Page 169 of 185 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,380 of 3689

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Brian861's Avatar
    Great pick ups all!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Picked up a couple books from the recent Subterranean Press scratch-and-ding sale:

The Spencer is a S/L, the Haldeman a trade edition. Both are in excellent condition.
    Nice grabs! I was so pissed that I was too late to get a copy of THE HUNTER FROM THE WOODS. Oh the pain! The pain of it all!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Nice grabs! I was so pissed that I was too late to get a copy of THE HUNTER FROM THE WOODS. Oh the pain! The pain of it all!
    I really wanted that Bradbury chapbook they had (SKELETONS), but like your experience w/ HUNTER it was Sold Out by the time I got there.

I got I'll Bring You The Birds From Out Of The Sky by Brian Hodge w. the recently offered SAVE25 DISCOUNT. ~Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    Big fan of Weird Westerns, missed these when they came out, been on the lookout ever since. I found all four of Thunderstorm's Douglas Western series from 2 different sellers on ebay. I also picked up Dust Devils Jonathan Janz, paperback and the Thunderstorm edition.

Attachment 20255Attachment 20256
    Attachment 20257
    I really like the look of the Douglas Western books, probably my favorite from TSB. Great adds!

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour Daninsky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    Big fan of Weird Westerns, missed these when they came out, been on the lookout ever since. I found all four of Thunderstorm's Douglas Western series from 2 different sellers on ebay. I also picked up Dust Devils Jonathan Janz, paperback and the Thunderstorm edition.

Attachment 20255Attachment 20256
    Attachment 20257
    Grim Riders is one of my favorite novels that I read in 2017. Hell of a lot of fun.

So I decided to take the gamble and got in on one of Dark Region's offers: For Halloween, they did a double up offer if you preordered I Am The Abyss, it would qualify you for two of their large grab bags. Abyss is one of the books that I've been excited about from DRP and finally decided to break down and pick it up, hoping that the grab bags would either (a) be of some interest or (b) be able to resell the books to help offset the cost of Abyss. I got my books and I think I did pretty well for myself. The contents were:

Off Season by Jack Ketchum and the Limited of The Booking by Ramsey Campbell:
    IMG_0802.jpgIMG_0803.jpg

Black Wings V signed limited from PS:
    IMG_0809.jpg

The slipcased lettered edition of The Booking:
    IMG_0800.jpgIMG_0801.jpg
    Last edited by Sock Monkey; 11-18-2017 at 12:53 AM.

The remaining bits of my DRP grab bag:

The slipcased lettered edition of Bones Are Made To Be Broken by Paul Michael Anderson:
    IMG_0805.jpgIMG_0807.jpgIMG_0808.jpg

A TPB and hardcover:
    IMG_0804.jpg

I also got a Magic card and a Cthulhu Wars figure, but I'm not really into those.

While I probably could have been okay without getting two different editions of the same book, I think that the contents of the grab bag were pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Daninsky View Post
    Grim Riders is one of my favorite novels that I read in 2017. Hell of a lot of fun.
    That's been on my shelf for a bit now, I really need to get around to it.

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Looks like you did damn good with the grab bag actually! W.H. Pugmire is very enjoyable to read and a great bonus in addition to the Ketchum and Campbell books.

Senior Member Totally Insane Martin's Avatar
    Very nice Grab Bag!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Brian861's Avatar
    Congrats, Keith!

The last few weeks I've been answering the nostalgic siren song that Grady Hendrix' PAPERBACKS FROM HELL inspired, and picked up a couple hauls of those wondeful Good Ol' pbs from the '80s/'90s horror boom. No real rhyme and reason to it my selections...just whatever was available at the time and looked like it had a chance to be something I'd actually enjoy reading and not just owning. I may have one more haul coming, but if not then these two hauls may be it for some time to come, as they're getting tougher and tougher to find as time wears on and inventory churns to more modern books in those mom-and-pop shops (that are themselves getting tougher and tougher to find).

No classic horror-boom pb fans? Ahh, you all don't know what you're missing...

Anybody pick up a CD book via their 50% Black Friday offer? I snagged a copy of Jack Ketchum's short-story collection GORILLA IN THE ROOM.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar

Anybody pick up a CD book via their 50% Black Friday offer? I snagged a copy of Jack Ketchum's short-story collection GORILLA IN THE ROOM.
    I grabbed the trade editions of the three CD McCammon books and the trade edition of the father son Chizmar book. All to go with my limiteds.

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I grabbed the trade editions of the three CD McCammon books and the trade edition of the father son Chizmar book. All to go with my limiteds.
    There is a group on Facebook, Small Press Limited Book Collectors, that I have been following. Someone in that group posted about BookOutlet.com where I found and after reading some reviews purchased Grim Death And Bill The Electrocuted Criminal. It is an illustrated 1930s Pulp-style novel. At PaperbackSwap.com, I have an account there, I saw available and snagged Winds of Revolution: Time Frame AD 1700-1800 (Time Frame). I read the Time Frame series. With my PaperbackSwap account this was almost a freebie. I see there are now two books at CD Publications that I want. I am unsure if I'll take advantage of their 50% Black Friday offer.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Half off is a good deal though.

Senior Member Totally Insane Martin's Avatar

Have not bought anything yet but still may.

This is actually the worst possible time to try to beef up your collection of old horror pbs; Grady's book has caused prices to jump due to all the Johnny-come-latelys.

Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    This is actually the worst possible time to try to beef up your collection of old horror pbs; Grady's book has caused prices to jump due to all the Johnny-come-latelys.
    Yep, I'm finding that to be very true, unfortunately. Patience and luck will be my friends, I hope.