No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I collected the elementals and the chapbooks. I have a few other titles including Clickers Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Actually Paul has a pretty diverse group of authors he works with. Kealan Patrick Burke, Ronald Kelly and Jonathan Janz are a few you may dig. They produce beautiful books and Paul is great to deal with as well.
      The ones I have are by Ronald Mafli, Sarah Pinborough, Brian Keene, Jeff Strand, Kealan P. Burke, Ronald Kelly...I think that's it. Come to think of it, looks like I have more Thunderstorm books than the six I indicated above I thought I had...guess it's probably closer to ten.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        The ones I have are by Ronald Mafli, Sarah Pinborough, Brian Keene, Jeff Strand, Kealan P. Burke, Ronald Kelly...I think that's it. Come to think of it, looks like I have more Thunderstorm books than the six I indicated above I thought I had...guess it's probably closer to ten.
        Sarah Pinborough? Interesting. I have her Earthling book They Say a Girl Died Here Once and I liked it a lot.

Comment

I bought the complete Western series and the Ron Kelly essentials a few odds and ends. Nice books all around.

Comment

Very nice; gotta love (the late) Ketchum.

Here's what showed up on my doorstep this weekend...one of 64 signed and numbered oversized hardcovers from Thunderstorm Books.

Very nice looking book. I love Jeff Strand. He really knows how to balance horror and humor better then just about anyone.

Comment

so, I now own a copy of Listen to the Echoes: The Ray Bradbury Interviews Edited by Sam Weller, signed by Ray Bradbury to Charlton Heston...Life is so weird LOL!!Listen to the Echoes.jpg
              Last edited by mhatchett; 06-12-2018, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                the Ron Kelly essentials
                I kinda wish I would've ordered that set. I even had an opportunity to buy a complete set in the aftermarket for a decent price a year or two ago, and again passed it up. Glutton for disappointment, I guess.

Comment

Most of you are probably aware of my obsession with David Petersen - and I'm constantly on the lookout for more pieces. Luckily (or unluckily,) he's got A LOT of pieces, so there are still a ton of items I don't have.

Today, eBay delivered two recent acquisitions - one fairly common - and the second is far less common.

First - the common item - his variant cover to the TMNT Usagi Yojimo one shot:
                  IMG_4829.JPG

And the second one - the one I'm REALLY EXCITED to have - a poster he did for Mondo for Disney's The Rescuers:
                  IMG_4830.JPG

This one has received the GF's thumbs up - which means I need to find appropriate wall space to frame and hang it up. I have a feeling my Doctor Who poster is going to be rotated out and back into a cardboard tube.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                    Most of you are probably aware of my obsession with David Petersen - and I'm constantly on the lookout for more pieces. Luckily (or unluckily,) he's got A LOT of pieces, so there are still a ton of items I don't have.

Today, eBay delivered two recent acquisitions - one fairly common - and the second is far less common.

First - the common item - his variant cover to the TMNT Usagi Yojimo one shot:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]20610[/ATTACH]

And the second one - the one I'm REALLY EXCITED to have - a poster he did for Mondo for Disney's The Rescuers:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]20611[/ATTACH]

This one has received the GF's thumbs up - which means I need to find appropriate wall space to frame and hang it up. I have a feeling my Doctor Who poster is going to be rotated out and back into a cardboard tube.
                    Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                      Thanks for the thoughts on Thunderstorm. I'm subscribed to their newsletter and I check the site every so often. Seems only a matter of time before I jump in.
                      I guess I’ll throw my two cents in as well. I was a pretty avid Thunderstorm collector until recently. I agree with everyone else and think their production values are great and Paul really cares about his customers. Their output is also insane. 2-3 books a month is not uncommon and that gets pretty rich at $70+ a book. I stepped away mostly because I wanted to take my collection in a different direction and wound up selling almost my entire TSB collection.

Comment

Pretty cool stuff, Jason. Also, Mike says, "Hi".

Comment

I kinda wish I would've ordered that set. I even had an opportunity to buy a complete set in the aftermarket for a decent price a year or two ago, and again passed it up. Glutton for disappointment, I guess.
                          If I ever decide to move mine, I'll keep you in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                            If I ever decide to move mine, I'll keep you in mind.
                            Thanks, Mike, appreciate it. And congrats on the Bradbury / Heston volume...pretty neat! I have a William F. Nolan-signed-to-Steve-McQueen, so can appreciate the slight thrill of having that kind of Association Copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                              Pretty cool stuff, Jason. Also, Mike says, "Hi".
                              Thanks! And hi Mike via Brian!

Comment

Kind of a Grail for me. First Edition October Country 1955. It is an Ex-Library book but in fantastic shape. I paid $50.00 for it. Y'all know what a Fine First is going for, so this might be my best chance to own a First at all. Pretty darn pleased! Have a great Day!!

October Country 1955.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X