Comment

I love Peanuts. I cried when I learned that Sparky died, and I cried reading his biography.

And I love seeing the artistic process. The scribbles, the erasings, everything. (That's one of the reasons I love and appreciate the one piece of original comic book art that I own - you can see so much more of the process than the printed page allows.)

I discovered this book by watching Chip Kidd on a TED TALK. It's full of tons of close up pictures of the original artwork, lots of unused sketches and strip ideas, plus a decent historical account of Peanuts over the years.

P01.jpg
                            I love this cover. Nothing other than this linework (embossed.)

P02.jpg P03.jpg

P04.jpg P05.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                              Joe Lansdale's The Drive-In

A recent discover of mine (thanks to a Humble Bundle and then the obviousness (after the fact) that he wrote Bubba Ho-Tep,) I've been slowly adding his books to my collection. And I couldn't pass up a very reasonably priced edition from Centipede Press.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17276[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17277[/ATTACH]
                              I tried to show the wonderful texture on the inside cover and the embossing on the outside cover.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17278[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]17279[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17280[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]17281[/ATTACH]
                              So wish I'd jumped on a copy of this. Great addition and awesome pics!

Comment

This came in yesterday Neil Gaimans Prince Of Stories. The white slipcase that was made for in Laymon;s terns fits perfectly.MikeIMG_8639.jpgIMG_8639.jpgIMG_8632.jpgIMG_8633.jpgIMG_8642.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X