Page 204 of 206 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206 LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,080 of 4114

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Senior Member Hearing Voices TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    You guys need to find local frame places. I got a sizable print framed and matted for ~$100 and they did a great job.
    That's a good plan too.

I remember in high school, I got two prints framed by a local artist and I don't remember it being very expensive. Of course, this was a long time ago too, but to afford them both on my meager earnings from working 1-2 hours a day at Radio Shack, it couldn't have been very much.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Picked up a couple of books this weekend, courtesy of a gift card my daughters gave me for Christmas:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...535116288?s=21

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    I got a copy of the Centipede edition of Harvest Home by Thomas Tyron for Christmas.
    No if i could find a copy of "The other" by Millipede press!

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    That's a good plan too.

I remember in high school, I got two prints framed by a local artist and I don't remember it being very expensive. Of course, this was a long time ago too, but to afford them both on my meager earnings from working 1-2 hours a day at Radio Shack, it couldn't have been very much.
    In the Portland area there are a couple of independent framers who run specials on Groupon pretty regularly. You may want to check that to see if there are any offers in your area.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Neat!

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    I got a copy of the Centipede edition of Harvest Home by Thomas Tyron for Christmas.
    No if i could find a copy of "The other" by Millipede press!
    This is a rare early-number example...later numbers had a different design:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...025979392?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    This is a rare early-number example...later numbers had a different design:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...025979392?s=21
    Very cool! Where do you live?

Very cool! Where do you live?
    In a gated community surrounded by armed men in towers and a moat filled with crocodiles.

In a gated community surrounded by armed men in towers and a moat filled with crocodiles.
    So your saying it's not impossible?

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    So your saying it's not impossible?
    You'll be fine. Up here in the Northwest the crocodiles are pretty lethargic. Probably because the water is too cold.

Side story. My brother in-law used to live in McMinnville Oregon down the road from the chairman of Evergreen Aviation. Evergreen Aviation was a McMinnville based CIA front company. They evacuated the Shah of Iran and lost a plan while running drugs for the CIA in Central America. The owner had lions on his property. We could hear them roar from his backyard.

SFW.jpg
    After I picked up the Fantastic Fictioneers I decided to add to my reference collection. This is a great resource and the entries are extremely detailed and informative. The selected Bibliographies are chock full of interesting suggestions. These books are older 1985, but they are full of meaningful historical information. And they’re cheap since they are X-Library books, however since they were reference books and didn’t circulate, they are in great shape. I paid $7.00 for this set including shipping. I found a couple of other interesting sets and will post them as they arrive.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    You'll be fine. Up here in the Northwest the crocodiles are pretty lethargic. Probably because the water is too cold.

Side story. My brother in-law used to live in McMinnville Oregon down the road from the chairman of Evergreen Aviation. Evergreen Aviation was a McMinnville based CIA front company. They evacuated the Shah of Iran and lost a plan while running drugs for the CIA in Central America. The owner had lions on his property. We could hear them roar from his backyard.
    Snowfall.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    After I picked up the Fantastic Fictioneers I decided to add to my reference collection. This is a great resource and the entries are extremely detailed and informative. The selected Bibliographies are chock full of interesting suggestions. These books are older 1985, but they are full of meaningful historical information. And they’re cheap since they are X-Library books, however since they were reference books and didn’t circulate, they are in great shape. I paid $7.00 for this set including shipping. I found a couple of other interesting sets and will post them as they arrive.
    Sweet deal!

SFW.jpg
    That’s a hell of a deal, and I’m very envious. I’ve been wanting these books for as long as I can remember. I wanted them for so long, in fact, that I had kind of forgotten about them. You’ve inspired me to start searching for them again. Again, congrats, that’s a fantastic find.

That’s a hell of a deal, and I’m very envious. I’ve been wanting these books for as long as I can remember. I wanted them for so long, in fact, that I had kind of forgotten about them. You’ve inspired me to start searching for them again. Again, congrats, that’s a fantastic find.
    Ron There's a lot more of these titles available with libraries ridiculously selling off their Reference Collections. Companies like Thriftbooks are swooping in and buying entire collections for pennies, selling them for just a few dollars and making a profit. I have picked a few great reference works supper cheap. I'm sure you'll have no problem snapping something good up.

Ron There's a lot more of these titles available with libraries ridiculously selling off their Reference Collections. Companies like Thriftbooks are swooping in and buying entire collections for pennies, selling them for just a few dollars and making a profit. I have picked a few great reference works supper cheap. I'm sure you'll have no problem snapping something good up.
    That’s encouraging. I gave up a decade or so ago when prices for the two decades previous stayed relatively static at hundreds of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Snowfall.
    I believe they have made a few adaptations. American Made is another.

SFW.jpg
    Have not heard of these but they sound very interesting. Nice find!

That’s encouraging. I gave up a decade or so ago when prices for the two decades previous stayed relatively static at hundreds of dollars.
    Here's one I found Ron.
    https://www.ebay.com/i/312483845403?...26pg%3D2386202

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed goathunter's Avatar
    Wow! That's a helluva deal.

E.F.'s son Richard and I co-authored the Robert McCammon essay in the followup reference books edited by Richard.