Writing Contest Final Round!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

HaHa! Craig you are too funny Private Meekley!
      http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

I can't believe this contest now has an official soundtrack! Need to resist the urge to Madison, Mashed Potato, Stroll, Hully Gully, Wahtusi, and Monkey all around my house!

CW- if you look up the adjective, meek, it's amazing a man's privates have never had the comparison drawn on before..."Quiet, gentle, and easily imposed on; submissive."

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
          CW- if you look up the adjective, meek, it's amazing a man's privates have never had the comparison drawn on before..."Quiet, gentle, and easily imposed on; submissive."
          Oh Lord! I may bust a gut laughing, Craig! Actually, now that you mention it, I think that is a more apt description of a woman's privates! In my experience, men's privates are pushy and rude! We better stop now before Dan puts us on super-secret-probation for being lewd! Haha!

Comment

Too true. Don't want to be put on probation, even if it is super-secret, though I probably wouldn't know I was on it if it was that super-secret. I will add, before this conversation returns to more high-brow content, that your description has left me with an enduring image of a penis jumping the cue outside a club called, Blessed are the Meek, and offending a lot of people in the process.

Right, back on track.

Comment

I feel like I wasted my vote now...
              I worried about this from the beginning. I refused to vote for myself until I had at least one other vote because I didn't want to end up with only one vote (being mine) and it being wasted. But then when I got a vote I went ahead and voted for myself. I kinda wish I had held onto it though... too bad we couldn't have had 3 votes for the finals, especially given the limited number of people who can vote in this last round.

Comment

I hear you, Jim. I told my wife how I have caved in and looked at the results and once she stopped laughing at me, she asked the number of votes I had, which then triggered her laughter again. So supportive.

She also asked what the average number of votes each winner of each group had during the knock-out stage. I rounded it off at about 30/40. she then said, "well, there's plenty more people still to vote then", but I then explained that the person who may have voted for my story may have voted for the winning story in another group, which means that that person would need to choose, assuming all the stories they voted for made the final 11, which one they liked best. Sophie's Choice, but without the children, and death of course.
                "So, if 100 hundred people voted in this contest, and they all voted for the same stories which made it into the final 11, then they would have to choose?" she asked.
                I nodded before informing her that the people who may have voted for you might have made it in the final 11! To which, she burst into laughter again and offered to make me a cup of tea.

Comment

I hear you, Jim. I told my wife how I have caved in and looked at the results and once she stopped laughing at me, she asked the number of votes I had, which then triggered her laughter again. So supportive.

She also asked what the average number of votes each winner of each group had during the knock-out stage. I rounded it off at about 30/40. she then said, "well, there's plenty more people still to vote then", but I then explained that the person who may have voted for my story may have voted for the winning story in another group, which means that that person would need to choose, assuming all the stories they voted for made the final 11, which one they liked best. Sophie's Choice, but without the children, and death of course.
                  "So, if 100 hundred people voted in this contest, and they all voted for the same stories which made it into the final 11, then they would have to choose?" she asked.
                  I nodded before informing her that the people who may have voted for you might have made it in the final 11! To which, she burst into laughter again and offered to make me a cup of tea.
                  She sounds like a wonderfully supportive wife-she did offer to make you tea

Comment

Yes, most heartache and upset can be resolved or tempered by a good cup of tea. The only time I don't like tea is when the "big light" is on. The big light is the light that is usually fixed to the ceiling and is used only for locating lost items that can't be found in the dim hue of a table lamp, or, if the big light is on and is accompanied by a cup of tea, someone has died or been hurt badly. It may be a British thing.

Comment

Yes, most heartache and upset can be resolved or tempered by a good cup of tea. The only time I don't like tea is when the "big light" is on. The big light is the light that is usually fixed to the ceiling and is used only for locating lost items that can't be found in the dim hue of a table lamp, or, if the big light is on and is accompanied by a cup of tea, someone has died or been hurt badly. It may be a British thing.
                      I'm sure it is a Craig thing-which is no doubt a British thing-but it's fun to hear things from the persepective of someone half a world away!

Comment

It's pretty much the same here at the Craven house, with the big light. Except we drink more iced tea than hot tea.

Comment

Lets hope the big light is not used on the 29th, Jim. Unless of course you physically lose something.

Comment

Lets hope the big light is not used on the 29th, Jim. Unless of course you physically lose something.
                            Agreed...

Comment

I've been doing my best not to check the polls. Just did. Good work, Caren. You deserve it too.

Comment

WOW! A bold move by Caren to pull into a tie for 3rd! Exciting.
                                Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Working...
                                X